“Happy to be there”

Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Tongeren, Belgium
“Happy to be there”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Look is perfect, gardens are nicely integrated in the resort. Service friendly, super .
The only disadvantage is the current renovations ongoing. Needed, yes, an update is welcome of the rooms. Disturbing, no only at the back using the pool. Plan according to the input we got till end of 2014. But do not hold back, the pool at the beach is nice too and no works ongoing there.
Restaurant is good, but price is too high. Better take your dinner in a restaurant down the street. Take a look at Cardamon. Breakfast is good, tables could be cleaner after use.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not too close to the ongoing constructions.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RamadaBenoa, General Manager at The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Rudi1963,

Thank you for sharing your very helpful comments about our property. We are indeed completing a much needed update of our property, but plan to be finished by June 2013, and our main pool in the next few weeks. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, but do appreciate your patience while we finish this project.

On a last note, I have passed your comment regarding our restaurant and breakfast to our F & B Manager who will make sure that our team always presents a dining room that is up to the standards we set for ourselves.

Desmond Rozario

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
jakarta
Reviewed December 18, 2012

i went to this hotel on last february 2012 - during Nyepi festive. I was arrived a bit late around 1 AM in the morning, because my flight delayed. but the receptionist welcomed us so friendly, and gave us fresh welcome drink.
The breakfast was superb, friendly staffs, and they always smile to the guests. They also provided a bus services to Kuta town.
The location was good, they have thier own separete place that view the ocean, just across from the main building. The room was spacious, and they gave fresh fruit everyday.
I recommend this hotel to all people who looks for a great relaxing vacation..i definitely go back again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear tae_vip,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience, even after such a long time since your visit. It may just be time for your next holiday already! J

Safe travels!

New Delhi, India
Reviewed December 14, 2012

i stayed in this hotel 3 months ago.. it was my first ever trip to bali.. my stay was for 2nights and 3 days.. it was wonderful, staff was very friendly.. rooms were designed very well.. nothing went wrong during the trip.. staff could easily understand what i wanted to communicate. I Am culinary student, after my dinner at 10.30 i told the chef that i wanted to see the kitchen.. then he took me to a round.. swimming pool was good.. i enjoyed...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear ManikSingh,

Your kind comments are much appreciated and I am happy to hear that our team took great care of you.

Good luck with your studies and I hope to see you again very soon!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 26, 2012

When visiting Bali I usually try to stay in the ramada at tanjung benoa for a couple of days. Last week I was there for the 6th time already. Unfortunately, things were not as blissful as the previous times. It was difficult to communicate and to get across what our wishes were. As a result there were some miscommunications regarding the date of our arrival and the transfer. Also we were put in a room that seemed quite outdated. That however was not so bad, but the place was also taken over by lots of mosquitos. And by lots I mean really lots. The place was infested by it, so you had to be covered in heavy mosquito repellent with 95% Deet and even then you had to be really careful. Sitting outside was not really possible. Spraying the room did not really help.
Despite the zzzzzzproblems, the staff was wonderful as ever. They really are the kindest people who make you feel welcome and at home. Everyone, from the guy who brings you to your room, the people from reception, poolbar, housecleaning to restaurant is really great in providing balinese hospitality. It is always good to see the smiling Nyoman at breakfast. She is a sight for sore eyes and even remembers your name.

There is a big renovation going on in the poolview area, so they are obviously investing in the place and working on maintaining a high standard. The whole area however seems to be overdeveloping, lots of building going on but also lots of empty restaurants and beach bars. Hopefully, the ramada can maintain its natural charm and can also have some influence in what's going on in the area. It would be a big pity if all the greenery is destroyed while the tourists stay away and go to less overdeveloped areas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Andrew G, General Manager at The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear E V,

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as blissful as it usually is. We are currently streamlining our reservations process so that your next booking goes as smoothly as it should, but I am also glad to hear that our team lived up to your expectations.

With rainy season, we unfortunately have to deal with more mosquitoes. For that reason, we have recently doubled our fogging efforts to counter the rainy season effects.

We are indeed updating our guest facilities since many years of faithful service to Bali visitors has started to show. Rest assured that we will keep our Balinese charm and hospitality the same as it ever was!

I do hope that you will visit us again once these improvements have been finished as I am sure that you will once again fall in love with our resort and its team.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I and my wife stayed at Ramada for 3 nights. The hotel is conveniently located across the beach providing easy access to water sport activities. The staff were really courteous and always ready to help with a smile. I had chosen a garden view room. Having stayed in one of the Ramada hotels before, I must admit that I was a bit disappointed about the ambience. There was some renovation taking place. The bathroom looked a bit worn out and in need of a make over. There was no health faucet which was a bit inconvenient. The lighting in the room needs to improve. The garden requires some maintenance. Considering that Ramada is an international hotel chain, I expected a lot more international tv channels.
The food was pretty decent. Buffet breakfast had a fair amount of choices. However the room service menu especially the desserts need some more additions. Taste was average. The Tao restaurant across the road and operated by Ramada served pretty good food and had a nice ambience.
Overall had a pleasant stay though with a few irritants. Good job by the staff....

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank deepinthought1404
Andrew G, General Manager at The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear deepinthought1404,

Thank you so much for sharing your very constructive comments about our resort. I am happy to say that we are currently upgrading our property, and we are convinced that the results will be much more in line with our Brand’s standards and the warmth of our team.

I hope that we will have a chance to show you our improvements on a next visit.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am the repeater of Bali and always end up in Tg Benoa area for a peaceful atomosphere. I booked Ramada hotel through online taking up very good deal.
I arrived there a few hour earlier than check in time, but the staff was efficient enough to alocate the room in 15 mins. They also provided me with Wifi password so that I would not be bored while waiting for the room to be ready.
The hotel itself is not very new, but the room and facilities are clean and well maintained. (I noticed the crack in the bathroom window and some old rusty spots in the mirror, but it was not that bad. Hope they will repair soon for other guests.) Somehow, I did not see much people in nice garden swiming pool in the garden, so it was perfect for me to relax by the pool side.

The breakfast was served in the terrace restaurant and they had decent selection of the food, but you may feel bored if you stay there for a week. I had a lunch and a dinner, too. The food quality was not bad for a lunch and a dinner.

A couple of things I was not happy about are; "Noise". The wall is thin enough and you can hear guests chatting, coughing, carrying the luggages and walking by the corridor, One morning, some guests were talking laud in the corridor and I woke up! I saw the memo posted on the wall in the public area in Chinese, "Please do not make noise for other guests to rest." Obviously, this memo did not work for these people. TV reception was also poor for certain channels. (Ahhh. I was unable to watch my favorite RCTI!!!)
As for the location, it is almost at the end of Benoa area. If you are the first timer or looking for night life, avoid this hotel. If you need a reasonable resort hotel to rest, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Pick the garden view room and request for the room closer to the end. (Closer to the pool and the sp...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank ManngaDua
Dear ManngaDua,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our property. I am happy to say that we are currently modernizing our resort and rooms for the comfort of our guests. I do hope that we will have a chance to show you our improvements on a next visit.

Bilbao, Spain
Reviewed October 20, 2012

It is a truly nice hotel. It is located in a huge garden with lush tropical plants. There are fantastic swimming pools on the premises of the hotel as well as a lagoon by the beach. The ocean can be tricky with the low tide – there’s basically no way you can swim then. On the other hand, there are shuttle buses available to beautiful beaches in Kuta and Geger.
My room was well equipped, with air conditioning, mini-bar and cleaned daily.
I enjoyed the food very much, especially the fruit. The hotel restaurant is cheap and nice.
The staff was impeccably trained – friendly and professional.
I can genuinely recommend the SPA.
If you’re a shopaholic, you might find your bliss in Bali Collection mall.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank trvlgrll
Andrew G, General Manager at The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear linakje,

I am very pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that our team was able to show you what Balinese hospitality is all about :)

We hope to see you again in Bali very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International
Melia Bali Indonesia
Melia Bali Indonesia
#15 of 54 in Nusa Dua

Been to The Tanjung Benoa Beach Resort Bali? Share your experiences!