3,291 results
All reviews beach cabana beach side tropical terrace room garden wing uluwatu restaurant kids club accor member quiet pool across the road family room security guard beach restaurant rain shower deluxe room main pool water sports breakfast buffet
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Great staff with big smiles all the time! They served very good local plus western food. The room is clean but not too spacious, just nice for couple but would be lil narrow if you were to add additional bed. Overall is good.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Nat T
Novotel B, General Manager at Novotel Bali Benoa, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Nat T,
thank you for your review on your stay with us and happy to read you enjoyed your stay.
Hope to see you again and best regards

Reviewed October 14, 2013

To stay at the Novotel Benoa is a true privilege. I have travelled the world on and off for the past 25 years but never have I encountered an experience as well thought out and executed.

I guess I should admit upfront that I'm no fan of big resorts. In saying that I should also say that the Novotel Benoa feels more like a boutique hotel than a full-scale resort due to the low-rise buildings, the lush tropical landscaping and the availability of delicious high quality local food served at, what I consider to be, reasonable prices.

The resort itself is tastefully constructed -- Balinese style -- from natural materials such as wood, thatch, and sandstone. However what appears simple is actually about masterful design and attention to detail. The beautiful beach-side pool (one of three) for example contains sunken sandstone 'beds' that are slightly submerged for those wishing to bake in the sun or read a book without feeling too hot. Many of the common areas are open air, sitting below thatched roofs with fans to keep things cool. So well designed is the resort, that even with 85% occupancy, there is none of the hustle and bustle you might expect when people compete for a place by the pool, a seat to watch a show featuring traditional Balinese dancers or a great spot to eat (the incredible) breakfast and people watch in the mornings; rather the atmosphere feels relaxed and even (thankfully) tranquil day and night.

The staff here deliver service at its best; from the man who keeps the paths clean, to the food and beverage manager who introduces himself to you and then memorises the names of your children - everyone here gives you genuine warm smiles when you encounter them, and calmly but willingly provides you with what you need when you need it, including a beautifully clean and well maintained environment.

There are opportunities to interact with other guests (many of whom seem to be from Australia, France or Germany), by the pools, during the daily activities the resort provides (dressing up local style, aqua aerobics, night markets...) or at the kids club (if you are travelling with the vertically challenged). However, there are plenty of quiet spaces for those who just want to sit quietly and chill out.

Benoa itself is no great highlight. The beach is nice and quiet and there is only a small number of people wanting to sell you things. Food-wise, Bumboo Bali serves delicious local food and offers cooking lessons for those wanting to take a little bit of Bali back with them. The two most popular restaurants - Glaze and Bali Cardamon - underwhelmed me. Also - from my point of view - the shops are nothing to bother about.

So what would I change? Pretty much nothing if I wanted a holiday with kids where I'd be happy to sit by the pool all day.

Will I be back sometime? I sure hope so!

Room Tip: We stayed beach-side, next to the adjoining property. In my opinion the extra price was well worth the privacy these rooms afford.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Nova F

Dear Nova F,
thank you so much for this review, it made our day. It always feels great when we can make our guests' stay memorable and when our services and offers are appreciated. I already shared this review with my team and all of us are proud we could make your stay special.
Hope to see you again and best regards

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel is set in a beautiful beach-front area at the edge of Nusa Dua, Bali, with a lovely swimming pool. 5-star friendly service and food!
They have nightly entertainment in the hotel. And there is also a cafe on the beach, perfect for sun-set.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MinAde

Dear MinAde,
thank you so much for your positive comments on your stay with us. My team and I are glad you had a great holiday in our resort and thank you for rewarding us with 5-stars for our friendliness and our food :).
Looking forward to welcoming you again and best regards

Reviewed October 13, 2013

A very convenience hotel. We stayed in deluxe room and the room was spacious, clean, with sofa, and terrace. They provide free drinking water in a dispenser in the alley.The wardrobe was uniquely designed when you can open it from the room and also from the bathroom. The hotel has 2 location: the beach side and the garden side. The deluxe rooms located in the garden side, and it has 2 swimming pools. If we want to have the breakfast, or just sit in their cozy lobby or go to the beach, we just accross the street where there is always a guard who will help us. The beach itself is stunning, white sand with a very clear water. Don't bother to bring your sunblock, since the hotel provide it near the pools. The breakfast has more variety for western food instead of local food. It's a perfect location for you who want to spend your day enjoying the beach and the hotel also provide many programs, but it quite far if you want to go to shopping to Kuta-Legian-Seminyak area

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Widhy,
thank you very much for this kind review and we are happy you enjoyed our hotel and our beach.
Great to read you enjoyed our offers and services and we hope to see you again in our resort.
Best regards, Alexander Poindl, General Manager, h1922-gm@accor.com

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I travelled with my 13 year old son and nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff - we had chickens up early near our first room but we were changed swiftly to another room on the other side 335 which was a garden room which had a great oval bath and lots of space in the room.

Breakfast was exceptional if anything ran out they would replenish and everything was fresh - the themed nights are good - if thats not for you plenty of fab restaurants a stones throw away.

The spa was fab very very professsional and excellent treatments and good value for money.

This hotel made you feel like family and it has made me want to return year after year like some guests do - thankyou to the watersports centre especially maid who looked after my son very well - customer services is the best i have ever experienced and they mean it they really want to help and make yu have a fab stay - well done and thankyou

Room Tip: 335 - Fab room and quiet
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Sarah S
Novotel B, General Manager at Novotel Bali Benoa, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Sarah S,
thank you for this great review and we are happy you enjoyed all our services. I will share this review with all my team, it is always a great motivation for us when our efforts are appreciated.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you soon again at our resort.
Best regards, Alexander Poindl, General Manager, h1922-gm@accor.com