All reviews tao restaurant across the road water sports a pool view room games area pool bar remembered our names egg station free shuttle breakfast was included quiet area relaxing holiday pool side our honeymoon welcome drink kuta komi
Reviewed September 11, 2018

My wife and I booked this hotel based on website photos and generally positive reviews on another site. It was supposed to be a four night stay. Check in went well but when we arrived at the room it was very dirty and run down. There were dead insects and hairs in the bed, a foul damp smell in the room and a spider infestation in the TV/fridge cabinet.

We complained to the front desk and requested the room be sprayed and cleaned. We waited for an hour and no one turned up. We used the next hour to search for another hotel on the internet and walked out of there. The manager did not want to apologise or offer any assistance.

This is a very poor hotel in sore need of major renovations and review of pratice. I cannot recommend it at all. Avoid.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Luke H
Cruiser693466, Manager at The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

Dear Luke H
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at The Tanjung Benoa.
I am sorry that you were disappointed with many aspects of your choice of hotel early in your stay, Since you have stayed we have re-looked at your comments in particular to our response time, I am very sorry that it was poor when you arrived.
Once again thank you for your review.
Alit Susila - Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Check in was smooth and we were showed to our room. Already I was starting to have concerns. The general outdoor areas on the hotel were shabby and unkempt. The first thing that struck me when we opened the door to our room was that it smelt heavily of damp. I tried to put the key card into the socket to make the power work but was told by the concierge there was no need as a piece of paper was shoved in there to make it work. We had a ground floor room so can imagine my concerns at patio doors that didn’t even meet at the bottom, let alone lock; an adjoining door room that didn’t lock either, and a safe that didn’t appear to work. All this coupled with dirty bed linen and a bathroom and bedroom that looked like it could do with a good clean. We put our initial reservations aside and went for a walk to the hotels private section of the beach. I think I’ve only seen as much litter on a beach on Facebook’s newsfeed! A lot of boats were moored at the waters edge so swimming in the sea would have been tricky.

We went back to our room, did some internet searching, checked out of the hotel and went elsewhere.

Would NOT recommend staying here.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear SunshineSmilesUK
Thank you for you review of your recent stay at The Tanjung Benoa.
I am sorry that you were dissapointed with your stay and we appreciate your comments. I have been working with the team to ensure better response to requests - particularly about the key card advice your received which is unacceptable. We will use your comments to improve on these areas. I have also been working with housekeeping to ensure better room cleanliness.
Once again thank you for taking the time to review us.
Alit Susila - RDM

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

My husband decided to surprise me for our first anniversary and booked the Tanjung Benoa beach resort. First of all do not trust the pictures. The images make the place seem so clean and beautiful when in reality it's the opposite. When we first got there it was so dark and the vibe was off. We checked in and got into our room And the room which was booked was a junior suite but let me tell you that the room was not like the pictures and to top it off the bathroom was dirty and they had broken tiles. Now if this was a 5* resort I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have the rooms in this sort of manner.
The swimming pool looks crystal blue and clean but when we got there it was like a green colour so we refused to go in.

We thought let's check the beach out instead and We got there to find out it's full of fishing boats. So we turned back. There really was not much to do at the resort.

We would love to go back to Bali but definitely not at this resort.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrsMMAM
The Tanjung Ben... R, Manager at The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Dear Mustakeema M
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Tanjung Benoa.
I am sorry that you were disappointed with many aspects of your choice of hotel early in your stay, Thank you for your advice on these conditions. At the moment we are looking at your room you stayed in and working to ensure it is perfect.
Once again many thanks,

Reviewed August 23, 2018

We stayed at the place for a day to summarize our 5 day long Bali Trip.
The Rooms are Big, neat and clean , Toilets are wonderful. Only thing - You have to keep the windows closed in case you have fear of lizards crawling around in the room.

The morning breakfast boffet service was really good. Ample of choices , eggs, meat, fruits , cereals , desserts everything...!!

If you are looking for a place where you can have fun in Sea beach water - this is not the place. The sea shore here is not fit for swimming (its just across the road ) . The beach side restaurant was superb , they had set barbeque buffet for the night we stayed . It had ample of choice full of mouth watering flavours of BBQ , the desserts were also yummy.

Highlight for us in this resort were also the POOLs and poolside bar and food service, we had super fun all afternoon. kids and adults both can enjoy the Pools ....as they are good.

I found it cost effective too . MUST TRY PLACE!!

Date of stay: June 2018
5  Thank djIndia

Dear Deepa J
Thank you so much for your beautiful review.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and our team went out of the way to look after you.
Many thanks and regards.

Reviewed August 7, 2018

We stayed at Tanjung Benoa Resort for 11 nights at the beginning of July. It was our honeymoon and we were very excited to visit Bali and this property. The reviews below already covered the main points but I would like to share our personal experience.
Arrived late, after 1am in the morning as our flight delayed. We were greated by the staff at the reception, check -in did not take much time and we were taken to our room. The bed was lovely decorated as they already knew about our special occasion. In addition to that, next morning for breakfast we were given a lovely cake with our names on it.
Overall the Tanjung Benoa Resort is a beautiful property but unfortunately, not very well mentinated. The gardens are amazing. Staff are friendly, always smiling. There are a lot of restaurants nearby, small shops where you can by water from and money changers. Hotels provides 2 small bottles of water per day and there is also infused drinkable water at the reception. You can get a free shuttle bus to Bali Collection but remember to book it in advance. A free shuttle goes to Mengiat beach too where you can hire chairs for 50 000 rupees a day. I just want to mention that Bali Collection, Nusa Dua, Nusa Dua Beach, the Water Blow and Mengiat beach a very close, in a walkable distance. I also tried the yoga classes offered by the hotel twice. I really enjoyed it.
Now I am going to list the things that we did not like at the hotel and we got a bit disappointed.
*Most of the staff did not know very well English so the communication was a bit difficult.
Room
*90% of the time we did not have hot water in our room
*The room was cleaned every day but it was not as clean as you would like. There was still dust and spiders net.
*Our bathroom was disgusting- broken and dirty tiles, had problems with the drainer. They could not resolve it so we had to keep it out of the whole.
* It was very dark in the room. The lights were not enough.

Breakfast
*Never cutlery on the tables. Every morning we had to go and get a set from the staff
* If I have to be honest the breakfast they offer can’t be breakfast offered by a 4 star hotel. Do not get me wrong. The food was delicious but same every day, not much variety and the quality for example of the juices was really poor. Even the water had strange taste. We have been to many 4* hotels and the variety and quality of the food offered by Tanjung Benoa Resort can’t even compare.

The building has potential but a lot work needs to be done in all areas!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank C495DSmaria

Dear C495DSmaria
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Tanjung Benoa.
Thank you also for recognizing our team and our gardens. We have noted your comments about our breakfast and the hotel needing a revamp. We are continuisly trying to improve breakfast and will work on improving the offerings. We have been upgrading the property and I have just completed work on most of the hotels corridors and will continue to work on the rooms.
We have also noted your comments on on the light in the room and I will work with the owners to upgrade this.
Once again thank you for your review.