“Outstanding food and service”
Review of Sakala Beach Club

Sakala Beach Club
Ranked #10 of 81 Restaurants in Tanjung Benoa
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open lunch and dinner, this expansive beachfront establishment comprises a refined indoor dining room with dramatic decor plus the open-air sky deck. Both confer palm fringed Indian Ocean views and accept reservations from hotel guests as well as outside diners. Reserve a private Kul Kul room for intimate gatherings among friends overlooking the Indian Ocean, or takeover the VIP lounge to party into the tropical night.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is the third time we have been to this restaurant and it continues to be one of the best restaurants we have been to in Bali. It has a very modern setting and you have the choice of sitting inside, eating outside looking over the pool or eating outside looking over the beach. The service is first class and the waiters know the menu well. Chef Frédéric Boulay is innovative and obviously a perfectionist and even the dishes he used were creative. His presentation was so good it was like an artwork. I didn't want to eat it for fear of messing it. However the taste equalled the appearance. The wine list is extensive and they specialise in cocktails. For a special occasion this restaurant is a must.

Janick C, Manager at Sakala Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear MimiPerth,

Receiving such a positive review from a returning guest is especially pleasing to Chef and I. Thank you so much for taking the time to post it for other travellers to see.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

A must-go restaurant! Pampered yourself in this amazing atmosphere. Marvellous fine dining cuisine presentation and arrangement. Extra excellence staff service, have the waiter/waitress serve you like a king/queen with the heavenly tasty food.
Offered welcome homemade bread and dessert marshmallow & chocolate after dinner.
Free return transport to the restaurant for the hotel guest staying nearby.

Dear Shirley T,

I am so pleased to hear that our team was able to make you feel extra special during your visit with us.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience 

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We visited this restaurant after looking at the reviews and were not disappointed. Even the rain couldn't dampen the night. We were picked up from our hotel with the complimentary shuttle service they run. The decor, food and staff are excellent. Yes it is pricey for Bali but average restaurant prices for Sydney yet well above average in every other way.

Dear Jen B,

Thank you very much for your great comments about our service, menu and value. I am very happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We found the Sakala advertised in a local magazine when we were looking for something stylish & romantic to conclude our visit to Bali.

Boy, were we not disappointed!!! The place is fabulous, the welcome was warm and personalized. After introductions the staff kept referring to us by our names, which I personally find a great touch of customer service!

The atmosphere & candlelit dining area was intimate & romantic. The food was plentiful and delicious. Without a doubt the best Western food that we have ever had in Bali. Similar to some our other fellow travelers, our only regret was that we had not found this place earlier.

We will certainly go back on our next visit. And as for you, dear reader, you REALLY do not want to miss it!!

1  Thank Frank H
Janick C, Manager at Sakala Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Frank H,

I am thrilled to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations with our ambiance, menu and service. Thank you very much for the enthusiastic recommendation and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Incredible meal. Incredible atmosphere. We picked Sakala based in it being no1 in the area on tripadvisor. Occasionally we are wary that restaurants have been given good reviews based purely on value for money/ease etc. Sakala is both of these but so much more. Exuding class in its decoration and oozing sophistication in its food - this restaurant has it all and should you have a spare slot for a meal, you'd REALLY be missing out if you didn't visit.

The starter (foie gras) was the best assortment of tastes in a foie gras I had ever tasted. Literally, the best. I've been to most major cities in the world and have eaten at a large variety of "upper class" restaurants and this dish blew every starter I've ever had straight out the water.

The main was a fillet of steak. The meat was delicious, cooked perfectly and tender. I've had one or two (literally) steaks that were ever so slightly better - but the accompanying (included) sides made this dish sensational. The best blend of favours I've ever experienced with a steak. And since steak is my favourite main course that makes this....you guessed it - my favourite meal I've ever eaten out at a restaurant.

The food isn't fussy or obnoxious like you'd expect from some higher end establishments - it's just downright tasty whilst still being exotic yet familiar.

The Ferraro rocher cocktail is amazing.

We paid just about £200 including wine & 4 cocktails for 4 dishes (we asked for a dish from the tasting plate which they complied with without a fuss and charged us a very reasonable £6-7 for) in addition to starter/main/dessert. You could easily cut this bill in half if you weren't drinking/3 courses which relates to remarkable value for money compared to hotel restaurants in the area.

There were also several small touches that made a big difference. It was our honeymoon and like others on here, they gave us a hand-signed (by every staff member) card. Some people would call this a gimmick and not special that they give it to everyone on honeymoon but for me it just re-enforced their attentiveness. The fact it was hand signed is, to date, by far the most impressive touch a restaurant has done for me for a special occasion.

I cannot re-iterate enough, this is a must visit venue. You'd be mad to miss out on an exceptional restaurant that is an absolute bargain for the price.

Dear London235,

I do not think that I will be able to craft an answer that can match the kindness and enthusiasm of your wonderful review. The team and I are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others and I hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again very soon.