Great hotel in a lovely location - wide sweeping private beach, lowrise, nice Balinese interiors. We spent a wonderful 3 weeks here - initially we had intended to fly off to Lombok for a couple of nights incase it got a little repetitive, but we were so chilled and relaxed here there was no need! We travelled with our two children - 7 and 9 - and would thorougly recommend the Oceanview Suite. Plenty of space, beautiful decor. large balcony - we were third floor giving beautiful seaviews - high floor definitely better. My parents stayed in an Oceanview double which was perfect for 2 people, but no more. We were in the quietest area (3330) away from pool and main building and this was perfect. Food and service faultless - we went for all inc and there are enough different restaurants/themed menu evenings to mean we always ate something different - the beachside Jukung Grill was by far our favourite. The staff are all delightful without exception - always ready with a smile and an offer to help - definitely one of the property's biggest assets. A very cosmopolitan range of guests from all over the world which always adds to a great atmosphere. Pool area lovely - plenty of space and nice swim up bar. Yes it was towels at dawn, but you could always find a sunbed, there were plenty to go round. We preferred the beach location. Plenty of watersports to keep you occupied, cycle hire, pool volleyball, morning yoga etc. Our main tips as follows:-
- make sure you hire driver and guide to show you round Bali - this is an amazing island littered with beautiful temples, rice terraces etc - make sure you explore!
- we ate out at the beautiful Jimbaran Bay one evening - for the wonderful sunset and amazing fresh seafood restaurants - go to the Menega Cafe and reserve a table at the front of the shore, order some fresh fish and enjoy!
- the Rock Bar at the Ayana Hotel - one of the Top 10 stylish bars in the world - reached by a cable bar down a sheer cliff face - expensive cocktails but SO worth it
- avoid the Bali Collection - free shuttle from hotel but just an overpriced shopping destination
- do not miss Ubud
Yes, it is a long flight from the UK which was arduous, but we were so glad we made the effort. We've travelled to SE Asia many times - but first time to Bali - and this was one of our best trips. Cannot really fault the hotel, and I am fussy. We usually stay in a 5* property, and other reviewers have said this is more like a 4* - however, based on our oceanview suite, the quality of the food and hotel public areas I would give this a 4*++++ rating. I would firmly recommend it for families like us, but if my husband and I were travelling as a couple we would probably choose something more intimate. We were very, very happy here and didn't want to leave.
Any questions feel free to ask!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Bali is a 5 Star Bali Resort with a large white sandy beach right in front of the resort. With 301 rooms & suites it is set among beautifully landscaped tropical gardens. Rising like a vision from the Balinese sea, it is located on the tip of Nusa Dua beach, in the village of Tanjung Benoa, Bali’s watersport center. Prime positioned only 20 minutes from Bali airport the Grand Mirage Resort is the perfect choice for a serene getaway to the Island of the Gods.Offering an almost unlimited choice of fun, entertainment and leisure activities, the Grand Mirage Resort Thalasso Bali is synonymous with value and luxurious comfort.Grand Mirage is offering a whole new class of luxury all inclusive and room and breakfast packages. On top of it, it presents 4 world class gourmet restaurants of which one is available 24 hours, with a wide selection of food & beverage choices.Hotel guests may also enjoy the Thalasso Bali Spa and Aquamedic pool with each spa room designed with its own theme in mind, hosted by professional Spa therapists, giving the perfect relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Grand Mirage Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mirage Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Grand Mirage Resort Bali/Tanjung Benoa
- Grand Mirage Tanjungbenoa
- Grand Mirage Bali