My wife and I, along with two of our friends have just returned from the Grand Mirage and all I can say was that it was FANTASTIC. We had a superb time and were really looked after by all the staff. Any problems we had (and there were very few) were very quickly dealt with. The room we had was a deluxe romantic room and whilst it may not have had every amenity possible, it was thoroughly cleaned every day and was very comfortable. I read quite a few reviews about how pathetic the baths and showers were, however both mine and my friends had showers that almost pushed you through the screen due to their power! The only thing I can grumble about was the speed with which the bath and sink emptied and that was hardly a problem I was going to be bothered about!
The food was excellent at the buffet cafe and was both tasty and fresh. They serve oriental and western dishes daily. We ate at all of the restaurants and only found the Italian themed one a bit iffy. The food was still good and extremely well presented; just the atmosphere was a bit duff. We did however make the mistake of eating at Chopsticks at the Club Mirage and I definitely would recommend avoiding it! I was toilet bound for 24hrs almost immediately after eating there and I normally have the intestinal system of a mountain goat!
The grounds are immaculate and the pictures on T.A. just don’t do them justice. The pool was cleaned daily along with the beach. There is a sea swimming area that’s clearly roped off but it's not worth taking your snorkelling kit as the bottom is sandy with sea grass patches. You’re pretty much left in peace whilst sunbathing on the beach as the beach hawkers stay near the waterline. They're really nice and if your haggling skills are any good, there's some great bargains to be had on sarongs and such like. There was one guy who was selling crossbows but for some strange reason, didn't seem to be doing much trade!
All inclusive guests have 30mins of free internet time per day but the staff don’t exactly clock watch. You can purchase 24hrs of Wi Fi for about £10 which was more than ample for me. There’s also a gym for the lunatics that cant switch off and relax and a karaoke room for the tone deaf :-D
The main purpose for me in staying at the Grand Mirage was to get married and in the respect, the hotel excelled. Again, the staff couldn't have been more helpful and my wife and I were totally blown away with the wedding venue.
So, to sum it up - would I return? IN A HEARTBEAT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Bali is a 5 star Bali resort with a large white sandy beach right in front of the resort. With 380 rooms & suites, including new wing Family Paradise, it is set among beautifully landscaped tropical garden. Rising like a vision from the Balinese sea, it is located on the tip of Nusa Dua beach, Tanjung Benoa, Bali’s watersport center. Prime position only 20 minutes from Bali International airport, the Grand Mirage Resort is the perfect choice for a serene getaway to the Island of the Gods. Grand Mirage offers a whole new class of luxury All Inclusive and room and breakfast packages as well as an almost unlimited choices entertainment and leisure activities for adult and kids including wall climbing, adult water slide, mini water park, indoor and outdoor playground for kids. On top of it, it presents 7 world class gourmet restaurants of which one is available 24 hours, with a wide selection of food & beverage choices. Hotel guests may also enjoy the Thalasso Bali Spa and Aquamedic pool with each spa room designed with its own theme in mind, hosted by professional Spa therapists, giving the perfect relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mirage Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Grand Mirage Resort Bali
- Grand Mirage Tanjungbenoa
- Grand Mirage Bali
- Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali Tanjung Benoa