All reviews tao restaurant across the road water sports a pool view room games area pool bar egg station remembered our names free shuttle breakfast was included relaxing holiday beach side the general manager our honeymoon main pool welcome drink ramada
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Let me start by saying I got a deal at this hotel for about 60% off so I got great value for money. But had I paid the normal price I probably would have given it a 1 star. It’s in desperate need of a renovation . My kids found over 10 loose pool tiles in the big pool,corners of resting huts are falling apart or look rusted. The day we arrived we walked up to check out the games room and there was a huge pond with 30plus big fish and half were floating dead and the other half looked sick. When I told a staff member they didn’t seem to fazed about it. This beach resort isn’t actually located on the beach either you have to cross the road and walk over to the Tao restaurant. The beach is filled with hundreds of boats for water sports and not ideal if your looking to relax. Shuttle bus was broken so we had to take a taxi instead each time .We had a 2 bedroom cottage with pool but the fence was only waist height between villas so anyone can look over. I was laying in bed one morning and saw a gardener walk past my window to do all the plants around the villa at 7am ... but perhaps more privacy thought ( eg do this when house keeping in) so they know I’m not in my private pool half naked etc
The good stuff, most staff were polite, breakfast bar and room service food was good. The gardens are beautiful and well maintained.
Would I stay here again..... probably not . If your paying full price you may as well get a 5 star resort in Nusa Dua

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank MRS_PARKER_82
Cruiser693466, Manager at The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear MRS_PARKER_82
Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at The Tanjung Benoa.
Thank you for your lovely comments on value for money, the team, gardens and the food and beverage.
I am sorry you were unhappy with some elements of the hotel. Thank you for your advice on the pool. We have been repairing the pool tiles which is now almost complete. Also we have been adding plantations to our pond areas which were previously chlorinated and this affected the fish, we have now resolved this issue.
I am busy working with the owners on a plan to to increase the wall heights to the cottages to ensure more privacy, thank you very much for your advice on this.
Many thanks and regards
Alit RDM

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I really enjoyed my 7 night stay here the stall very pleasant and helpful the pool and outside amenities good , after reading a few bad reviews before I arrived I was a little worried . But as soon as I had been here a few days I couldn’t see what the other reviewers where making a fuss about , if you want 5” then its best to book somewhere like The Regis or W . You will defiantly have to pay more but I think I got what I payed for and more , my only gripe would be the decor needs updating and to be given a bit more love but that’s the only thing I could find wrong .

Room Tip: By the pool or over the gardens where the gardens are
Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
Cruiser693466, Manager at The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Kindernanny
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your stay at The Tanjung Benoa Resort.
I am really pleased that you enjoyed your week with us and saw great value in the product at the resort.
I will thank the team for looking after you so well. We are renovating some rooms right at the moment with 56 rooms already completed and we will continue to work on area by area to continue updating.
Once again many thanks and regards
Alit Susila - RDM

Reviewed September 13, 2018

My boyfriend and I really liked the style of the resort. The garden was just beautiful and the swimming pool was really nice. The room was quite spacious and the breakfast was delicious with many options. The staff were all very friendly and nice. Can't wait to go back to Bali and this place will be my first choice again.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Y7911CCkim
Reviewed September 11, 2018

My wife and I booked this hotel based on website photos and generally positive reviews on another site. It was supposed to be a four night stay. Check in went well but when we arrived at the room it was very dirty and run down. There were dead insects and hairs in the bed, a foul damp smell in the room and a spider infestation in the TV/fridge cabinet.

We complained to the front desk and requested the room be sprayed and cleaned. We waited for an hour and no one turned up. We used the next hour to search for another hotel on the internet and walked out of there. The manager did not want to apologise or offer any assistance.

This is a very poor hotel in sore need of major renovations and review of pratice. I cannot recommend it at all. Avoid.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Luke H

Dear Luke H
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at The Tanjung Benoa.
I am sorry that you were disappointed with many aspects of your choice of hotel early in your stay, Since you have stayed we have re-looked at your comments in particular to our response time, I am very sorry that it was poor when you arrived.
Once again thank you for your review.
Best regards
Alit Susila - Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Check in was smooth and we were showed to our room. Already I was starting to have concerns. The general outdoor areas on the hotel were shabby and unkempt. The first thing that struck me when we opened the door to our room was that it smelt heavily of damp. I tried to put the key card into the socket to make the power work but was told by the concierge there was no need as a piece of paper was shoved in there to make it work. We had a ground floor room so can imagine my concerns at patio doors that didn’t even meet at the bottom, let alone lock; an adjoining door room that didn’t lock either, and a safe that didn’t appear to work. All this coupled with dirty bed linen and a bathroom and bedroom that looked like it could do with a good clean. We put our initial reservations aside and went for a walk to the hotels private section of the beach. I think I’ve only seen as much litter on a beach on Facebook’s newsfeed! A lot of boats were moored at the waters edge so swimming in the sea would have been tricky.

We went back to our room, did some internet searching, checked out of the hotel and went elsewhere.

Would NOT recommend staying here.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear SunshineSmilesUK
Thank you for you review of your recent stay at The Tanjung Benoa.
I am sorry that you were dissapointed with your stay and we appreciate your comments. I have been working with the team to ensure better response to requests - particularly about the key card advice your received which is unacceptable. We will use your comments to improve on these areas. I have also been working with housekeeping to ensure better room cleanliness.
Once again thank you for taking the time to review us.
Best regards