Have stayed many times in Bali and rate this as one of the nicest hotels I have been to. Traveled with family incl 3 kids 14, 11, 5.
Fantastic staff and really nicely laid out resort with heaps of different spaces to go too including 3 different pools. The hotel is split in half across the main Benoa beach road but this wasn't a problem at all (there is a security guard that assists with crossings). We stayed in the rear part of hotel, upstairs room semi-overlooking pool. Lovely room, great bathrooms, balcony, beds etc... Aircon was a bit weak and had to be left on permanently for room to be cool enough. Note that there did not seem to be any lifts in this section of the hotel.
Interconnecting rooms were not available so older kids got room over the passage - would recommend getting extra keycards as constant knocking ended up being a bit difficult. Sofa bed was fine for 5yo.
Food was reasonably priced with breakfasts probably the best I've had at a Bali hotel! Also, make a note of happy hour times as drinks were 2 for 1 which made them really affordable.
Downside was that the beach was really badly eroded and insanely busy with watersports. I went for a walk to Benoa harbour one evening and found it quite dirty - this, above all reasons would possibly deter me from staying in Benoa area again. The general area was probably too quiet for my liking with limited decent shopping other than numerous hawkers and small shops. Local warungs and restaurants were great. Regards to shopping, the the hotel did offer a free shuttle to The Bali Collection shopping centre in Nusa Dua which was surprisingly good (have reviewed separately) and had an array of (very empty / quiet) restaurants.
Highly recommended for couples & families that are happy to hang by the pool but not so great if you love laying / swimming at the beach or intend to include casual evening shopping in your itinerary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Benoa Bali is located at the edge of Nusa Dua, overlooking the golden sands of Tanjung Benoa beach. The resort has been created using traditional Balinese architecture which provides a unique atmosphere set within luscious tropical gardens.The hotel has 179 rooms each with a coconut wood interior design and either a balcony or a garden. There are 8 villas designed in a magnificent tropical style, each with a private swimming pool, an open-air living room, a bathroom with a whirlpool and a rain shower, an espresso machine and a spacious dressing room. Moreover, the luxurious 2-bedroom beachfront villa has all of the above facilities as well as an amazing view overlooking the ocean.The resort offers a variety of dining options including a daily theme buffet dinner, a beach restaurant, a pool restaurant and 3 relaxing bars. A daily entertainment program is provided all day through until the evening. Activities are available everyday for children at the Kids Club. Sport facilities include 3 swimming pools with 2 whirlpools, a tennis court and a fitness center, beach activities including volleyball. Specially designed indoor and outdoor beachfront "bale" spa for rejuvenating. Water sports are available nearby. A free shuttle bus gives access to Bali Collection shopping center in Nusa Dua. Parking and Wifi in the lobby area are also complimentary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Bali Benoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Bali Benoa Hotel Tanjung Benoa
- Novotel Hotel Bali Benoa
- Novotel Hotel Tanjungbenoa
- Novotel Nusa Dua
- Novotel Benoa Bali
- Nusa Dua Novotel
- Novotel Bali Benoa Tanjung Benoa