“friendly staff continue to make this our favourite” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Bali Benoa

Novotel Bali Benoa
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
South East SA
“friendly staff continue to make this our favourite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

I would love to say that everything is perfect at the Novotel Benoa, but nothing is perfect and I think saying so would compromise the integrity of this review. We (My wife, My 8 year old Son and I) have been coming here for a number of years now and I can genuinely say that arriving here feels like sitting in a favorite chair listening to your favourite music, simple as that, we are Accor members (currently at Platinum status due in no small part due to our love of this place and Bali in general) but apart from a few extras (which are much appreciated) I have never felt that our treatment, regardless of Accor status or any other measure, has been anything other than genuine, we do feel like part of the Family. I do have some "observations" regarding some of the practices at the hotel which I feel could be done differently or improved, however, I suspect that for the most part it is the same at any equivalent hotel/resort so please don't treat these as specific too the Novotel Benoa. Although the hotel is branded as a family hotel the bar prices are very high, and sadly now have replaced their 2 for 1 of anything on the bar list during the happy hour with a limited selection, considering the very low through-put I can't see why this need to be changed. The hotel does very little promotion of their bars and yet many staff are involved in running them, there is a small black board advertising usually obscure daily cocktail specials which I have rarely seen any one try, the beer is often far from cold, I find it a big pity as they have wonderful facilities and generally excellent bar staff, drop the prices by 30% and triple the volume!! Only one other complaint, the nightly buffets, I won't say too much as these are a staple of just about all equivalent places and the standard of food is very high (presentation even higher), but generally you can walk down the road and get just as good food for a quarter of the price, and without ++ tax, unfortunately as with the rest of Bali the entertainment is either very hoohum or not up to scratch at all. More pluses, great pools, and great bit of beach which is kid friendly and gives you very easy access to the watersports available (everything from parasailing to PADI courses, the only thing you can't get off Benoa beach is a decent surf). Saving the best f or last, Novotel Benoa have the best Kids Club in town bar none, Highly Recommend.

Room Tip: We find the beach side rooms more convenient as you don't have to cross the reasonably busy road...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MrSinaga
NBB1922, General Manager at Novotel Bali Benoa, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Mr. Sinaga,
thank you for returning to our resort and for sharing your comments. I am happy to read we are still your favourite hotel in Bali :) and please allow me to answer to your valued concerns.

We reviewed our bar and restaurant prices in the beginning of 2012 after doing a research in Benoa and Nusa Dua hotels and lowered our prices to a - from my point of view - reasonable level. In the same time we extended our Happy Hours in all our bars to two hours and made a special Happy Hour selection of the most popular drinks.

Thank you for mentioning that our beer sometimes is not cold enough and please accept my apologies for that. I will check all outlets and if necessary change procedures (maybe beer is stocked too few and too late from our store into our chillers).

Thank you for your understanding that our overhead cost are not comparable to restaurants on the street, also we pay to our staff the correct service charge of 10%. We discussed internally if we display our rates 'net' (including tax and service) but refrained from that as basically all hotels and most restaurants in Bali still write their rates ++.

Thank you also for rating our food quality high. Most of our buffets are at IDR 242.000 (USD 25) net per person and 1 child below 12 per paying adult is free. Also these prices were reviewed and lowered and I would consider this a fair offer for a full evening buffet + traditional and authentic entertainment.

Looking forward to welcoming you on your next stay in our hotel and it would be my pleasure to get to know you personally to discuss your ideas further if you like.

h1922-gm@accor.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is a fabulous Balinese style resort. The service was beyond par, the location was quiet but with lots of external shops and restaurants. Easy access to Kuta.
The garden suite room on the beachside of the resort was brilliant with a delightful secluded personal garden and rainshower.
The main restaurant and beach restaurant provided great food and entertainment while the Croc Cafe provided pool cocktails and food when sitting around the pool.
I have to say this is one of the best relaxing holidays I have had and will definitely go back again and again and again
I loved the spa facility and the massages under the gazebos near the pool. The little touches such as a Frangipani on the bed each day after it was made and the slices of cake left for us.
Just the best place - I could live there

Room Tip: The garden suites on the beach side are just delightful with there own secluded garden and rain show...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pauline K
Dear Pauline K,
thank you so much for your review and we are very proud you rated our hotel 'The Best Hotel in Bali'.
My team and I are happy you enjoyed your stay in one of our Tropical Terrace Rooms and liked our Beach and Pool restaurants. Also thank you for mentioning the little details - I will share this with my team and it always feels good when our services and ideas are appreciated.
Looking forward to welcoming you again and again and again :).
Upper Bavaria, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed at Tropical Terrace room..for 6 days....it was beautiful set up room...they decorated our bed and tub with fresh roses petals since it was our honeymoon...being le club accor member we got a fruit basket ...the room was 1 minute away from beach and swimming pool. we spent our days around the pool or at beach maximum time...it was very relaxing....the beach side restaurant is available so you can relax and order food there only...

The hotel has different activites planned the whole week ..you would find the same time table in your room...buffets are arranged at different restaurants in the hnotel offering varierty of cuisines....me and my husband enjoyed massage lesson activyt alot...I enjoyed aquaerobics with the instructor ..,.was so much fun..

Staff - the staff was very friendly. Alwas having smile at thr face from the reeption desk to the cleaning staff...when we used to be back from brekfast, the rooms were cleaned - which I liked a lot...when we used to be back in evening...we had a good night note on our bed with the max and min temp of day...i liked this alot..I am alwas pleased with small small gestures but they mean a lot...

Nusa Dua area - you may like this area if you want to be around the lot of locals or shopping areas or the centre of the city...this place is far away from the hussle bustle of the city...hence was perfect for a relaxing honeymoon....though we were able to visit ubud, kuta...you can rent a taxi and go anywhere....but watch out for peak traffic timings...

We had a very comfortable stay at novotel bali and would definitely recommend the hotels for families with kids and couples.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NBB1922, General Manager at Novotel Bali Benoa, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear nancysachdeva,
thank you for your detailed and positive guest review and for recommending our resort.
I am happy to read you had a pleasant and memorable honeymoon with us and that you tried out many of our activities and enjoyed our services.
Looking forward to welcoming you again - maybe at one of your anniversaries :).
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Great family hotel stayed 2 weeks with 2 adults and 2 children great place great people will defantly stay again thank you for a pleasant experience kids club was great all staff got to know our children by name pools were beautiful beach sand was a bit ordinary when you first walk in but comes good about 10 feet in will be back

• Stayed December 2012
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Me & fiance (now husband) were exploring Bali & choose Novotel Benoa for our last stop before leaving.
It is a decent 4 star hotel, however the bathroom has no bath tub.... too bad. Need to upgrade the bathroom amneties as it is a 4 star.

By the way, they gave us a welcome cake in the room. So sweet.
The service & breakfast is good. And there're nice restaurants in walking distance.
Good for family vacation, less for couple.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NBB1922, General Manager at Novotel Bali Benoa, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Young Fenfen,
thank you for your nice review on your recent stay.
Our Deluxe Rooms and Family Rooms in the Garden Wing are equipped with walk in showers with rainforest and hand shower. All other room types - Tropical Terrace Rooms, Beach Cabanas, Family Suites and Pool Villas have both - bathtub and walk in shower.
Our second largest pool in the Garden Wing is specially dedicated for individual travellers who want to enjoy a calm environment, our pool at the beach is our family pool. Also our Happy Hours offers and our restaurant on the beach are appreciated by couples and individuals.
Thank you for recommending our resort as a relaxing place and we would be happy to welcome you again in our resort.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

we stayed here for 10 nights this november. i chose this place because it could accommodate families comfortably and had good reviews, particularly re the kids club. over the course of that time, we had four family rooms due to plumbing issues, but our fourth room for our final three nights was an upgrade. despite the annoying issues with plumbing and having to shift a family of four three times because of that, the duty manager was as helpful as he could have been, and i do not fault him. he gave us not only the upgrade to the AMAZING deluxe family apartment on the beach side of the road, he also threw in a free pass for two adults to the bali safari zoo and a free massage for my husband and me (which was average at best, but i didn't have the heart to tell the lady at the feedback time at the end). the staff were all friendly and accommodating at all times, and nothing was too much trouble for them. very good treatment from all staff at all times and a genuine desire to please carries a lot of weight with me, even if things don't always go according to plan. baby sitting booked through the hotel for our one year old was cheap, at just au$3.50/hr and the lady we got was lovely and would do whatever you wanted her to with your child, be it swim or stay in the play centre or walk the hotel grounds or accompany you out. the kids club for my 4 year old was just okay. i wouldn't rave about it. the out door/patio areas of the family rooms on the garden side where we first stayed before the upgrade were not great, as they were not enclosed, and kids could walk easily into neighbouring patios and beyond, so they always needed to be supervised out there, which became tiring. our upgraded family apartment however, was well enclosed and great, though i believe not all of them were fully enclosed according to our neighbours, so you'd have to ask specifically. room service meals were delicious at all times and presented beautifully by very courteous staff. the beach was not great - i much prefer sanur beach area for it's walking paths and beach front restaurants etc (where we had stayed 3 years earlier) but there were plenty of pools at the hotel. there were plenty of cheap restaurants outside the hotel - some more kid friendly than others. for kids, try the seafood restaurant with light blue and white signage and colour scheme on the garden side of the road. the food was good and the staff interacted really well with the kids and helped them play on their two wooden rocking horses, which you can see from the road. sorry, can't remember the name of the restaurant though i'm afraid. cardimum restaurant a little further up the road had lovely food and service. the hotel buffet breakfast was lovely and the wait staff too.overall though, i'd try somewhere else next time - mostly because i didn't like the beach atmosphere here compared to other places in bali we've stayed, namely sanur. this hotel though is fine, there's nothing wrong with it and it does its best to deliver. the staff are all exceptional, from the groundsmen to the cleaners to the front desk people. if you want lots of space for a family and a separate room for kids, it delivers.

Room Tip: if travelling with little kids, ask for a room with an enclosed patio if possible. also, if booking...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NBB1922, General Manager at Novotel Bali Benoa, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Ilbaxter,
thank you fro the detailed guest comment. Please take my apologies that the first rooms you got were not up to your standard but I am happy that it could be solved to your satisfaction.
If I may say I am a little disappointed that you still give us the hard rating of 'three points' despite saying 'this hotel though is fine, there's nothing wrong with it and it does its best to deliver. the staff are all exceptional' - I guess we tried really hard to make your holdiays a relaxing and memorable one.
Regards
Melia Bali Indonesia
Melia Bali Indonesia
#15 of 54 in Nusa Dua
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,819 reviews

Been to Novotel Bali Benoa? Share your experiences!