In July 2013 I stayed at the Grand Mirage before and after a 10 day liveaboard dive trip. I had stayed here a few years ago, and decided to stay here again based on my past memories and recent reviews here. The staff was VERY helpful with answering my questions online, and with reservations.
The rooms were as lovely as I remembered (even if floor creaked a bit) and they even accommodated my move request due to noise below my balcony. The bed was very comfortable. Listening to the waves, and the ocean view, made me sigh with enjoyment. The desk set up and wifi connections worked fine. I had room service one night and it was great and convenient.
The pool area was nice, though busy, and you do have to get out by the beach quickly to snag a lounge chair, but I was prepared as I'd read to do so on TA. Most chairs came in pairs under an umbrella with a small table, and some were under native trees, quite lovely. The breakfast buffet included was nice, but again very busy. You might have to wait in line for the egg station!
There is a western style mall called The Bali Collection nearby, and a shuttle stopped at the hotel on an hourly basis to and from here. I did some shopping for Bali souvenirs...not like the rustic markets in Ubud but adequate and there was even a grocery store for snacks and such. It suited my needs for trouble free access and stress free shopping.
Only slight complaint was trying to have dinner in the restaurant one night. I waited so long after ordering and was so tired I finally gave up and went to my room!
All in all, for the value compared to the Westin, etc. up the street, it suited me and I would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Bali is a 5 star Bali resort with a large white sandy beach right in front of the resort. With 380 rooms & suites, including new wing Family Paradise, it is set among beautifully landscaped tropical garden. Rising like a vision from the Balinese sea, it is located on the tip of Nusa Dua beach, Tanjung Benoa, Bali’s watersport center. Prime position only 20 minutes from Bali International airport, the Grand Mirage Resort is the perfect choice for a serene getaway to the Island of the Gods. Grand Mirage offers a whole new class of luxury All Inclusive and room and breakfast packages as well as an almost unlimited choices entertainment and leisure activities for adult and kids including wall climbing, adult water slide, mini water park, indoor and outdoor playground for kids. On top of it, it presents 7 world class gourmet restaurants of which one is available 24 hours, with a wide selection of food & beverage choices. Hotel guests may also enjoy the Thalasso Bali Spa and Aquamedic pool with each spa room designed with its own theme in mind, hosted by professional Spa therapists, giving the perfect relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mirage Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Grand Mirage Resort Bali
- Grand Mirage Tanjungbenoa
- Grand Mirage Bali
- Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali Tanjung Benoa