“Relaxing Honeymoon stay”
Review of Novotel Bali Benoa

Novotel Bali Benoa
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at Novotel Bali Benoa during our stay in Bali, the hotel was clean , nice and very quite also. we enjoyed the beach side walks and also the live music played by the hotel people by personally going to each customer. the food was also very good and the rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
NBB1922, General Manager at Novotel Bali Benoa, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear SwarnaSharma,
thank you for your positive review on your honeymoon with us. My team and I are happy that you could have flawless and memorable holiday in our resort.
Looking forward to welcoming you again for one of your anniversaries :).
With my best regards
h1922-gm@accor.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,057)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We would like to say a huge Thank you to Novotel Benoa. We held our Wedding there and it was amazing!! Everything was perfect. Yuli our wedding co-ordinator was unbelievable, Yuli went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect, an amazing lady,Thanks Yuli :)
Super friendly staff, Kid friendly, loved the free kids club for over 5 year olds, brillant idea!
All in all was a fantastic place to stay, all of our 40 guests who also stayed at Novotel Benoa said they will definately return.
Thanks again for everything

Room Tip: Would definately recommend the beach garden villa, Stunning!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Abbie G

Dear Abbie G,
it feels good to read your review and we are happy that we could create a memorable wedding experience for you and your guests.
Thank you very much for your recommendation and also on the comment on Yuli who will get a bonus for her exceptional services.
Looking forward to welcoming you again at our resort.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Our family (2 adults and 3 children under 4 years) found the hotel to be perfect for us. I researched the area and hotels in great detail before travelling which I think ensured that we had a smooth and enjoyable holiday. All the staff were great and I felt a bit sad to leave everyone when it was time to go. A special mention to the gardener (Nyoman) near our room who was always accommodating to our inquisitive 4 year son.

We were picked up from the airport by hotel transfer and checked into our family suite on the beachside without any problems - the portacot was even in the room! The kids loved having their own room and the separate lounge area was great for our rest time in the afternoon - DVD player provided. We used just about all the facilities in the hotel - restaurants, pools, kids club, spa, laundry service and all were very good. Our kids were too young for kids club to be fully utilised but we did join in a couple of the activities like balinese dance lessons, dressing up in balinese costumes and egg painting the rest of the time we were in the beach side pool and at the beach both great for kids.

The location of the hotel was great. Not too busy and nice and quiet. The daily evening entertainment was great. We didn't venture too far from the hotel because of the age of the children but we did manage to go out on a glass bottom boat, diving, fishing and snorkelling.

Couple of points: Quite a few mossies in the family suite garden area which could do with a proper fogging now and again - but the hotel does provide as much mossie spray as you need and mossie coils so all good.

The beach in under some maintenance due to the high tides washing it away - bit lumpy but no big deal as there are plenty of pools to choose from. The bulldozer in the evening was a bit of an eyesaw but the happy hour cocktails soon made the beach worries disappear!

Would love to go back to the hotel one day.

Room Tip: Book on the beach side we booked a family suite and a tropical terrace room and both were lovely. T...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lisa T

Dear Lisa T,
thank you for your review on your family stay in one of our Family Suites. I am happy to read you enjoyed and used all our services - my team is always happy when our guests join our free activities.
Thank you for pointing out the two items and please be assured that we take care of the mosquitos seriously and we try to keep them as few as possible in our resort.
Now as the raining season is starting again we do fogging twice a week - 1 time spraying only, 1 time real 'fogging'.
Thank you for your kind understanding for our beach project and it is almost finished. We added thousands of square meters of sand to our beach for our guests to have a larger beach available again.
Thank you again for your recommendations and detailed comments so future travellers get a good picture on our services.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here for about 4 nights, this was my first time in Bali. My friend has stayed here so many times.  Hotel is very peaceful, resort atmosphere, staff do friendly and also very convenient to shop.

Swimming pool was great.

Breakfast is wonderful, Shame that I gain lots of weight after this trip!!!

Dinner here we had Seafood Buffet....for me I think it's only "so so"

We love "happy hour" which you can get 2 same drink for one drink price, I love how they make "Piña Colada" very impressive, I ordered Piña colada and my friend ordered Classic mojito and we shared drink....bit irritated that we have to get 1 Piña colada and 1 Classic mojito which we both want to start piña colada first but staff not compromise!

The beach is under construct while we stayed, so not a good time to sit while truck and machine working...

Free wifi and paid one didn't  make any difference on speed....so slow also keep dropping.... But at least they provide free wifi which I can access from my room....oh! One more thing I can't connect to my office work mail from Novotel Internet,but can with other place....so please check on this....

One bad thing we experienced this time was the water, Novotel only gave us 2 bottles of drinking water (1.5 liters) then they provide water dispenser so we can get water from that machine....
We think it ruin and downgrade Novotel image and reputation....
We don't think that drinking water is that expensive compare to how much we pay for staying there....otherwise Novotel will lose lots of greatest guest...

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
NBB1922, General Manager at Novotel Bali Benoa, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Kriang,
thank you for sharing your review on your recent stay with us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our resort's peaceful atsmosphere.
Thank you for bringing up some areas to improve and please be assured we will treat your input seriously.
Our beach project is nearly finished and we tried to keep the impairments for our guests as low as possible and allowing the works only from 18.00-22.00, none of the guest rooms are effected and the beach could be used during the day as normal. These works were necessary as huge parts of our beach has been washed away by high tides, mid of november it will be restored again.
Thank you for mentioning that you vaule our free internet offer for rooms and all public areas. We changed for this option end of October (offering free at 256 kbps and paying at 1mbps). During the change our internet company was fixing some bugs, also we will alloctae more speed to the paying offer in the future.
In our Deluxe Rooms we offer refillable glass bottles of mineral water as one of our 'environmental activities'. The water gallons in the guest room corridors are more environmental friendly, besides our guests can refill their bottles how often they like :). In our Tropical Terrace Rooms, Beach Cabanas and Pool Villas we replace the bottles on a daily basis (but this area doesn't have free water gallons available).
I hope I could answer your comments and I will train my team to communicate our policies better.
Thank you again for your detailed obeservations and please be assured that we constantly evaluate our services.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I will say the 5 day stay in this hotel was a mixed experience, we found the staff generally friendly, and their in house transportation drivers fabulous, as were the bar staff for happy hour each night. The birthday cake on my birthday was a nice touch which won a lot of brownie points, unfortunately other factor I will list below detracted from the experience.

Check In. we arrived arround 18:30 and were adviced house keeping had to change a lamp globe, please wait 5 minutes, I explained we had been on the go since 6 that morning and just wanted to dump our bags, and didn't care about a globe, the understanding of english dropped significantly, 15 minutes later we demand to go to our room, we get assigned a new room, on the way we pass our original room, there are staff making up the room, we are told someone checked out late, but why were we lied to to begin with ?

Cool so we have a room, updated from our original room i suspect, all is well. We have a quick meal, then retire to the room, we struggle to find where the air con is, its pointed out toward the door, no airflow at all onto the bed where we will sleep, the turning fan has 2 speeds, on and off, the difference between the two modes is insignificant. We can endure that, its not the end of the world, off to sleep we go. 02:45 and we are woken up by a chorus of Rosters making their calls into the night, this goes on all night, we were not told that the block backs onto a farm. This happens every night. Every 15 or so minutes.. cock-a-doodle-dooo.

We ordered room service, which was deliverd quickly and was very nice, the tray and dishes were removed from our room the following morning and put in the hall way, it took 3 days before these and other glasses and plates were removed. The cleaners took them outside, but they were not picked up.

The Morning after the room service, we have our breakfast, go into the internet room, and within 15 minutes both mine, and my partners stomachs were cramping, great food poisoning, so we rush back to our room, we both empty out, but take medication to help us, soon as i am able i go and report this to the service desk, i meet some manager in charge of catering, who notifies me it likely only an 8 hour bug, but he will look into it. For me it lasted all day, i basically wrote off a day and i never heard back to see if i was better, or to say if they found anything. Lucky for us we travel prepared.

The hotel is seperated by a busy road used by locals, while the hotel does provide a road guard to help you cross, we found the locals, particularly at night dont slow down, we were almost cleaned up a couple of time, this is no fault of the hotel though.

The only thing missing was Manuel and Basil

Room Tip: Make sure you are in the main complex, and not across the road in the 4xx and 5xx rooms, they back o...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
NBB1922, General Manager at Novotel Bali Benoa, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear IainMel2012,
thank you for your informative review on your recent stay with us and I am glad you liked some of our services.
Please take my apologies for the check in experiences, I will take this example to train our front office staff again to increase our services at arrival to allow a speedy and flawless check in.
The air condition device is hidden on purpose to avoid a direct air flow and to create a cooling air circulation in the whole room.
We would have been happy to change your room allocation to another area if you were disturbed by the roosters in the morning.
I am sorry to hear about the 'Bali Belly' condition and please be assured that we take this information seriously as the contamination can happen at the hotel but also in other areas.
I met a guest with the same condition a couple of weeks ago just to find out they had a day trip two days before and had meals on the road the whole day. I am not saying it cannot happen in our hotel but this condition can have various reasons from water to toilet usage and outside food. Our hotel caters for approximately 300 to 400 guests every day, and I honestly can say that there were no other cases reported during your stay with us.
With all due respect I do not share some of your exaggerations in your comment like the street crossing to our Garden Wing Deluxe Rooms. We secure our street 24/7 with our security staff, I cross this street on daily basis and our guests and myself were never 'almost cleaned up a couple of times'.
Regards

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We did a TON of research on which hotel to stay at during our honeymoon in Bali (by we, I mean my husband).

We finally decided on the Novotel due to our price preferences, and online reviews and we were not disappointed. We had a very cute bungalow right near the pool on the beach side. The room was huge. We loved the tub outside in the back (although we never technically used it). The shower was spacious, and had good water pressure. Big bathroom, two sinks. And we loved our little patio area out front with two lounge chairs.

The beach was really nice, and there was never any competition or race for chairs, there were plenty. The beach food and drink service could be a little better. We found we were always having to go find someone to order drinks or food.

There are vendors on the beach but they can only come so close to where the chairs are so we never really felt bothered by them.

The breakfast buffet was excellent. Tons of choices and an omelet station. We ate there every day for a week and never felt it got old.

The beach front restaurant was great for lunches and reasonably priced. The fish was always fresh and well prepared.

Although there were kids, I never found them bothersome to our romantic honeymoon.

Happy hour specials were nice too. :)

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sycamoria,
thank you for your review on your honeymoon and on your positive menitoning of your Beach Cabana, the beach and our food and beverage offers. We are proud that after all the research on the internet before your trip and considering all aspects including the price for value you chose our hotel. My team and I are happy we could make this holiday for you special and memorable.
With my best regards

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We booked this hotel for three nights for our first family vacation with our baby daughter and we really loved it. During check-in, hotel staff were very friendly, professional and quickly resolved our concern about the quality and readiness of the room (beach terrace) that they initially gave us. They immediately transferred us to another beach terrace room nearby with much better condition. The room was spacious king-size bed and a great bath room.

The property is fabulous, relatively well maintained and kids friendly. Our 14 months year old daughter had fun visiting the Kids Club where she super friendly attendants greeted her and even remembered her name on the next day when she visited the place again. Although the toys were mostly for 2 years old and up, the layout and colorful setting of the Club is already a magnet for kids. The pool near the beach was also great and we really enjoyed playing there with our daughter because there were lots of families with kids too. Breakfast was fabulous. I must say they have very good croissant and pastries, perhaps even better than those in several 5 star hotels in Jakarta. On Sunday, the pastries were a bit stale though. But they got better and better during the weekdays. Eggs station was great with very good female staff cooking eggs at top notch quality and taste. Breakfast buffet also offers good variety of hot meals, cold cuts, fruits and yoghurts. The other unexpected surprise was a special section for kids to play while having breakfast, equipped with a long table and chairs where kids can sit and a “menu” consists of cereals and cakes. Our daughter loved that place. Although it was not offered in the buffet, we asked a restaurant staff if they had a fresh apple because our daughter likes it, the staff (Suparta and the other one starts with M who were there on Monday) immediately went to the kitchen and got a fresh uncut apple for her. We certainly thought that was a very nice and we did not take that for granted. In sum, we really like this resort and recommend to those that have small kids that are looking for a resort in Bali. We certainly would come again to Novotel Tanjung Benoa and recommend others to stay here.

Nevertheless, we also have some suggestions for the hotel management to reflect internally. There seems to be internal issues that the management should discuss with hotel staff. My wife and I both and separately experienced cases when hotel staff trying to offer us services “off the book” at lower price. Because we are natives, we also encountered disgruntled staff talking about work condition (such as requirement to take qualification at own costs, etc). Surprisingly, those comments came from staff that have been working for the hotel since its early days. Hotel management might want to look for ways to ensure improvement in staff livelihood because staff should be proud to work for Novotel. Also, please do proper cleaning in breakfast area for kids using food grade cleaner. We found the long wooden table dirty and had to empty our wet towels do clean it before our daughter can sit and use it. Additional cleaning for toys and maintenance for the Kids Club is necessary because it is almost a basement.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Sjamsu
NBB1922, General Manager at Novotel Bali Benoa, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Sjamsu,
thank you for your positive and detailed comment on your recent family stay with us. My team and I are happy to read that you enjoyed being with us and had relaxing 3 days in our resort. Thank you for pointing out the areas for improvement, I will look into both issues and discuss it with my managers.
Looking forward to welcoming you again at the Novotel Bali Benoa.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Benoa
#5 of 27 in Tanjung Benoa
Melia Bali
Melia Bali
#14 of 54 in Nusa Dua

Been to Novotel Bali Benoa? Share your experiences!