“HONEYMOON Paradise!!”

Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Reviewed March 12, 2012

The hotel was amazing!!!
Restaurants are very nice and offers dancing performances almost every 2nights but pricewise, you can find a little cheaper just across the street if you are on a budget.
We had a room with balcony which was offering garden, pool and ocean view it was enough for our honeymoon.
The rooms have buttons that either ask for privacy or cleaning of the room, even if it's 4pm you can get the room cleaned :)
Bathroom had separate sowher/bath thub and spacious.
The pool was kept clean every day and always great to be in. The pool bar is great, you get to talk to other couples/families around great cocktails or normal drinks in the water.
The hotel offers different activities like ping pong/pool... my husband and I felt like teenagers again :)
The spa is unbelievable! great staff, very professional and nice. massage were double the price of the one's across the street but the setting is worth everything :) If in a couple, you and partner can get massaged in the same room.
The breakfast buffet was very nice, with a variety of choices. A chef cooks your eggs the way you want (poached, scrambles, omellette...)
In general, the hotel was always kept clean, security is doing rounds 24/7 and the staff were always very friendly where even the cleaners say 'Hello" with a massive smile on their face.
I will definitely go back.

Room Tip: all rooms are good get one with a balcony like garden or ocean view
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Laetitiaktz
AstonBaliGM, General Manager at Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Dear Laetitiaktz

Congratulations on your honeymoon here at the Aston. We are very proud to have been a small part of this happy time. Thank you for your review and wonderful comments. I am so glad you took the time to pamper yourself in our Biwana Spa. Yes, for an intimate, luxurious and hygienically clean environment, you can't beat our Spa. Did you try our famous Bali Coffee ritual? People tell me they still feel the nourishing benefits of the banana leaf cocoon wrap for days after.

Let's plan to meet again next year for your anniversary!

Robert

Write a ReviewReviews (1,817)

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Visited Bali in February, hotel location is quite far from the action and the nightlife. This hotel has large rooms and great amenities. Very nice pool and the beach is far more better than those in Kuta area. The beach area is not crowded yet you still have all the activitiessuch as banana boat, jetski etc. The hotel has good restaurants to choose fromincluding one italian restaurant Giorgio. Nightlife in this area is not too funant not so many choices.... you have to travel to kuta area for those fun.
Basic relaxation and vacation is a-ok with this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank nielskier

Dear nielskier

Thank for your lovely review. I am glad you had a great stay and found this part of Bali to be a relaxing place. We are only 30 mins from the airport and the same from Kuta area, so our guests can enjoy the peace of our private beach, fantastic spa and the activities and choice of dining options in this area, or it is only a short trip away with our free shuttle to visit and enjoy the hustle and bustle of Kuta area. Truely the best of both worlds! That is why our guests keep coming back time after time. Glad to have been of service to you and we do hope to see you again soon at the Aston.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We are 7 nights into our 9 night stay and have thoroughly enjoyed it all so far. The staff are fantastic, very friendly and very accomodating. We upgraded to an ocean view suite, and while it is sparsely furnished, the extra bathroom was much appreciated whilst I had a dose of the almost inevitable bali belly!
The hotel Spa, Biwana, is delightful, and although more expensive than on the street, it is pristine, quiet and everything is just a bit more special. Well worth a visit, even if just as a treat.
There are many small bars and restaurants along the main street offering good cheap food of quite good quality and cheap and cold beer if you want to get away from the hotel.The service in all but one place, "The Tree" has been marvellous.
I'd recommend this hotel - for the friendly service and the wonderful spa if nothing else. Wish we could stay longer!!

Room Tip: away from the pool area is quieter, and perhaps not too close to the Luna cafe as it can be noisy
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LeeEsperance
AstonBaliGM, General Manager at Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Dear LeeEsperance

Great, interesting review.. thank you for your time. The Biwana Spa is lovely of course. A wonderful sanctuary from the world outside. Glad you had time to pamper yourself. I am sure you noticed the high standard of hygiene also compared to the street side massage shops. It is always nice at the hotel spa not to have the surprise of second hand sheets to lie down on as you often find outside on the many massage places on the road. Seems your 9 days went by all too fast. I do hope you visit with us again soon.

robert

Reviewed March 2, 2012

I visited Bali in January 2012 with my 11 year old son and my mother. First tip for the tourists - dont visit Bali in that period because of the lot of rainy days. Still this will not affect the feelings you will get about this magical country and its beutifull and kind people. The hotel is quite OK, nice and clean, staff is nice and rooms are spacious, well decorated and clean. Nothing to fancy and special but still nice. 8 years ago I was in Melia Bali which is more expensive and luxurious. Breakfast is a buffet type, good and enough to choose from. Regarding lunch and dinner the situation is not so good. We usually had our lunches in a restourant by the pool which is nice only the choice of food is limited and the prices are high. This is to be expected from the restaurant inside the hotel so it is better to go outside of the hotel and immediatelly across the street you will find restaurant with live music and at least 30% less prices. If you go further you will find very cheap local resturants too.
In the hotel there is a Spa and a small gym. For massage go out on the town it is much more cheaper. Every evening there is some entertainment and there is some animation during the day by the pool. Beach was not so nice at that time of the year, lot of floating grass, wood etc...
We booked 3 tours and we saw a lot of Bali.We visited a lot of temples, vulcano, wood carving places and stone carving village, art gallery where we bough some paintings and beautifull restaurants ovelooking the rice fields which is really a wonderfull experience. Everywhere people are very nice and gentle. Bali is peacefull and a safe place for tourists so no worries.
We also visited a place where they grow different spices and where they produce Luwak coffee - this is the coffee which was first digested by a small animal and then proccessed. They say it is the best and most expensive coffee in the world.
We had a chance to witness a Barong and Kriss dance which is a traditional dance in Bali representing eternal fight between good and evil.
If you are interested in a night life such as coctail bars and discoes go to Kuta which is 30 minute drive from Nussa Dua where the hotel is located. Taxi is cheap, around 10 USD.
Anyway, when in Bali dont stick to the restort or hotel, go to see the people, eat and drink what they do and try to suck up the atmospheren and enjoy. This is my second trip to Bali and it will allways remain in my heart.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Aro8

Dear Aro8

We are happy to have been of service to you and your son and mother. You have described so many things that you enjoyed about Bali as a destination. It seems you really found many places or beauty and were impressed by the culture here. That is important and why travel is so good for us. Thank you for your impressions and thoughts about Bali.

robert

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I went to Bali to enjoy a short break with my daughter after a very hectic few months. This resort was exactly what we wanted - quiet, great rooms, beautiful pool, yummy food, friendly service. Up until the last day of my trip it was just about perfect.

During the final night of my stay (my daughter had gone home one day earlier) someone broke into my room whilst I was asleep and stole all my money. Can only assume access was via the balcony as the balcony door was extremely difficult to lock. The Customer Relations staff did their best to assist me & check out my claims, but as I had also been overcharged on my bill at checkout, I ran out of time & had to get to airport. The resort did respond very quickly by email to say they had investigated but couldn't help. Was a pretty scary experience to know someone had been in my room whilst I was asleep & alone, but I guess it is Bali & stuff happens. I had only taken the money out of the safe that night as I was checking out in the morning, so had to wonder if someone was watching me!!!!!

Would I recommend the Aston after this experience - I would say yes, but I would not recommend a ground floor room or room where there is easy access to the balcony area (I was on the 4th floor - room 450).

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room where is easy access via the balcony
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Aussiegirl04

Dear Aussiegirl04

Thank you for your review and thoughts about Bali and the Aston. I am happy to hear you really enjoyed your stay with us in so many ways. Of course I was saddened to hear of your disappointing incident prior to leaving. Since your report we have certainly checked all balcony doors to be sure all are working properly so that our guests can feel secure. We did not find any problem with your door lock but perhaps we must all be careful wherever we are in securing our environment, both staff and guests. Our security personal also make scheduled and random patrols around the property so keep everyone safe day and night. It is naturally important that we all do our part. We do feel great concern that this spoiled an otherwise wonderful break for you.

regards from Bali

Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband, daughters aged 18 and 20 and I have just spent 10 wonderful days at the Aston Benoa, Bali. We found the rooms large, clean and comfortable. Breakfast included every day was of a huge range that changed daily. Our girls used the gym every morning before breakfast. The pool is absolutely the best. The staff are unobtrusive, courteous and very helpful. Customer relations desk helped us in arranging a tour guide and rang nearby restaurants for us, so we could be picked up.
Staff in the restaurant were great esp. Suryani (great self of humour and smile) to greet us in the morning, Dariani (best masseuse) and Lukman (customer relations) excellent English, smile and extremely helpful.
Only negative is we had to buy water every day because only 2 small bottles given out daily, which wasn't enough if you wanted coffee/tea in your room, brush teeth etc.
We will definately recommend this hotel and be staying again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank dreamer017

Dear dreamer017

We are happy to hear that the 4 of you so much enjoyed your stay with us. You loved the breakfast, spa and overall had a great stay.. That is wonderful. I am always so proud to hear guests talk about staff by name that have taken good care of you. Staff are our best asset for sure.

thanks and best regards

Reviewed February 28, 2012

We stayed at Aston Bali Hotel last year. They have a fantastic beach with more than enough loungers and umbrellas. The pool and swim-up bar is also lovely. Staff very attentive and friendly. Breakfast was lovely with the normal spread and then also some of their LOCAL dishes. We also made use of the SPA and that was lovely and professional. We had a bit of a problem in our room with the bath not draining properly, but that was sorted out the minute we reported it. Taking the spa, the beach, the pool, the service and the food in consideration, this was one of my favourite hotels in all our travels and we will go back if we ever visit Bali again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Salome P

Dear Salome P

warm greetings to you in Port Elizabeth. One of our many friends in South Africa. Thank you for your review on last year. This year we have several great upgrades on the way to brighten and freshen up the resort. I do hope you get a chance to visit us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
Novotel Bali Benoa
Novotel Bali Benoa
#6 of 27 in Tanjung Benoa
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali

Been to Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort? Share your experiences!