“Dissappointed with the Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Mirage Resort

Grand Mirage Resort
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
George Town, Malaysia
“Dissappointed with the Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is very old. The room needs to be upgraded. The furniture is old and some of the drawer is not working. Have a very hard time operating the in room safe. The mini bar was not working even though we have complaint multiple times. Wifi is slow. If you need better speed, u need to pay.

Breakfast was great. The pool was great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Mr. Patcheah,

I deeply regret that we your stay was not to your satisfaction. We have shared your comments to the respective department heads and committed to improve our service. Rest assured that we always strive to make our resort spotless, especially in our room.

I hope those shortfalls do not dishearten you to come back to our lovely resort.

Juan A. Sanchez, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (700)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Not a new hotel but it is in a good condition. The beach is nice and there is always deck chair for latecomers. It doesn't worth to pay for all inclusive, better going out to any restaurant in the area. Bars and restaurants are extremely expensive. I didn't like that we could check in only after 2 p.m. so we had to wait on a bench for more than 3.5 hours but except this, stuff was polite and helpful. Actually, we did not have too much business with the hotel, but spent the whole day outside of the hotel. There are so many sights to see and things to do, prepare to stay here for more than a week! Don't miss out ocean and jungle rafting.

Room Tip: Better to chose a room with ocean view but it has a surcharge. They usually sell all the ocen view r...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Technogracia
Dear Mrs. Technogracia,

That your stay had exceeded the expectation is a delight for me. It is another wonderful thing for me that you had great days with our room, beach, and, activities.

For your next stay, I recommend you to book directly via grandmirage.com where extensive bonuses are provided, such as free airport transfer for minimum 4 night stay (terms and conditions apply).

Thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you again!

uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel is stunning - my hubby and I came here in August 2013 with our 5 year old daughter for our honeymoon and was not dissapointed - from the moment we arrived and were whisked into the managers office to check in with juice and a cool towel to freshen up - we knew we would be in safe hands - the location is right on the beach which is beautiful and very clean and safe - there are many water sports to choose to do and as the climate was windy but hot it was not too sticky - we went on the jets skiis with an instructor which was awesome and my daughter and her dad went on the speed boat which she loved - Everyone is so helpful and can not do enough for you - we had all inclusive as we expected to stay on resort for most of our trip which was exceptional value - there was a buffet meal for breakfast - lunch and evening which was standard stuff really but also there was the Jukung grill outside which had a really nice menu and was really of a very different quality - all cooked fresh to order - we went through the menu and were never dissapointed - we also ate in the cascata restaurant which was excellant - all these were included in the A.I option with no extra charge. The kids club was of a superior quality from most we have experienced and found our daughter only too eager to go - she made loads of craft things and they organised loads of treasure hunts in and around the gardens and even did activities in the pool for them - there was load to do not just the normal drawing etc and the staff were wonderful with the children - very safe and secure. The eve shows were typical of what to expect on the Rama stage - fire eaters - dancers etc with and open buffet from different countries - the musicians in the panarama lounge were below average singers really for this quality of hotel but still - entertaining.
The staff here were extremely helpful - we had laundry done daily and was always polite and proffesional - we enjoyed room service 24 hours which was quick service and good quality.As we stayed for more than 12 nights we had some xtra perks - 2 pieces of laundry done pp daily - free jet skiis - speed boats - banana boats - sea walker - theatre tickets - which we used - the room was spacious and had a king size bed and a put me up bed which was very comfortable - fresh clean linen and towels adily - very clean - views of the sea - breathtaking - the spa was one of the best have experienced and I have enjoyed many round the world - I had a hot stone massage which was exceptional - very tranquil and most professional - I woud recommend this hotel to anyone - you will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: sea view - definately - we were near to lounge - music until 11pm ish but that didnt bother us
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank babysham5
Dear Mrs. Babysham5,

I am grateful to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us. Your tips and sharing are deeply appreciated. Thank you for let us serve you throughout your family holiday.

If you would like to book a room for your next holiday, I recommend you to reserve directly via grandmirage.com where extensive inclusions are available, such as: free non motorized water sport for every 3 night stay (terms & conditions apply).

Once again, I thank you for the excellent feedback. I would be delighted to welcome you again.

Padova, Italia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I'm now early checking out this hotel as part of my honeymoon.
This Solution is definitely not good for such type of vacation: it's a huge complex with low privacy for couples, noisy and dirty rooms and low support from The staff.
We asked for reimbursement due to early check out but they just sticked to there cancellation policy, without taking care of our requests.
If you search for a pretty chaotic place with tons of screaming childs, dirty cups & plates at The buffet, hair on bathroom floor, this place is perfect for you! Just book it online, don't give money to local agencies which will inflate your bill !
Definitely a bad experience...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Robertomartines
Dear Mr. Robertomartines,

We are sorry to hear that you had to check out earlier from our Resort and you could not enjoy our facilities and services.

We do understand the nature of your trip on Honeymoon and that the level of privacy and quietness you were looking for could be not provided during your recent stay. True is that during high season period of August and early September is really busy, and being a family friendly hotel, during school holidays the resort is busy with children and high occupancy, although this do not deter couples to have areas of privacy such as the beach, the restaurants, the Thalasso Spa and of course the rooms.

Nevertheless we are sorry for the hair you found in the bathroom floor and that this, had such a bad impact in your perception of a dirty room. We have taken corrective measures to minimize things such as this happening again.

Once again we do apologize for the fact that your stay was not at your entire satisfaction and we hope that this will not deter your from coming back to visit us in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Staff in the hotel were really friendly and room overlooks the sea. Took the all inclusive package which includes food all round the clock, including room services. Drinks, including alcoholic ones, are also inclusive in this package within the resort, except for room service. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Mrs.Ice_z80,

It is my pride that your stay was more than satisfactory. Thank you for your compliments in regards to our resort. I and all the 500-staff really appreciate it. The all inclusive is designed to pamper our guest which I hear that it has successfully indulged you. Cannot wait to see you soon!

Wayan Karta, Food and Beverage Manager at Grand Mirage Resort and Thalasso Bali
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

NOTE: Read the "WARNING"s below, even if you skip the rest of this super-long review.
First off, we went as a bunch of friends and colleagues to see all there is to see in Bali; we didn't plan to spend much time in our rooms at all.
THE ROOM:
I shared a Garden view room with a friend, and the view was good but not great. If you're a honeymoon couple, or intend to spend a considerable time in a room with a great view, you might prefer an ocean-view room, but I don't know how good those are.
WARNING: The room was nice overall, but be warned: the bathrooms have a sliding door without a latch or lock - meaning your roommate could accidentally walk in while you're in the shower, unless you let them know in advance. There is also an almost knee-length window into the bathroom from the room, which can be opened from either side. So consider yourself warned if you're staying with a prankster - anything could happen! :P
THE BEACH:
The beach here is a private beach and at night, it is almost deserted. That's a wonderful time to just sit in the sand alone or with friends or your special someone and enjoy the sound of the waves and the wind and the starry skies.
Don't go expecting high waves - there are sandbars out there that the waves break against - so the beach here gets only small waves. Perfect for kids to play in though.
The beach is also quite shallow near the hotel, so during the day, you can wade in pretty far if you are careful enough to walk on the sand pile-ups. You can see plenty of starfish on the ocean floor once you go in about 40-50 metres (150-200 feet). The water is just about knee-high and is pretty clear, so you can actually see the starfish easily, except if they're hiding in the weeds. My friend dared to take his camera with him while wading, so he got a few pics; I didn't, because I was scared I'd drop my camera. You might want to try your luck.
THE POOL:
The pool was very good, with a shallow area where there are kids playing, and the deeper section about 7-8 feet deep. No skinny dipping allowed, and for women, no topless swimming either. There are a few standard disclaimers, like kids aren't allowed into the pool without an adult to supervise them and that the hotel isn't responsible for any mishap and so on; essentially, you're responsible for your own safety.
THE FOOD:
I don't think I'm very qualified to write much about the taste of the food here; I'm a vegetarian, and I stuck to eating bread with butter and fruits. The fruits are fresh and taste good. There seemed to be quite a variety in the breakfast buffet, but most items were non-vegetarian, and the one or two seemingly vegetarian items were too bland for my taste. If you're an Indian, don't expect anywhere near the variety that we get in India for vegetarians. There's a place "Queens of India" nearby that serves decent Indian food, with some variety for vegetarians.
LOCATION:
If you were planning to see all the sights in Indonesia, or were looking for a place that had a very active nightlife, you probably have a lot of travel in store, because most places are far from here. I'm not sure if other hotels have a better location. On the flip side, you have plenty of peace and tranquility. So it depends on what you prefer actually.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank nulla_e_reale
Dear Mrs. Nualla e-realle,

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I personally appreciate it. It is a pride for me to learn that your stay was wonderful.

Prior your next holiday to Bali, I suggest you to book directly via our website grandmirage.com where various inclusions are available such as Thalasso voucher for minimum 12 night stay with all inclusive (terms and conditions apply).

Once again, thank you very much for residing with us. I would be delighted to welcome you again

Wongan Hills, Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed for two nights at the Grand Mirage. The foyer is very large and open with a high water fall and garden in an atrium type setting. Beautiful large wooden table in the middle of the foyer cut from a tree trunk. Our room was large with a very large bed, bigger than a king size. Good size bathroom with large bath and shower area. Small balcony overlooking the front entrance area with trees and nice gardens. The pool area was very nice, big odd shaped pool catering for all people, children to adults. Sitting at a bar in the water was different. Beautiful gardens, trees and lawn areas. The large lawn area went right to the beach. Lots of deck chairs, but not enough as you had to be quick to get deck chairs. The staff will help you find chairs. There is also a very nice restaurant in this area with staff walking around taking orders for anything you wanted. We laid out here all day moving around under the shade of the trees. We were treated to a wedding on the beach. Free WiFi was a bit hit & miss but worked most of the time. The inside restaurant was ok. Busy at breakfast time and staff were kept busy with trying to keep the food up. The restaurant out near the beach was very nice. We had dinner here one night, great setting with the lawn, then the beach & water. Good meal but a bit pricy. Would recommend this resort to all families.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alcatraz59
Dear Mr. Alcatraz59,

Thank you for your feedback in tripadvisor.com. I am more than delighted to learn that your stay was wonderful. The rooms are specially designed to make you feel comfortable.

If you are planning to visit Bali again, I would recommend you to book directly via website grandmirage.com where extensive inclusions are provided, such as free airport transfer for minimum 3 night stay for all inclusive. (terms and conditions apply)

Once again, thank you very much for residing with us.
I would be more than happy to welcome you again

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 54 in Jimbaran
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,336 reviews

Been to Grand Mirage Resort? Share your experiences!