We spent 5 nights here at the end of our Bali holidays and overall had a great experience.
We were checked in to the lounge with a cool drink and towel then shown to our room. (deluxe sea view) I did not like its location as it was at the start of a corridor next to the Panorama lounge so after a quick phone call they were happy to move us to a room further along at the other end of the corridor where it was nice and quiet. ( I must say that the sea views from the 3rd floor where we were were not brilliant due to trees etc but we could get a glimpse!).
We are beach people so the fact that the pool lounges seemed busy did not bother us at all, there were plentiful free loungers along the beach each time we went down.
The service in all the bars and restaurants was very good. We were AI and could not fault the food, particularly liked Juking Grill and the Italian but werent really overimpressed with the set menu at Chopsticks)
We only used room service for breakfast and that was very good.
We took advantage of the Seawalker trip and that was very good. Worth mentioning that the tide goes rather far out if your hoping to do watersports can be a bit restrictive but we were able to for half of each day.
The one thing we felt really let the resort down was the courtesy room available for a late check out. I appreciate that this is a gesture as check out is 14.00 (they promptly cut off our wristbands off unlike other hotels we have stayed at previously but fair enough)
The courtesy room was a small dingy dated room, that was dirty and smelly with just a bench (a socket, no mirrors) although it was ensuite. There were wet/dirty towels on the floor and the bathroom was very rundown with a mere trickle coming out of the shower. Although It did the job we felt that this room really let the rest of the hotel down as it was the worst experience of a courtesy room we had ever experienced. When we left the hotel grounds we felt like we were back in the real Bali.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Bali is a 5 star Bali resort with a large white sandy beach right in front of the resort. With 380 rooms & suites, including new wing Family Paradise, it is set among beautifully landscaped tropical garden. Rising like a vision from the Balinese sea, it is located on the tip of Nusa Dua beach, Tanjung Benoa, Bali’s watersport center. Prime position only 20 minutes from Bali International airport, the Grand Mirage Resort is the perfect choice for a serene getaway to the Island of the Gods. Grand Mirage offers a whole new class of luxury All Inclusive and room and breakfast packages as well as an almost unlimited choices entertainment and leisure activities for adult and kids including wall climbing, adult water slide, mini water park, indoor and outdoor playground for kids. On top of it, it presents 7 world class gourmet restaurants of which one is available 24 hours, with a wide selection of food & beverage choices. Hotel guests may also enjoy the Thalasso Bali Spa and Aquamedic pool with each spa room designed with its own theme in mind, hosted by professional Spa therapists, giving the perfect relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mirage Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Grand Mirage Resort Bali
- Grand Mirage Tanjungbenoa
- Grand Mirage Bali
- Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali Tanjung Benoa