“Grand Mirage for families”

Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed witha single girlfriend last year at Grand Mirage, Nusa Dua, and thought it would be great for my two boys. This year we stayed there and my youngest loved it most of all, out of all places.

The games room, close, private beach and really nice pool were the highlghts for him as well as the best Marguerita pizza of all Bali at the Italian restaurant there

Room Tip: We requested a room near pool and breakfast on ground floor, very convenient
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jen W
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Mr. Jen W,

Thank you for trusting Grand Mirage to be part of your family holiday. I am so honored to learn it. It is also a pride for me to hear that your youngest boy loved the place and the Margarita pizza.

For your next visit, I encourage you to book directly through our website where extensive bonuses for you and your family are provided, such as free motorized water sport for every three nights stay on all inclusive.

Once again, thank you for taking time to write a wonderful review for Grand Mirage. I am enthusiastic to welcome you again in the future!

There are newer reviews for Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed at Grand Mirage resort at Pattaya and had a great time from the time we arrived till the time we left.I loved the theme park and especially all the swimming we did.The staff were friendly and helpful no complaints at all.I liked it also because the resort is away from the city and quieter also I loved the bhat buses they make it so easy to get around in Pattaya.Will hopefully return one day

Room Tip: make sure you get a ocean facing room its a fantastic view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

First impression was 'this is going to be great' and in most ways it was. The large lagoon-style pool with swim-up bar, lovely gardens, plenty of deck-chairs scattered throughout, spacious nicely appointed room with balcony, all very impressive. Staff and service were fine, if a little indifferent. We had a couple of snacks from the bar-grill and it was delicious, but we can't see the point in restricting ourselves to the hotel menu when there are so many GREAT, inexpensive restaurants immediately outside or in short walking distance, especially for seafood. The reason for our ambivilance was 1. air conditioning in our room barely cooled the room , even when set on 5 and highest fan speed (making it very noisy when trying to sleep), we still found it very warm some nights and would wake in a sweat. In my experiance most Bali hotel rooms are very cold, the way I like it. 2. Buffet breakfast was definitely well below 4-5 star, extremely poor selection and what was available was not enjoyable. Very surprising and disappointing as the buffet is normally a highlight in Bali. Great shame as potentially could be a fantastic place to stay again but as it is we would not.

Room Tip: Ask to check the room first, see if the air con appears to be working OK. Obviuosly higher floors ha...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ms. Andrea R.,

I do apologize that for not meeting your expectations. I have noted about your concerns and shared your review with the respectable departments. Every room is actually checked before our guests check in. If there is any problem with air conditioning, our engineering team is always ready to assist our guest.
I do regret to learn that our breakfast has failed to indulge your taste buds with the taste and food variation. We have served International food for breakfast as we would like to cater guests’ needs who are from various countries.
Once again, I do apologize to disappoint you. I hope I still have another opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Grand Mirage offers the greatest service we could ever ask for. We are family of 5 with one toddler in All Inclusive package. It is worth every penny. They have plenty of food, however the food is mostly international cuisine food, and we just love the local cuisine one. But again there are plenty of variety food that we can choose from. Lots of international (different countries) food. We had spanish food with the show as well when we were there. So we could not ask for more. They have shows every tuesday and thursday which were very entertaining! All the waiter/waitress were fabulous. Very friendly and helpful. We also went to the beach massage and the balinese ladies were very pleasant! You can also order food from your room. They also refilled the beverages in your cooler everyday. Basically you will just stay there and be worry-free. Plenty of drinks and soda/waters to drink (for those of you who don't drink beer/wine). They also have kid's club which the babysitters looked very pleasant and friendly. They have shuttle to Bali collection mall which is a place with many stores that sell clothings, accessories, and sogo is also there. The all inclusive package also received some free vouchers for jetski, speedboat, massage, airport transfer etc as long as you book it through the website directly, which we did and we could save $$. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Hazeline

Dear Mr. Hazeline,

Your compliment is sincerely appreciated. Thank you very much. It is an honor for me to know that you loved our entertainment, food and staff. I have passed your thoughts to them.
I am grateful to have you as my guest. If you are designing the next visit plan, I suggest you to book directly through our website grandmirage.com where various bonuses and inclusions are provided such as free airport transfer for minimum stay 3 days with all inclusive.
Once again, thank you for residing at Grand Mirage. It would be a pleasure for me to welcome you again.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Just had an amazing week at the mirage, location was perfect...right on the beach, if you want to get away from it all this is the perfect location. The water sports just up from the resort were a really good price (Apollo) huge choice at breakfast....only negative i could say is the drinks are not the cheapest better to stock your fridge up from one of the 7eleven on the street. We had great meal at the tree just outside the resort very good prices and the bintangs were pretty cheap. ask for ocean view .

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view
Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cottiesPerth
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Mrs. CottiePerth,

Good day from Grand Mirage and Thalasso Bali,

I am more than happy to learn that your stay was more than satisfactory. I thank you for your willingness to write an honest comment on tripadvisor.com.
The drinks price might be higher than outside shop as there is a high tax implemented by government which forces us to apply a high rate.
I hope there is another opportunity for us to welcome you again.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Spent 10 days at the Grand Mirage on bed and breakfast basis..
Room was overlooking gardens - large room with 2 double beds.
Room was spotless,cleaned every day and sheets changed on request (daily if need be)
Staff were fantastic - always smiling and very helpful.
Breakfast choice was very varied and plentiful.
Large garden and large pool.
Beach was cleaned every day and plenty of sun beds and parassols on beach.
Tips:
1. For those on bed and breakfast holiday - request fridge bar be emptied ( cost expensive by Bali Standards) buy drinks across road in supermarket about a 1/3 of the cost.
2. Free bus to the Bali Collection - 10 minute drive - plenty of shops and restaurants.
3.Several restaurants nearby - tried a few - but our favourite for an evening meal was the Dunas Bonitas -turn right at hotel entrance - past massage parlour ( girls very friendly - always a hello and how are you tonight) - see blue round sign .
Only local restaurant open for lunch.
Staff very friendly ,excellent food,great atmosphere and difficult to spend 200,000 rupiahs - approx.£14 for two main courses + 2 large beers (Bintang) and including tips.
Balinese dancers or an excellent singer on alternate nights.
Mention Brian & Wendy and you make get a free Raki cocktail at end of night.
4.If you want to visit sights - cheaper to hire car and driver - We went on sightseeing trip - 7 hours - cost between 4 - £35.
5.For the ladies - turn left on beach path - amongst trees -dresses,sarongs etc. for sale - my wife bought 3 sundresses + 2 sarongs for less than £30.
So if you want a relaxing holiday living amongst local Balinese - this is the place to go.Just remember you are on holiday -enjoy .
We will be back next year.!!!

11  Thank brian331
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Coming from the cold and wind in the UK it was a pleasure to arrive in Bali at the end of April. As this was our first time in Bali we choose the All Inclusive via Virgin Holidays. The whole experience was wonderful from start to the last day. The team at the hotel made the whole holiday some thing to remember. They were attentive but not too much. They were available to help when required. The restaurants were all great all delivered what they promised.

The food was good and the drinks even better think we managed to go through the whole Cocktail list. The room was clean and tidy we opted for the Sea view and ended up on the 4th Floor. Out of the way of noise during the night and day. Suited us to a tee.

The entertainment was also very good. Normally the events are something to avoid but the events were all very good. The Panorama bar was also a way to relax after these events. We made some good friends from around the world including some from down the road in the UK.

Outside the hotel the shops restaurant looked good. Some reviews suggesting that the restaurant were good. I traveled further a field during Scuba diving trips which I booked outside of the hotel via the PADI web site prior to traveling. I did ask if the hotel provided this prior to travel but was told they didn't. This wasn't an issue as I was picked up and dropped off by the Dive school 'Bali Jet Set'.

Overall I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Didn't have many Breakfast during the holiday. Waited until Lunch time.!!! Sea View rooms wer...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaulkScotland
Juan Antonio S, General Manager at Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Mr. Paulkscotland,

Great Day from Grand Mirage Resort &Thalasso Bali!

It is a pleasure for me to learn that your stay was more than satisfactory. Thank you for giving opportunity to us to be at your service. I am really grateful to have a wonderful guest like you.
For your next visit, I suggest to book through our website grandmirage.com where you can find the best deals followed with various kinds of bonus such as motorized water sport for each three-night stay with all inclusive basis.

Once again, thank you for residing at Grand Mirage. I cannot wait to welcome you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
Melia Bali
Melia Bali
#15 of 54 in Nusa Dua
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali

Been to Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali? Share your experiences!