Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We spent 5 nights here at the end of our Bali holidays and overall had a great experience.
We were checked in to the lounge with a cool drink and towel then shown to our room. (deluxe sea view) I did not like its location as it was at the start of a corridor next to the Panorama lounge so after a quick phone call they were happy to move us to a room further along at the other end of the corridor where it was nice and quiet. ( I must say that the sea views from the 3rd floor where we were were not brilliant due to trees etc but we could get a glimpse!).
We are beach people so the fact that the pool lounges seemed busy did not bother us at all, there were plentiful free loungers along the beach each time we went down.
The service in all the bars and restaurants was very good. We were AI and could not fault the food, particularly liked Juking Grill and the Italian but werent really overimpressed with the set menu at Chopsticks)
We only used room service for breakfast and that was very good.
We took advantage of the Seawalker trip and that was very good. Worth mentioning that the tide goes rather far out if your hoping to do watersports can be a bit restrictive but we were able to for half of each day.
The one thing we felt really let the resort down was the courtesy room available for a late check out. I appreciate that this is a gesture as check out is 14.00 (they promptly cut off our wristbands off unlike other hotels we have stayed at previously but fair enough)
The courtesy room was a small dingy dated room, that was dirty and smelly with just a bench (a socket, no mirrors) although it was ensuite. There were wet/dirty towels on the floor and the bathroom was very rundown with a mere trickle coming out of the shower. Although It did the job we felt that this room really let the rest of the hotel down as it was the worst experience of a courtesy room we had ever experienced. When we left the hotel grounds we felt like we were back in the real Bali.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank judec_11
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Mr.& Mrs. Judec_11,
Greetings from Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali!
It is a delight for me to learn that your stay exceeded the expectation. I appreciate the feedback shared at tripadvisor.com.

We do apologize for the courtesy room, we have noted your concerns and taken immediate action to fix it. Thank you for your constructive feedback.

If you are planning to visit Bali again, I recommend you to book directly via our website, grandmirage.com where all inviting inclusions are provided such as free motorized water sport for every 3 night stay (terms and conditions apply).
I look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and daughter stayed here for two weeks and met up with some Aussie relatives. The hotel turned out to be an ideal choice, it's situation next to the beach was wonderful. all staff we had contact with were polite, friendly and helpful, the food was excellent and the hotel is clean and well maintained.
We particularly enjoyed lunchtime and evening meals at the Jukung Grill Restaurant next to the beach, where the staff were exceptional, they also serve you on the beach, always with a big smile and friendly chat.
We were inclusive for our two week stay which entitles you to free laundry, 2 items per person per day, vouchers for the spa which the ladies enjoyed plus waterspout vouchers. Overall it was a great holiday with many happy memories.

Room Tip: We were happy with our garden view room, excellent A/C. Possibly the sea view rooms are noisier bein...
1  Thank JMG1942

Dear Mr./Mrs.JMG1942,

I thank you for sharing the Bali holiday story with Grand Mirage Resort through the leading traveler website, tripadvisor.com. That you enjoyed our all inclusive package is an honor for me. All the inclusions such as laundry, and meal are designed to pamper our guest.
Once again, thank you for residing with us. I cannot wait to see you again!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I am writing review for the benefit of fellow travelers. I planned my 5D4N trip to Bali and specially booked All-Inclusive package (bit expensive) from Grand Mirage.

Awesome experience of staying at Grand Mirage. Staff (front-desk/ sales marketing) were polite. Due to All-Inclusive package, we were given special check-in facility and complimentary 1 hr. beach massage.

We travelled from Singapore and our flight was delayed by more than 1 hour and everyone were hungry so immediately we jumped to Grand Café. Kids like Pizza and milk shake.

Evening was extremely good with beach side cabana and later Grand Stage Show with dinner. With all-inclusive package there was no worry to have food at specific time, we were at our own and this makes true vacation.

Morning view of ocean from our room was wonderful with sun ray dropping on ocean. I don't know how our 4 days were gone with so much of pleasant memory.

There are cheap massage outside resort IDR60,000, but massage offered by Grand Mirage was excellent.

Airport to Hotel is USD 15 per way for big taxi ( 5 people ) which I booked from baliairporttaxi.com

Overall it was satisfying experience.

Thanks

1  Thank RajeevSr
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Mr./Mrs. R-Singapore,

Thank you for your taking time to review us via tripadvisor. It is an honor for us to learn that your family stay was flawless.

If you are reserving your room prior to your holiday, I recommend you to book directly via our website grandmirage.com where various inclusions are provided such as free airport transfer for minimum 3 night stay for all inclusive.

Once again, thank you for wonderful feedback. I look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Our friends and I decided to return to the Grand Mirage for a second visit. Firstly let me say all staff are wonderful especially Nota, Sibang, Billy and Gun. BUT alas the Management are not the most helpful. Because of our very late arrival because of the Apec meeting in Bali, our arrival was delayed until 12 Mid-night instead of 12 Mid-day. On arrival we were not offered a drink and shown to 2 rooms, they were at the back of the Hotel and on the 4th floor, the view from the these were over looking the road, which is nosy and overlooking a corrugated walk way. The rooms had a cracked sink, the telephone wasn't working and the safe didn't work. We immediately went back down to the Reception and they suggested we slept there for one night and come and see the Manager in the morning. He did not appreciate it was our second visit and we had lovely rooms last time and that we were not going to stay in the rooms allocated. Eventually, they gave us a room at the Ocean front, but it cost us 7 days extra and they gave us 7 free.

The remainder of the holiday was lovely and again the Staff in the restaurants, on the beach and cleaners were fantastic.

It is just a shame we had to spend a morning trying to sort out our rooms, especially after loosing 12 hours of our holiday.

Room Tip: Do not book a Garden Room, Book an Ocean view. All garden rooms have terrible out looks.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barbara E

Dear Mrs. Barbara E,
We are pleased that you are coming back to Grand Mirage, and we have passed your thoughts to the respective staff and they appreciate it. We have noted your concerns, and we have done corrective measures to avoid this problem coming again.

Let us clarify that you were allocated in a Deluxe Garden room following your booking. After letting us know that you were not 100% happy our Resident Manager (Mr. Medina) did agree to move you into the next room category, our Deluxe Ocean Room with a 60% discount from publish rate, rate that you agreed too.

Rest assured that we really appreciate your coming back to Grand Mirage and have given our best for to make your gold wedding anniversary as flawless as we could. We are sorry if it did not satisfy you yet.

I hope the issue does not deter you to come back to Grand Mirage again. Thank you.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and 7 year old granddaughter for 7 nights in October. I got the room at a very good price thanks to Bali Getaway. I upgraded to a Deluxe Ocean View room. I asked for the top floor in a quiet spot. When we checked in their was no welcome drink and no cold towel. The receptionist told me that we were on the top floor, when in fact we were on the third floor. We couldn't complain as we still had nice views from the balcony. The room would be about an Australian 4 star standard. We had problems with the shower head, leaking toilet and a leak coming from the ceiling. All of these problems were fixed promptly upon being reported. The hotel was lovely and the location could not be faulted. The breakfast was nice with good variation each morning. We did not go all-inclusive as I was quoted nearly $200 per night for the 3 of us. The only thing we bought at the hotel was a cocktail and non alcoholic drink for my granddaughter. This came to $22 AUD which is extortionate. There are many good cheap restaurants within 5 minutes in each direction from the hotel. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. I would recommend the money changer to the left of the hotel just past Club Mirage (has frosted window). Overall we were very happy with our stay at the Grand Mirage and intend to stay there in the future.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Ocean View rooms are a lot quieter and have lovely views from the top floors.
2  Thank brucebarrie

Dear Mr. BruceBarrie,

Thank you for your excellent feedback towards our resort. It is an honor for us that your family stay was impressive. Thank you for sharing your holiday experience through the leading travel website, tripadvisor.com.

If you are coming to Bali next time, I suggest you to book directly via our website, grandmirage.com where various inclusions are provided such as free motorized water sport for every 3 night stay with all inclusive.

I look forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Faultless! Our five night stay proved to be excellent beyond belief. Cleanliness, friendliness of all staff of Grand Mirage was exceptional.
I would recommend all inclusive as a bit expensive for food and drink
Thank you we will be returning.

Dear Mr. Jacquie S.,

It is a pleasure for us that your stay exceeded the expectations. We are glad to learn that you could enjoy your all inclusive package which is designed to pamper our guests.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I could not wait to welcome you again!

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Wow. This place is terrible. Having booked a double room, and having this confirmed by the check in clerk (2 times) that we wanted a room with one bed - following a relatively uneventful experience we arrived at our room to find 2 single beds pushed together. After returning to reception (the same check in clerk ) with the booking confirmation in hand that I had booked a double room, I was told that she find an alternate and asked me to wait in the current room where she would call me. 30 minutes later, I went back to reception and demanded that it be resolved immediately. The girl was nowhere to be seen, and I had to start again with another staff member whose ambivalence was deafening. He stated there were no other rooms available. I requested to speak to the manager. After further explanation we were finally given a new room (despite non being available) but now I write this waiting for maintenance to arrive to fix the air conditioning - as there is no cool air. So that aside, the pool is cloudy (a sign of poor hygiene), the pool bar prices are overpriced, the hotel common areas are generally shabby (chipped tiles) and grubby. In a place where we are spending 1.8million rupiah a night, it is utterly inexplicable given labour costs here in Bali to have a hotel so poorly maintained. Do yourself a favour, go somewhere else and avoid this disgrace of a hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank max1978

Dear Max1978,

I regret that your stay was less than satisfactory. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience. Please rest assured that Grand Mirage deeply care about pool hygiene so our pool is cleaned and treated on daily basis and measurement of the chlorine and PH is taken daily. There has been no other report from any other guests or our pool staff in regards with pool water not being clear. For us, cleanliness is priority as we would like our resort to be comfortable for our guests.

Once again, we are sorry for the issues. We thank you for the feedback that would help us in improving our service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
Melia Bali
Melia Bali
#15 of 54 in Nusa Dua
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali

Been to Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali? Share your experiences!