My husband and I stayed at this hotel to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. Before arriving my husband contacted the hotel direct to ask for a quiet room and we were offered the honeymoon suite at an additional cost. We both jumped at the chance and agreed to pay for the room on arrival as requested by the hotel and the hotel sent a confirmation email stating it was reserved for us. When we got to the hotel we produced the email only to be told they had let someone else have the room and it may be free later during our stay. We were very disappointed to say the least. We had been allocated a suite with our original booking and we had this for the duration of the holiday; the rooms are spacious if a little dated but comfortable.
Apart from this the food was great, the staff are excellent and will do anything to make your stay the best ever. A special mention to Mendrin at the pool bar and also patek in el patio, plus trainee No7 and trainee No 17, you were all so very lovely and went just that little bit further to make things special.
The one thing I would say about the staff though and this is constructive critisism is that the higher management are incredibly rude; unless you are spanish! Not once during the whole stay did the General Manager, Operations Manager or the young girl trainee manager smile, say hello or even acknowledge anyone unless they were Spanish. Most days they ate in the same restaurant as the paying guests and ignored everyone. Never have we stayed at a hotel with this obvious difference between the staff levels and a nod or a smile or a good morning would go down very well will guests, I am sure.
The pool is very crammed with sunbeds and they are close together, if you want a tan, go to the beach because the pool is quite shaded.
The spa was a worthwhile visit and we had the hour long massage that came with our holiday and enjoyed it so much we went back and experienced the 3 hour hot tub, sauna, massage with volcanic ash and it was brilliant and aided us getting a really good tan as it gets rid of the dead skin.
The beach was the thing that most surprised us both as we expected it to be private and quiet and relaxing. This was not the case as there is a public walkway between the hotel and the beach and people from the hotels along the beach could walk through at any time. They could even pay to use the sunbeds and buy drinks from the hotel bars. The Melia Benoa advertises itself as an all inclusive hotel so how is this possible? If I pay for all inclusive, I expect exclusivity and not any old person coming into the hotel from outside. The other thing about the beach is that it is not quiet! It has constant speed boats pulling along inflatables, jet skis zooming by with the lovely smell of petrol hanging in the air and also paragliders and wind surfers. More like Benidorm than Bali!
The lack of evening entertainment in the lounge bar was noticed by all. The main entertainment was outside and lasted for an hour while you ate your meals adn then that was it except twice a week when singers came into the lounge bar. These evening were great and they should have something along these lines all the time; maybe a person just playing a guitar or something.
All in all the holiday was nice but not as expected as per the title of this review. It was a long way to travel and we expected so much more so disappointing. Would we go back? No Would we recommend the hotel? On the basis of the food and the general staff - yes but I would also mention the downsides.
Chris and Jo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ALL INCLUSIVE Premium All Inclusive Blue The All inclusive Blue package includes accommodation in Premium Room, all meals plan with buffet or a la carte choice, snacks, unlimited alcoholic local beverages, soft drinks, daily activities, unlimited non-motorized sports, nightly entertainment and more.We recommend you this package if you want to enjoy holidays worry-free, and search for an experience with great value and convenience in the Balinese paradise.Premium All Inclusive SilverThe All inclusive Silver package includes accommodation in Premium Room with view over the lush Tropical Garden or Pool, all meals plan with buffet or a la carte choice, snacks, unlimited alcoholic local beverages, soft drinks, daily activities, unlimited non-motorized sports, nightly entertainment, Free WiFi in the room, 1 time daily minibar refill, laundry with restrictions, discount on imported alcoholic beverages and more.Choose this package if you want to add some more value to your holidays at small extra cost. Enjoy the spectacular views from your balcony and the recently renovated new rooms with all the luxury, comfort and Melia amenities.Executive Jr. Suite All Inclusive Gold The All inclusive Gold package includes accommodation in Executive Suite, all meals plan with buffet and wider a la carte choice, snacks, unlimited alcoholic local beverages, soft drinks, daily activities, unlimited non-motorized sports, nightly entertainment, Free WiFi in the room, minibar, Room service, laundry with restrictions, 1 hour Spa massage for 2 adults, discount on imported alcoholic beverages and more.Experience a higher level of service in our Executive Suite with the ultimate luxurious accommodation, designed for couples, honeymooners or guests looking for a Romantic getaway, who appreciate the importance of attention to details combined with the highest personalized service and VIP treatment. If you want to be pampered this is your best option. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Sol Beach House Bali Benoa by Melia Hotels International reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Benoa Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Melia Hotel Benoa
- Melia Hotel Tanjungbenoa
- Melia Benoa Bali
- Sol Beach House Bali Benoa By Melia Hotels International Tanjung Benoa