Like other reviewers we checked in with the 8 night Romance Package from Deals. A few minor issues with the check-in and we got to the room. The room was clean and tidy... but, a bit old (but hey it is a beach resort... who stays in their room??).
Used our vouchers on the massages (4 each, 8 in total) and loved every minute of them... nothing to fault although you may want to check what massage is what as some are harder than others and if you are a lightweight on the massage table you may be in for an unpleasant experience.
Big questions as to why the World Cup Final was blocked on the Hotel TV's, reception said it wasn't being broadcast... BUT, I went across the road and sat out the front of the nearest MiniMart with 7 fantastic locals who had a TV set up on a shopping basket wedged in place with a thong and a dodgy antenna... free to air, they gave me the royal treatment with the best seat and great conversation about the game, I shouted them a couple of beers each and we all had a fantastic time, apparently the so called 4 Star Grand Aston wasn't prepared to foot the public screening fee (required by hotels as it is considered a public broadcast)... poor form for a 4 star IMHO!
Tried all of the restaurants using the included vouchers and was glad I wasn't paying for the privilege, they weren't bad - the food was OK and the staff were friendly and attentive... BUT, given the plethora of fantastic restaurants in and around the area that served incredible food at very reasonable prices I personally wouldn't bother, try the Coco Bistro directly across the road or better yet Bumbu (2) to the right and just up the road.
On the whole we really enjoyed our stay and the staff were friendly and attentive, we had a great time and made full use of the shuttle service into Kuta (be on time for the return trip... they can't and don't wait for stragglers). You can do a lot worse than the Grand Aston and for the money you probably won't do a lot better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort This beachfront spa resort is an ideal retreat to escape, unwind and enjoy peace of mind. The resort's spacious and luxurious, 187 rooms and suites are decorated in a Balinese contemporary style and fully-equipped with modern amenities for uncompromising comfort. The hotel located only 20 minutes away from the airport.The property has four versatile restaurants and three bars serving Western, Asian, Italian and Balinese cuisine to ensure epicurean enjoyment for everyone. The resort features an impressive lagoon pool with a swim-up bar. A large range of water sports activities are accessible right on the private beach. At the Biwana Spa, skilled therapists are poised to restore harmony to the body and soul with a tempting array of massages, rejuvenation treatments and yoga classes. Celebrate a memorable customized wedding ceremony, experience romantic private beach dinners and enjoy the ultimate in indulgence and heartfelt service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Bali Beach Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Aston Bali Beach Resort And Spa
- Aston Nusa Dua
- Aston Bali Hotel
- Nusa Dua Aston
- Bali Aston Resort
- Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort Tanjung Benoa