Well to start with I am a travel agent. I decided to go to this hotel after our supplier gave a raving review of this hotel and the fact that it is suppose to be a 4 star hotel.
I stay in all star rated hotels. Now this hotel in the future may make it to a 4 star if they do better at cleaning and finish with the complete overhaul of this hotel.
When I booked this hotel it was before I was told of renovations. Now I have been to hotels where there have been renovations going on and it never has bothered me but this was not renovations it was a total gutting of the rooms. You had dust from sanding, paint fumes, tar and pest fumigation smoke.
The lounge you didn't want to sit on the chairs as they had not been cleaned for awhile.
Our room was full of ants and other flying insects. They came and sprayed once because it was so bad. I have never had so many bug bits it is a good thing I brought number 30 deet with me. I even had to pick up a dead cockroach and my husband saw another one go down the drain.
I never saw them moping with any type of bleach or some other type of disinfectant cleaner like they do in other humid countries.
The towels where grey and old and so was the bedding. I am hoping that it will be replaced when the upgrade is finished.
The reno's meant there was no tennis court, no SPA, no exercise room and the pools by the end of our 12 day stay where starting to turn green. It seems that they don't very good pool maintanance going on.
Beach this hotel does not have a beach that you can swim in. I did see some little kids with their parents go down to the roped off swimming area. While I sat there I saw jet boaters go through this area. This beach has boats tied up as well as is used for jet boaters, ferrying people and other water sports. If you just want to tan and read a book there is loungers that you can use. I advise you to watch using the lounges around the pool because the ants find their way up onto them and they can bite. We tried eating at the restaurant outside at the Taos which is a great restaurant with great food but my husband was attacked by ants so we went inside.
Now for the positives of this hotel the staff is fabulous. They try their best to help out. The hotel pool staff are great and always greet you and are ready to get you a clean towel with a smile or a drink.
The WIFI worked well and there is a business center in the lobby.
The location is great as their is some great restaurants in the area as well as places to get messages.
The hotel offers a shuttle to Greger beach which is a great beach to swim and relax on but it is a shuttle service and you have to book it the day before and be ready to go by 9:30 am. You have to pay to have a lounge chair, although the cost is not that much it does add up over time and you don't have your hotel close to get something if you forgot it. I don't like carry cash on me when I go to the beach but if you want to eat and have a lounge chair you need to take cash with you.
The beach food and drink at the beach was good and if you want a massage you can get one for a very cheap price.
There is another beach you can go to but I did not see any lounge chairs around. You can take the free Bali Collection bus that come every hour. Bali Collection is an outdoor mall that offers a variety of everything. Once you get to the Collection just go towards the beach and you can lay your towel down and swim in a very calm little bay.
As for recommending this hotel to my clients at the moment I won't. I will be suggesting Bali Tropical, Mirage, Melia, Aston or Novatel. They are four stars with beaches and are not going through reno's. The Melia and Tropical are both All-Inclusives. I got reviews from the Tropical from people that stayed their. They said that their food, service, beach, and room where great and they loved their gardens. They had no bugs!!!
I want to also recommend some restaurants that are worth a visit.
1. Meads an Aussi restaurant with excellent food and moderate pricing.
2. Taos an Aisian restaurant located across the street from Ramada and part of the hotel so you can charge to your room. Pricing a little more expensive.
3. Neyan a Balinese restaurant just down the street on the right side just down and across from Novatel Hotel. The best for last and great prices with entertainment. A great atmosphere loved this restaurant.
4. Breakfast at the hotel was great and it comes with your room. The only problem is if there are large groups of people smoking you may have to deal with the smoke. I had to hope their was no large smoking group as I am allergic to cigarette smoke.
The tours that I was on where exceptional and my husband and I got a lot out of them. We both fell in love with the people and the island of Bali.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort - Bali is located at the tip of the Tanjung Benoa peninsula, which is a haven for watersports such as parasailing and snorkeling. The hotel is a 10-minute drive from Nusa Dua and a 40-minutes drive from the airport via the Bali Mandara Toll Road. The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort - Bali offers 185 rooms, including one- and two-bedroom villas, as well as generously-sized Deluxe rooms with balconies that provide views of manicured gardens and the hotel's two outdoor swimming pools. Other facilities and amenities include outdoor Jacuzzi, a children's playground and Amadapa Spa, which offers aromatherapy treatments using traditional ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Travelocity, ACCOR and Priceline so you can book your The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort - Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Resort Benoa Bali Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Ramada Benoa Bali
- Ramada Nusa Dua
- Nusa Dua Ramada
- The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort - Bali