“Brilliant holiday and resort”

Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Brilliant holiday and resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

We have just returned from 8 nights Gold All Inclusive, great room (executive suite), good food and excellent variety. Staff very welcoming and friendly and eager to please. Great facilities, pool and pool bar excellent and right on the beach. If you want the best of everything you must go for the
Gold package and you will have no complaints.

Room Tip: For laundry collection ring in the morning when it's ready for collection, for a prompt service.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 150BarbaraB
GM-Secretary-Melben, GM Secretary at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Mrs. 150BarbaraB,

Greetings from Melia Benoa All Inclusive Resort,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Melia Benoa to accommodate your holiday and for taking your valuable time to share your recent experience with everybody in Trip Advisor as well.

It was a great pleasure for us to welcome you and give you our best service, and we are delighted to see that our products, services and facilities provided were up to your expectations. Thank you for your kind words and lavish praises bestowed upon our team members. We will definitely share your positive feedback with them and they must be really happy to hear from you.

At last, we would certainly look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Melia Benoa in the near future.

GM Secretary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've held off writing this review as I wanted to ensure I wasn't being unfair in my views. However, now that we've just returned from our "second honeymoon", I'm confident that my views are correct.

We went to Melia Benoa on our honeymoon. When we arrived we were presented with a drink that was moving.... with wildlife all over the coconut. Ok, maybe I thought this was normal when having such a drink, but honeymoon #2 taught me it wasn't.

When we were presented with our room my wifes face dropped (I guess this is something that newlyweds never want to see on their honeymoon) when she smelt the state of the room. Mildew was rife. It was so bad that we were not prepared to stay 14 nights in such a room and made our thoughts clear to management. To be fair they did upgrade our room (in the area of the hotel that had clearly undergone refurbishment), but they didn't seem atall surprised by our comments. This backs up what we read on this website prior to booking.

So, then we moved onto the food. My initial reaction was one that I regretted booking the hotel (never something you want to feel on holiday). The limited food on display wasn't prepared with much love and nor was it displayed with much love. On honeymoon #2 we really were able to appreciate what a difference this can make.

A few days in I came down with the famous "Bali Belly". As I am a man who can pack curries away, I was quite surprised by this. We had only eaten in the hotel so I can only assume that the source was somewhere in the hotel. The Bali Belly experience lasted for 3 days and dented the holiday.

We'd recommend the trips to Ubud... the rafting was amazing. The trip to the North of the island wasn't particularly good (we were there only for 2 hours, 6 hours in total were spent getting there and back in a bus that I'm fairly sure admitted more CO2 (black smoke) than our combined flights getting to Bali from Germany!

For those who are interested, our second AMAZING honeymoon was in the Maldives.

Room Tip: Ask to be put into the renovated section of the hotel... and don't go for a "garden view&qu...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CJayHH
GM-Secretary-Melben, GM Secretary at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Mr. CJayyHH,

Greetings from Melia Benoa All Inclusive Resort,

Thank you for choosing Melia Benoa as a place to accommodate you honeymoon and for taking your valuable time to share your experience with everybody in Trip Advisor.

Herewith, we would like to apologize if our Resort could not reach your expectations in terms of room, services and facilities. Regarding the “Bali Belly” that you have experienced during your stay, after checking with the department involved, we are regretted to inform that during your period of stay, we didn’t find any guest complaint or experienced the same issue like yours, we also follow the International cleanliness standard in terms of food and beverage. However, your comments are great assistance in order to continue our effort to improve the service quality since the satisfaction of our guest is extremely important for us, we also have addressed your feedback in regards to the Food and Beverage presentation to the management and please rest assured that we are taking appropriate measure in improving our quality and services.

Finally, we hope that your experience in Melia Benoa that had not completely satisfied with your expectation will not impede you to visit any other Melia Hotel International worldwide.

Warmest regards from Bali.

Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I have to take this hotel since i have a meeting in this area. reception staff are teribble for me, it takes almost 30 to find out our reservation done by travel agent, I feel quite strange a big hotel like this, they dont have a proper reservation system. On the second day, my family is coming to this hotel and again reception staff asking how many person are staying in the hotel room tonight directly to my family. this is not a proper way to ask, they know my phone number, why they dont call me?
room is big and ok, but very old fashion, breakfast are ok, a lot of fresh fruit and very western which is not too suitable for me. location is very good, they have an access diretly to the beach.
again, at check out they give me a wrong invoice, with a lot of correction on it.
overall this is a good hotel but spoiled by reception staff.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank gondel g
Dear Mr. Gondel G,

Greetings from Melia Benoa All Inclusive Resort,

Many thanks for your valuable time by writing your recent experience in Trip Advisor and for choosing our Resort as a place to accommodate your holiday as well.

It was a great pleasure for us to welcome you and give you our best service, and we are delighted to see that you feel happy with our Resort in terms of our location. However, please accept our most sincere apology for the unpleasant experience as well as your expectation that could not be fulfilled during your stay. Regarding the unpleasant experience you have found with our reception upon your check in, we would like to inform that the travel agent who handle your booking only inform us that there will be a group check in on that day but until the check in time, they didn’t inform us any name utterly. However, we have delivered your comments to the department involved and your comments are a great assistance in order to identify problems that may exist and taking corrective measures that deemed necessary.

Finally, we would like to inform that we are at your total disposal and would certainly look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Resort in the near future.

Warmest regards from the Island of Gods

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I just returned last week from a 6-night stay at Melia Benoa. There are several things that I found very disappointing. Immediately upon arriving, I was told that they didn't have a room for me. I was given an explanation but it seemed more of an excuse than legitimate issue. They told me they would like to move me to the resort next door for one night and move me again the next day. I didn't like that prospect at all. I knew that the likely reason was that they didn't have any standard rooms and certainly wanted to avoid having to upgrade my room to accommodate my stay. I told them that I wanted to stay within the resort I had chosen to book and not go next door. The resort next door as I now know is significantly cheaper and would not have been at all comparable. The desk clerk had to go get permission to see what they could do. We waited quite some time and were told that they would put us in a nicer room but that we had to move the next day. It was hardly a consolation because it turned into a huge inconvenience. The next day I called when I was told to and our room wasn't ready. They said they would call me. I spent the entire day checking in with them and being told to wait. I felt trapped and it wasted an entire day of my trip only to suit their purposes. I wasn't willing to have my bags and belongings moved from the room while I was away. Especially considering that they already tried to do something underhanded like move me to the other resort, I couldn't trust what the next room would be. It was 4pm before we could finally move to the other room. The air conditioner hardly worked and the room was unpleasant with stains on the couch and generally dingy. Guest Services called the room to ask if we had moved but they wouldn't hear me out on what we had just been though. Only to confirm that we were now in the standard room. I definitely wouldn't pay for all-inclusive, I had a standard room with breakfast only. It would have been another almost $800 to upgrade. I took the shuttle to Bali Connection (a shopping center) and I purchased bottles of alcohol cheaply at Coco Market and out them in my room fridge. I saved a fortune and ate at beautiful beachfront very close to the resort. It can't possibly be worth the money to be tethered to that place. They treat you very poorly if you do not have a wristband though. If you want to stay shut within the small confines of the resort grounds and never see any of the rest of Bali, I would only recommend staying here as all-inclusive. Otherwise, it isn't worth staying here at all. TIPS: There is a Circle K directly in front of the resort. Use the ATM here to withdraw funds or to get local currency. Their rate is significantly better than the resort (also for sundries, cigarettes, snacks, soda etc.). There are many restaurants locally that provide free transportation to and from dinner. The shuttle to Bali Connection is handy although getting a blue cab at the security gate out front only costs $3. There are a lot of places to eat there and a lot better food than the resort. The pool was the only thing I liked about the resort because it is deep, that is really it. Do your homework to find somewhere better to stay, why go to Bali just to sit in one place?

Room Tip: Upgrading is not worth the cost!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 3MILESAWAY
GM-Secretary-Melben, GM Secretary at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Mr/Mrs. 3MILESAWAY,

Greetings from Melia Benoa All Inclusive Resort,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing Melia Benoa as a place to accommodate your holiday and taking your valuable time to share your recent experience with everybody in Trip Advisor as well.

It was a great pleasure for us to welcome you and give you our best services. However, we would like to apologize if we could not reach your expectations in terms of services and facilities. In terms of room upon your check in, it has been informed that we are lack of premium room at that moment and we have tried our best to accommodate you in a similar property, however you resist, and once again we try to do our best by giving you free upgrade to suite and it was agreed that a day after we will move you to a room with nice view. On the next day you came to the reception at 12 pm (check out time) and required to have your room with nice view, and then we inform you that you can have your room at 2 pm since that time is the official check in time and we have to prepare your room as well after the previous guest check out.

Regarding the rate for All Inclusive (AI), we are delighted to inform that we are offering a very special rate to our guests and in fact they feel very happy and satisfy with the benefits and services given based on the other comments in Trip Advisor. However, your comments are great assistance in order to continue our effort to improve our service quality since the satisfaction of our guest is extremely important for us.

Finally, we hope you your recent experience in Melia Benoa that had not completely satisfied with your expectations will not impede you to visit any other Melia Hotel International worldwide.

St. Neots, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family stayed here for 4 nights in an executive suite and it was very nice!! Felt very "executive" lol! We arrived quite late and the hotel seemed very quiet, considering most people staying were on an all inclusive basis. We did not stay all inclusive and found it rather a strange experience to get a drink upon our arrival as there didn't seem to be any bars open (it was only 10:30 pm). The breakfast buffet was delicious and the chef makes a mean omelette!!! :-)
My only niggle was the fact that despite my request (twice, travel agent & hotel direct) for a cot in our room for my little boy when we got to our room there was not a cot and I had to ask again. The staff were very quick at getting the cot (and luckily my little boy was WIDE awake after our 17 hour flight journey!!).
We all had a very lovely stay and we hope that my little boy has brought some very fond memories for all the staff we met!!!

Room Tip: The executive suites are very nice and big, just be careful of all the steps in the room!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Clairebear73
GM-Secretary-Melben, GM Secretary at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Mr. Clairebear73,

Greetings from Melia Benoa All Inclusive Resort,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience with everybody in Trip Advisor and for choosing Melia Benoa as a place to accommodate your holiday.

It was a great pleasure for us to welcome you and give you our best service, and we are delighted to see that you feel happy with our property. We also glad that you felt comfortable with the room prepared for you. We always try our best to give the best service to the guest since the satisfaction of our guest has become our main goal and making your stay memorable is always become our main priority.

At last, we would certainly look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Warmest regards from the Island of Gods

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our Bali adventure. Our room was very spacious, with an extremely comfy bed and massive bathroom. Shower was great, with plenty of hot water at any time of day. Staff were friendly and always willing to please. The food was great, always plenty of variety to chose from whichever mealtime it was. When we went at the beginning of April there were not many people staying, so the resort was wonderfully quiet. The grounds were fantastic, with a gorgeous pond/lagoon area, with loads of wildlife, a great place to sit and watch from the restaurant. The beach was lovely and clean with lots of sunbeds available, just as there were around the pool. One downside was the trips to Turtle Island, the hotel guys quoted us over twice as much as the guys at the hotel next door, so it pays to shop around. All in all a great hotel in a stunning location

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-Secretary-Melben, GM Secretary at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Mr/Mrs. Heather030,

Greetings from Melia Benoa All Inclusive Resort,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a thorough review of our Resort. We are really happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

It was delighted to learn that your stay with us was a pleasant one which left you with such wonderful impression of our Resort. No words can describe how excited we are to read your positive review. We also glad to know that our products, services and facilities were up to your expectations. Through constructive feedback of this nature we are able to isolate the finer details in customer and guest satisfaction in order for us to focus our attention to constantly striving to exceed guest expectations.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Melia Benia in an Executive Suite. The room was very spacious and comfortable.

The gardens are beautiful, they are very well maintained.

Food was excellent! The buffet breakfast each morning had a fabulous selection to coose from. Nice cold beer from the pool bar.

Our room had amazing views of the pool. Considering how close we were located the noise levels were never an issue.

Room Tip: The Executive Suite was amazing!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Raelene S
GM-Secretary-Melben, GM Secretary at Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Mrs. Raelene,

Greetings from Melia Benoa All Inclusive Resort,

It was delighted to learn that your stay with us was a pleasant one which left you with such a wonderful impression of our resort. No words, can describe how excited we are to read your positive review.

Here at the Melia Benoa Resort we strive to provide our guests with indigenous and exceptional experience all the time. We also glad to learn that our products, services and facilities were up to your expectation.

Nothing is more satisfying for us to know that our entire team has taken care of you very well and leave you with such a wonderful impression. We also would like to thank you for choosing Melia Benoa Resort as a place to accommodate your holiday and we do hope that your great vacation will lead you back to us on your next visit to this paradise island.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
AYANA Resort and Spa
AYANA Resort and Spa
#13 of 55 in Jimbaran
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,409 reviews

Been to Sol Beach House Benoa Bali by Melia Hotels International? Share your experiences!