“Huge but peaceful and beautiful.”
Review of Novotel Bali Benoa

Novotel Bali Benoa
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Having not ever stayed in Nusa Dua before we decided to give it ago and we got a good price on a room. The room was located on the other side of the road but this was not a problem. There were two pools there anyway one with a swim up bar and also a resturant. This side was peaceful and hardly saw anyone.
Buffet Breakfast was amazing and also the buffet italian dinner. Resturant over looking the pool was fantastic and the little kids section of the resturant was a great idea but would say more toys and a good clean would be a good idea.

Our room was just a standard room and was a little small for 2 adults, a 6 yr old on the folder bed and a porta cot but still we loved it. The outside area was great too, how ever we did thing our room was going to flood when it rained really heavy.

Would definately stay here again. It was great for kids and they had a few pool games for kids by the main pool daily.

The only downfall was that maybe the drinks and food were a little expensive.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with children make sure you go for a bigger room then just the standard
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mel12305
Novotel B, General Manager at Novotel Bali Benoa, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Mel12305,
thank you for review on your family holiday in our resort. My team and I are happy that you and your kids enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the input and suggestions, please be assured that we take these seriously to improve our services.
Hope to see you and your family again.
Best regards, Alexander Poindl, General Manager, h1922-gm@accor.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,108)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I recently stayed at Novotel Benoa with my husband and two children (aged 8 & 3 years). We arrived at approx. midnight, obviously with two young children were keen to check in fast and efficiently. We weren't disappointed within a couple of minutes we were shown to our Tropical Tce room (beach side). The room was simply stunning and the air conditioning was comfortably cold.

Breakfast each morning was beautiful with ample to choose from. The children's dining area was a hit with our 3 year old. The staff are just gorgeous, always friendly, with the most beautiful big smiles. Within a couple of days most of the staff called us by our first names and they were all so kind to our children. A big special hello to Amanda from Amy. Amy misses you.

The beach side pool was beautiful, there were always plenty of sun beds both by the pool and on the beach. The different activities which took place almost hourly were brilliant and our daughters loved the children's games which happened daily at 12noon.

We enjoyed meals from both beach side restaurants, plus cocktails in Nanas bar and on the beach. They had happy hour every night, plus an all day half price cocktail of the day. We ate from the buffet 3 or 4 nights during our 9 night stay, and at approx $22 per adult (children 12 and under dining with an adult were free) we were not disappointed. Each night there was some sort of entertainment, including traditional Balinese dancers, fire dance demonstration and a Balinese band.

We stayed in a Tropical Tce room (beach side) it was beautiful and just perfect for our family. We had a King size bed, sofa bed, a large bathroom including a free standing bath. We also had our own courtyard, which included two lay back chairs on the porch and a beautiful little garden with an outside shower. We had free wifi, which was great to stay in contact with family at home.

We used the day spa within the hotel a few times, the massages were amazing, we took advantage of the jet lag massage which was 99,000 rupiah for 30 mins (approx $10).

Two nights a week the hotel has a night market, which was great and our 8 year old loved being able to buy a few bits without being harassed.

We had the most perfect family holiday and will be returning as soon as we can. Thank you to all the staff that made our holiday and helped us create memories that will last a lifetime.

Look forward to seeing you all soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Claire P

Dear Claire B,
thank you so much for this review and it feels good to know you had the most perfect family holiday with us. I will forward the greetings to Amanda, she will be happy to hear from Amy.
Looking forward to welcoming you and your family again and best regards
Alexander Poindl, General Manager, h1922-gm@accor.com

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Courtenay H
Novotel B, General Manager at Novotel Bali Benoa, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is by far the best villa I have ever stayed at. The staff at this hotel could not do enough. I took my partner there for her birthday and I emailed and had many romantic and relaxing things organised before we even left Australia. They also brought cake to the room, had balloons and streamers put up all at no extra charge. Ami the executive secretary was absolutely lovely and really help me out a lot. Also over the quiet side of the island and only around 45 mins and 200000 rupiah to the town using hotel transfers and taxis out side you can get for 150000-200000 each way. I booked early and got a great deal. Breakfast Buffet was good but at the peak time they could not keep up. Still really nice food but just had to wait a little longer!

Room Tip: Private Pool Villa is a must and they can sleep a little one if needed.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ryan B,
thank you for your positive and encouraging comments on your recent stay with us. Good to hear we could make you and your partners special stay romantic and relaxing, hopefully we could create some memorable moments. Hope to see you again in one of our villas.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was my second visit to the Novotel Tanjung Benoa. My second stay here was almost flawless after several glitches in my first stay. I was happy to return! I met several other guests who come back year after year or even a couple of times a year from Australia. That is truly a credit to the management and staff.

The pictures truly reflect the property. The staff are generous with their smiles and kindness. The property is an architectural reflection of Balinese design and European standards. The grounds are immaculate.

I was welcomed back by staff who remembered me from last year-that was so wonderful after an arduous journey. As a seasoned traveler, I cannot emphasize enough the importance of check in for me. A speedy and correct check in is SO important. I received the room I had requested-which meant a lot to me after the previous year's request not matching up. Thank-you! The welcome drink and cold towel were truly appreciated.

The rooms might need a bit of a touch up, but I cannot see how they could do it since the resort is so popular they would have to turn away guests. The housekeeping staff do their best to keep them well maintained. I have been to other hotels in Bali and this one has so much privacy in the Tropical Terrace rooms, I was surprised to find that is not standard elsewhere. One day, I hope to stay in one of their villas. I met a couple who were thrilled with their villa.

The laundry staff are just lovely. The service is quick and inexpensive. I would like to caution them though, to observe the Do Not Disturb signs. I had an ailing parent placed into hospital care back in North America during my stay and had to stay awake to phone home every night to manage her care. As such, I had to catch up with sleep at odd times during the day. I also had room service bang on my door on my last day there and then call to awaken me further when I did not place an order. I had the DND sign on then as well.

The Spa specials were fantastic - I even treated a friend and I and enjoyed a few solo visits. The ladies were as professional and caring as always. I did find a place outside the resort to spend a fair bit of spa time at, but being able to walk 100 steps home after a massage in the resort can't be beat.

The water sports are fun to watch and participate in. I fear the beach is eroding but the Novotel management does what they can to preserve it. The fellows who work hard to keep the trash at bay do a wonderful job. Indonesia as a whole has complete islands of trash. It is a sad state for that corner of the world. The trash was worse this year and I fear it will be worse next year. The management team really works hard to even clear the seaweed-which does not happen in my corner of the world.

The breakfasts were outstanding. Such a variety. I have eaten at several Asian Novotels and they do take pride in their choices and quality. I have eaten at other Accor chains-they did not seem to care as much as this one. I would recommend not eating overlooking the pool unless you enjoy dining with ants. Although I pointed this out a few times, the ants continued their efforts to run across the table. I began eating closer to the food where the ants were not so industrious. So nice to see smiling faces first thing in the morning-and staff even remembered my name and room. The live music in the evenings is delightful. The young musicians do a great job of old and new tunes with a Balinese influence. It's nice to have a beverage on the patio at night and listen to the tines and the waves.

The lap pool, although it is to be a quiet pool, was rarely thus over either of my stays. I am guessing some people can't read English signs, but when this happens it would be good for the staff to make sure the screaming, running and splashing children and parents understand the nature of the pool. There are two more pools which welcome those actions. It was difficult to do laps or relax most days. Towels were rather inconsistent too. I went over one day and there were no towels out so the next day, I brought a towel from the beach side pool. The fellow at the lap pool told me I couldn't have a beach side towel over there and took it from me. I was concerned I would be charged for not bringing back the towel, but luckily, that did not happen. Perhaps if he can tell me that, then he can tell the screaming children to not scream or to make sure pool towels are out first thing in the morning? Not a big deal, but consistency with rules-written or unwritten would be nice.

European travelers reading this, a beach in Bali is not a beach in the south of France, ie they are not topless beaches. Staff were too embarrassed to address this so at one point, I did. I speak a bit of French and spoke to one woman. She said she did not care as it was a private beach and it the servers basically had to get over their embarrassment. Um, no, it is a public beach where there is a law against public nudity.

There is a new service for beach service. There are flags to wave when you need service. Great idea!

The shuttle to Bali Collection is a nice touch. A short ride where you can meet other guests and folks who are staying at other hotels along the way. The drivers were always friendly. I always used the bank cash points there for money versus money changers.

The resort brings in vendors of local crafts so that if you don't want to head through the crowds in the markets, it is all right there for you. Yes, you can probably bargain the street vendors down for less, but then if you don't like crowds or bargaining, this is a lovely choice for not much more.

Now that the road work is done and the bridge is open, travel to other parts of the island will run so much faster. Hotel taxis are more expensive, but it is a quick call and courteous service. I take the hotel transport from the airport. So nice to be met by a smiling employee. A permanent Novotel Tanjung Benoa brand sign might be a good idea to more easily find the fellow in the crowd. You could use a whiteboard marker to write the person's name on the bottom. Saves paper too.

Overall, this is a lovely larger resort which feels small, helpful staff at the ready and very keen management willing to address your concerns. I cannot stress enough that guests need to bring issues forward to have them resolved. Yes, this is a European chain with standards as such, but it is operating under local conditions at what I think is a high rate of success. The general manager is to be commended for maintaining a high level of service on an island. He makes each guest he deals with or meets feel valued.

Room Tip: Familes seem to prefer the Garden Rooms. I prefer a Tropical Terrace room although more expensive.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank CDNPrairieGal

Dear CDNPrairieGal,
thank you so much for staying with us again and for this detailed five points review :). I will discuss all your suggestions with the respective head of department, thank you for many good ideas and observations. Future travellers will be thankful for the review and the good insight information on Bali and Benoa.
Looking forward for welcoming you again!
Best regards, Alexander Poindl, General Manager, h1922@gmx.at

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was our second stay at Novotel Bali Benoa & we wasn't disappointed. We booked another Beach Cabana Room which was about 20 steps from the beach. We woke up every morning enjoying the entertainment of the water sports. We just love staying at this hotel the staff are all friendly. I would like to make special mention of our House keeping lady, sorry I have forgotten her name but she was just lovely - nothing was too much trouble. Also the Omelette lady who still makes the best omelettes - just delicious! My husband & I both had back massages which were fantastic. See you all again in March Novotel Bali Benoa - we can't wait!

Room Tip: Beach Cabana are very close to the beach.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank johnoT
Novotel B, General Manager at Novotel Bali Benoa, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear johnoT,
thank you so much for staying with us again and posting this positive review. It always makes us feel good when we can exceed our guests expectations and make them feel at ease.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in March 2014.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Grand Mirage Resort & Thalasso Spa - Bali
Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort
Grand Aston Bali Beach Resort
#5 of 26 in Tanjung Benoa

Been to Novotel Bali Benoa? Share your experiences!