My wife and I are staying here for a week now. You can tell the hotel was once a fantastic place to live in but has not been looked after. Some points to note
Location- average - its quiet around here but the beach is on the other side of the road where the hotel owns a poolside restaurant. Beach is horribly noisy and cluttered with boats so getting into the water is almost unimaginable. Most independent restaurants start at about 1.5 km away.. so biking is a better option if you are not a walker. Dining options are also available at hotels next door.
Hotel infrastructure- good- nice set up..nice pool.. games section.. spacious rooms, 3 restaurant's. It was probably one of the better places to stay in its heyday
Hotel maintenance - poor - very badly maintained hotel. The staff try hard but am sure its not backed well enough by management as its quite obvious. Broken, chipped, dull, discoloured tiles and walls. Swimming pool tiles are out in a large section and has been untouched for a while. Air conditioning did not work well. The central AC did not cool nor were the inroom controls working. They shifted us to the adjacent room when its was better but not good enough.. we managed cos we didn't want to change rooms everyday. We still woke up in the night feeling the heat. WIFI was very weak and required multiple complaints to be fixed.
Staff - very kind - Nice set of personnel who want to do a lot to keep you comfortable but the hotel policies and procedures are quite rigid.. so doesn't allow flexibility. I had ordered a drink at the pool and asked for it to be billed to my room which the bartender agreed to. Later at 2315 at night I get a call saying I had to settle it as I did not have a deposit. Thats not a time to wake a guest.
Food - Good - there is nothing exceptional about the food at the hotel.. regular stuff. Its decently priced but there are better dining options around. Try the Whacko beach club opposite to the hotel.. food was yum. The sports bar and grill is a good option for drinks. Breakfast at the hotel is a good spread with breads.. eggs.. fruits.. cereals..local stuff etc.
Overall verdict - I would not recommend it. I would suggest you try another place even if you got this one cheaper by 30-40%. We paid about $100 a night. Its just a lot of adjusting that you have to make and its not something you want to do on a holiday.
I didn't try the Spa.. but after the sub standard experience over all I did not want to.
Ask me if you need more info .. happy to help
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort - Bali is located at the tip of the Tanjung Benoa peninsula, which is a haven for watersports such as parasailing and snorkeling. The hotel is a 10-minute drive from Nusa Dua and a 40-minutes drive from the airport via the Bali Mandara Toll Road. The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort - Bali offers 185 rooms, including one- and two-bedroom villas, as well as generously-sized Deluxe rooms with balconies that provide views of manicured gardens and the hotel's two outdoor swimming pools. Other facilities and amenities include outdoor Jacuzzi, a children's playground and Amadapa Spa, which offers aromatherapy treatments using traditional ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Resort Benoa Bali Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Ramada Benoa Bali
- Ramada Nusa Dua
- Nusa Dua Ramada
- The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali