“Excellent Room Service”

Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Went to stay at this Hotel at the end of October for 12 nights with Virgin. We took the Singapore Airlines option and had a stop over period at Singapore on the way out, which we spent in the Transit Hotel at the airport. Can thoroughly recommend Singapore Airport and Airways. When we finally arrived in Bali we were met by Virgin's rep who called himself Dot Com. It should have been Dot Com Trotter! He pestered us all the way to the Hotel trying to sell us tours. I told him we came here to dive and that led to more pushy sales patter. I informed him that I had already booked the dive trips by email and that shut him up. He noticed I had a mob and asked for my mob no. and I gave it to him because I knew exactly what he was going to do next and I was right. He texted me to make sure I had not lied. He kept pestering us with his sales patter until we checked in and then left to pick up some more mugs. Our room was magnificent with a partial sea view. We were all inclusive. Had I known that there were so many reasonably priced bars/restaurants within walking distance, I would have booked b&b. The main restaurant food was poor. The best place to eat was the Cafe, outside by the pool (good burgers) and the Chinese restaurant, that was just up the road and owned by the hotel. The waiters were so friendly and helpful at both places. For breakfast we used room service. Room service was unbelievable. You can order 24/7 and the food is with you in no time at all. The local shops/bars/restaurants only except local currency Rupia. 10,000 Rupia is equivalent to $1. For $100 you will be a Balinese Millionaire. The hotel gave me 1,100,000 Rupia for $100. Don't bother taking U.S. Dollars with you to change up as they prefer Pounds (nobody told me this before I went!). The beach at this hotel is really good but you are forced to inhale the exhaust fumes and suffer the relentless noise from all of the Jet Bikes that zoom up an down all day long. Dot Com Trotter continued to text me which I totally ignored. Bintang beer was very good but Bali Hi beer was terrible. Unfortunately Bali Hi was all included but not Bingtang, unless you went to Chopsticks (their Chinese) that only stock Bingtang. All of the best sun beds ( in the shade) get reserved with towels very early in the morning. If you are looking for a quiet beech holiday do not go to this hotel!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danny K
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Mr. Danny K,
I am pleased that your stay was more than satisfactory. Thank you for sharing your experience to the leading travel website, Trip Advisor. I believe, it could be used as guidance for the future guests or traveler. I hope I would see you again next time.

There are newer reviews for Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali

Reviewed December 6, 2013

So what did I expect from the Grand Mirage, probably what I have recieved at other top rated hotels I have stayed in during 13 years of travel to Bali. I wasnt disppointed.
I recieved a very warm welcome and checkin was effortless, for the first time ever, I had booked an all inclusive deal, I was taken to the guest managers desk and the AI was explained to me, it would be easier to list what wasnt included in the deal. Next i was escorted to my room, very spacious, clean, nice furnishings and 'cold' lovely. beach and ocean view, couldnt ask for any more. I arrived fairly late in the day so headed to the bar to get over the long flight, as a lond traveller it is a little daunting at first when you dont know anyone, it seems the grand mirage brings out the best in people, before I knew it I had a circle of friends who would share my experience for the duration of my holiday.
The facilities in the hotel are second to none, the beach is a massive expanse, and dont be put off with the water sports, you really dont notice them, and as AI you get the opportunity to take part in them including the 'seawalking' a great experience. The nightly shows and themed buffet meals are all part of the deal and a great way to relax in the evening, food is very good, service is reliable and quick, the staff are attentive and very friendly from the gardeners up to the management. Would I recommend it and go back, too right I would.

Room Tip: 2nd floor and above, facing the pool and beach
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Su1280

Dear Mrs. Su1280,
I am more than happy to learn that your stay has exceeded the expectation. Thank you for sharing your experience through the number1 travel website, Trip Advisor. Please rest assured that we always try our best to make our guests comfortable.

If you would like to book your room prior to the holiday, please do not hesitate to book directly via our website, grandmirage.com where various bonuses are available, such as free airport transfer for minimum 3 night stay with all inclusive (terms and conditions apply)
I am looking forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The resort-hotel was booked for our office anniversary for 4 days. The guests included families and the all-inclusive package which the office availed for was truly worth the experience. The hotel offerred food and beverages including some outdoor services (massage, discounted spas, speed boat rides,sand walk, kayaking, etc) as part of the all-inclusive package and it was good value for money spent by the office, I enjoyed our stay and the overall ambience. The staff was courteous and helpful at all times. My 7-year old daughter got lost in the hotel for a short span of time and the staff were alert to locate us very quickly. In another instance of staff friendliness, even though I was late for my massage, the staff were gracious enough to accommodate me as their last guest.

The pool was wonderful. I however did not notice if there was a standby lifeguard in the pool and beach areas. A visible presence would add to the overall safety of the resort.

The room was spacious. I however would recommend that some of the towels be replaced with brand new ones as some look newer than others. The water closet needs to be fitted with a bidet hose as an added convenience.

The hotel is old but the service and facilities are commendable! The buffet meals are sumptuous and have a variety of offerings, however, it takes quite some time for food to arrive when ordered ala carte. The pool bar is excellent with a friendly bartender always ready to serve you with a smile. In both of our office dinners, the food was pre-selected to be of local cuisine, however I would suggest that a variety of non-traditional food be provided, expecially for kids who may not be used to 'spicy' food.

It is also near the airport (just 30mins drive) which made traveling more convenient. There are shops across the hotel which guests can explore if there isn't enough time to travel to the town center. I hope though the resort could have a better grasp of time one needs to be in the airport as they insisted to be at the airport 3 hours before the flght when we could have arrived later as it turned out. We left the resort at 6:40 am.

Room Tip: Best to choose a non-smoking room. Best to take the buffet meal as ordering may take time.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Norben,
Thank you for sharing your insights of Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali at Trip Advisor. We do really appreciate it. It is a pleasure for me to be at your service and made you and your daughter happy with the holiday.

If you are visiting Bali next time, I recommend you to book directly via our website grandmirage.com where all the attractive inclusions are available such as free motorized water sport for minimum 3 night stay with all inclusive (terms and conditions apply)

Once again, thank you for staying at Grand Mirage Resort. I cannot wait to welcome you again!

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

The oldest hotel still delivers best services. From reception to room service to lounge everything was awesome. The staff was pleasant and courteous. The beach was good and breakfast was sumptuous. The pool wad good. Location was good with restaurants nearby. All over a good experience.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shagunkhera
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Mr. Shagunkera,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful holiday experience in Grand Mirage through the leading travel website, tripadvisor.com. We are more than happy to learn that your stay was more than satisfactory.

I am ecstatic to welcome you again!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

It was all inclusive meals and drinks etc. Hotel situated on the coast, right in front of the sea. We had 2 lovely rooms with beautiful sea view. the breakfast was very good as well the daily other food for exception there was a lot of pork in the menu which made it a bit difficult for us as we do not eat beef or pork, but the restaurant staff was very good to us and tried to accommodate us and provide us with good alternatives. The hotel has a special dinner with their traditional dance of Bali which was spectuluar. We went to dinner at the Jukung grill and their lobsters and prawn and fish was mouth watering and delicious. There are many water sports all along the coast near the hotel which we asked hotel to arrange for us with one of their agency. On the whole our stay was beautiful as one can relax on shore of the beach and lye under their gazebos and relax or have dinner etc. The hotel is really very lovely inside with water features and stairways and Balinese statues. the staff was also very accommodating and helpful and every evening a bowl of fruits was delivered to our room. There are many computer games and other games and activities for kids, as well as internet services in one section of the hotel.

Room Tip: sea view rooms over looking pool and beautiful garden structure.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mrs. SHDD,

Thank you for your compliments toward our resort. It is a pleasure for us that your stay had exceeded your expectations and coped with the needs of every member of your family.
If you are coming back to Bali, I recommend you to book directly via our website, grandmirage.com where various inclusions such as free motorized water sport for minimum 3 night stay (terms and conditions apply).

I cannot wait to see you again!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We booked 3 hotels in Bali above the average price as we wanted to have a little luxury. This was the last of the 3 hotels, it was all inclusive and the most expensive of the 3. What a waste of money! We got there late on the first night and ordered room service. The chicken in my curry was full of fat and bone. The room smelt strongly of mold and for a bit of luxury, the room was well over priced and the bathroom especially was very average. If you are going to stay here, I wouldn't upgrade to have a balcony with a view. The balcony was so tiny we never went out there. The breakfast was ok but we had an Aussie BBQ and just about everything on it was badly made, including all of the meat, prawns and even the rice. We did a tour in the under water sea walker and paid for pictures that we were told would be sent out to us after we had left as the computer was broken. We refused to leave the money, which was lucky as after I had no reply from them I contacted the hotel again only to be told that the computer had a virus. This hotel was a massive let down which was a shame as the other 2 hotels were beautiful. I'd definitely try somewhere else!

Room Tip: Don't waste your money on All Inclusive. If the room smells of mold then ask to change rooms. I...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gemma G

Dear Mrs. Gemma G,

I am very sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. Thank you for your constructive feedback toward our resort. We would use it as a guidance to improve our service.

Our chef, Matthew Wood paid attention on every detail to serve good food. We do apologize if it could not live up your standards. In regards to the Seawalker, they are actually an outsource company, but I have shared your thoughts with them, so that they could prevent if the same issue happening and they have guaranteed that they will contact you for that.

I hope those issues would not deter you to come back to Grand Mirage again.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

"All Inclusive" is all you need to know! I kept thinking there is going to be something to complain about because this deal is too good to be true, but I couldn't find anything.
We had the perfect holiday break at a beautiful resort with friendly staff, lovely accommodation, great food and the list goes. We didn't even feel the need to leave the resort.
TIP: book directly through the hotel for the best all inclusive deal.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Claire P

Dear Mrs. Claire P,

I am more than happy to learn that your stay had lived up the expectations. Thank you for sharing your holiday experience through the number one travelling website, tripadvisor.com.
For your next holiday, I recommend you to book directly through our website, grandmirage.com where various attractive inclusions are available such as: free airport transfer for minimum 3 night stay with all inclusive (terms and conditions apply)

I look forward to welcome you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
Melia Bali
Melia Bali
#15 of 54 in Nusa Dua
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali

Been to Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali? Share your experiences!