“over and over come back here”

Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Reviewed January 7, 2013

that was our fourth time stayed at Aston Tanjung Benoa, I dunno what the cause that we over and over for come back here. Maybe is just love at the first sign, we stayed at Tanjung benoa for the first time is Aston hotels :D

The room was great, with floral sofa. Bath room with huge bathup. Everything is perfect.

The pool and the beach, or bale bale for take a nap. And they have a full facility of gym, the sauna and SPA was great either. Water sport just beachfront.

I really really recommended for this hotel.

Room Tip: second floor was great to choose
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sugiphang
AstonBaliPRManager, GM Secretary at Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Mr. Sugiphang,

Thank you for recommending our hotel!
Having a loyal guest for you is a great support for us.
Our room is designed with the mixture of Balinese and modern touch which we hope could perform the beauty and the peace atmosphere of Bali

See you on your fifth stay!

GM Secretary

Write a ReviewReviews (1,831)

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We booked the Aston Bali for 11 nights over Christmas for the first part of our honeymoon. Upon arrival we were impressed by the welcome we received by the staff, which is exactly what you need after a long flight. The room had a huge comfy bed, a bath and shower big enough for two, and a wonderful balcony with a pool and ocean view.

We spent the first few days relaxing by the pool, but as we are not ones for sitting around getting a sun tan, we soon got bored of this and we're glad that we had booked a few excursions with our rep, which we would highly recommend for seeing the sights of Bali.

The only time we ate at the hotel (except for breakfast) was on Christmas day, when we booked a four course meal at Bali Luna, which unfortunately was not the best meal we had in Bali. As we were not on the all inclusive package we found it was much cheaper to eat at the restaurants outside the hotel. Laguna Garden was our favourite!

The free shuttle service was a plus if you want to get out and about, and the staff were very helpful if you wanted to book a romantic meal at jimbaran beach to watch the sunset. We noticed there was building work going on but it wasn't noisy, and the management kept the guests informed with any updates to the work. Also we had a very noisy air-conditioning system, but within 10 minutes of calling guest relations, someone was there to look at it.

Overall we had a great time at this hotel, and would consider returning in the future.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fiona G
AstonBaliPRManager, GM Secretary at Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear FIona G,

We do feel delighted that you are happy with how our staffs serve you and our facilities.
Our new restaurant which was renovated when you stayed here is almost done now and It would be open this month. I hope next time you could enjoy having breakfast there.
We have noted your concern about food. Thank you for your feedback. See you soon!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have travelled to Bali many times and have stayed in a number of hotels with my family and friends. This has to be the worst hotel we have ever had the misfortune of staying in and if we could we would have checked out on our first nite. We travelled to Bali with a group of 12 - 8 adults and 4 children. The rooms were old and not set up for us correctly when we arrived at 8 in the evening. The room was tiny and only catered for two people and not three in our case. When eventually we were moved to a larger room the housekeeping left a lot to be desired so did the fact that the toilet kept blocking up! We were informed that we must attend the New Years Gala - it was compulsory! At $175 and $150 for a child we expected a very high standard of service as this is a high price to pay even by Australian standards. We then discovered that this cost only included your meal -not beer, wine or soft drinks with is an industry standard when putting on an event like this. When we asked to speak to the manger which took a whole day....we were told not only was this correct but we could not get our money back! Also we then discovered that this was a black tie event! WHO going to Bali is going to bring a suit to wear in humidity of 80%. The night was disastrous - no fireworks a band that could not sing in English and no air conditioning. It was that boring that people actually left before 12. There were other things like the towels smelling badly and the restaurant getting orders wrong – a waiter even admitting that our food had been heated up in the microwave!
Overall I would advise anyone looking at this hotel to look elsewhere

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Mia R
AstonBaliPRManager, General Manager at Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Mia R,

Thank you for your comments. On the New Years Eve Gala Dinner I recall speaking with some members of your party with regard to this. All our Travel Agent partners are well aware of this being compulsory as it has been for many, many years, and are well used to selling it as such. Indeed I was able to contact the agent who booked one of your parties rooms who confirmed it had been sold to them as compulsory, and for the dinner only, not including any drinks. I was also able to show the members of your party that wished to speak to me about this, a comparison of several hotels in Benoa and Nusa Dua, showing our rates for this dinner to be amongst the lowest, and that none of these hotels were including beverages with the exception of a welcome cocktail, as were we. Nowhere do we advertise or sell this event as including anything else than dinner.

I must admit that everyone I spoke to, both during and after the event, including other members of your party, have said how much they enjoyed the event, I am sorry to hear now that you do not share that sentiment and hope that it did not detract too much from the overall enjoyment of your holiday.

Ian Cameron,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at the Aston Bali in march 2012. I booked a standard room and even though Bali is usually humid, I have stayed at 5 resorts in Bali and this is the only one where the rooms were musty and humid. I have been told that the superior rooms (with sea view) don't have this problem. That being said, it is a beautiful resort. The breakfast area is particularly pleasant, it is open on a beautiful view of the pool and the sea.

the pool is beautiful and big with waterfalls. a nice beach seperates the pool and the sea. the water is very nice and chairs are available for sunbathing.

The food was very good but you can also try local food, quite a few restaurants right outside the hotel. my advice, if you go to Bali, try the local food, they have delicious dishes, but I have tried eating at an Italian restaurant and was very dissapointed. But the local food is so good, no need to eat international.

Overall this is a very good resort, but for the price difference (I think was about 15 $/20 $ per night) if I were to return, i would upgrade to oceaview room.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Dear CanadaWorld Traveller,

Thank you for letting us to be a part of your holiday.
We are contented that you are pleased with our rooms.
Sorry you did not enjoy your meal in Giorgios. If you can let us here more specific details, we will be happy to look into those.

We are waiting for you for the next holiday,

Ian Cameron

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have been frequent guests of the Aston however after our most recent trip last January we will not be returning. The ceiling on the fourth floor, located near the elevators, collapsed due to heavy rain and hit my wife on her already injured foot. She was terrified and in pain. We had to rebook our flights and return home early. We had to send the kids home the day before we returned. it was alot of mucking around. The total cost was around $800 including flight changes and the lost room charges. Staff at the front desk ensured us we would be reimbursed. That was nearly 12 months ago. Still waiting for the refund.
We also found the benoa area very very congested and busy. Spent a lot of time sitting in traffic. There is only one road in and out. It was all quite disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Cate B
AstonBaliPRManager, GM Secretary at Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Hi Andry W.,

Greetings from Nusa Dua Peninsula!
We have noted your concern regarding towels. Now, our towels are changed into the new one, so the smell is better.
We have spoken to the staffs about your concerned. We hope we can throw you a better holiday next time..
See you...

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed in Aston benoa twice. And it was superb.
The service was great, the staff was nice and the foods is good. The first time I traveled with a friend and we enjoy the service as well. The second visit, i travel as a solo and had a great experience stay in this resort. I asked to change the room because at the moment i stayed there's building construction project on going and it was so noise. They looked and changed to room for me immediately.
The pool is too crowd in the afternoon. This resort has private beach where you can stay there for the whole day without any disturbance from the outside. Have to purchase a voucher to use room internet service, otherwise you have to go to the lobby or Samudra Lounge to use the free ones.
The Spa was standard but good service.
There's a shuttle service from the hotel to Bali Collection and Kuta. For Kuta destination, have to book one day earlier because the seat's limited.
I had a bad experience at the second time I stayed in this resort. There's a horrible "accident" in the morning on the last day of my stay. There's a staff entered my room without knocking my door first. He just entered my room. At the moment i was still sleeping and suddenly woke up because I know there's a stranger inside my room. He said that he wanted to check the mini bar. Then he just left my room WITHOUT apologized! Hey, i still haven't checked out yet! That's not polite!
I like to stay in this resort but this time, after that happened, i just feel so disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank MsFieHan

Dear MsFiehan,

Many thanks, glad you enjoy our service. We do appreciate it.
We have spoken with the minibar attendant who remember this incident and is certain that he knocked twice before entering. It may be, as you say you were asleep, that this was not loud enough to waken you.
My apologies if on seeing you waken, he quickly left the room without apologising first

We hope we could see you on your next time

Ian Cameron

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed at the Aston for our honeymoon, couldn't have asked for anything more. Fantastic rooms, friendly staff and the pool and nearby activities are all amazing. Not to mention the food (Especially breakfast, this was a daily highlight). Absolutely recommend.

Room Tip: Not worth paying the extra for a honeymoon suite as the rooftop spa isn't heated, we never used...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris M

Dear Chris M.,
Knowing that we successfully pampered you with our rooms and food is a great pleasure for us.
Our friendly staffs are always ready to assist you on your next visit. Please do not hesitate to contact us when you are planning to go to Bali. We cannot wait to be a part of your holiday again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
AYANA Resort and Spa Bali
Novotel Bali Benoa
Novotel Bali Benoa
#6 of 26 in Tanjung Benoa

Been to Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort? Share your experiences!