“Good dive but...”

Bali Jet Set Dive and Marine Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Bali Jet Set Dive and Marine Sports is Bali's newest and most exclusive water sports centre. Located on the white sandy beach in the south of Bali, our mission is to provide outstanding five-star scuba diving and water sports facilities, services and equipment to our guests within a safe and eco-friendly environment. We offer both motorised and non-motorised water sports. We are an authorized PADI 5 Star Dive Centre. All of our tours, activities and courses are strictly private, we do not mix groups. Come join us for a fantastic day of water sports activities!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities
Winchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Good dive but...”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had two good dives at Padang Bay. The organisation was great, the equipment good and we enjoyed our lunch very much. I only give an average rating for the following reason. My boyfriend I both felt that our guide didnt really want to be there, and just wanted to get the whole thing over and done with. He slept and snored loudly most of the journey both ways as we travelled between Seminyak and Padang Bay. In addition the drive itself was pretty unnerving. We're used to the roads and style of driving in Bali, however this was particularly extreme a left us both feeling a bit shaken. Overall the dive was great but for the relatively large amount of money we paid would expect slightly more care and attention on the day.

Visited June 2013
Rhonda L, Owner at Bali Jet Set Dive and Marine Sports, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear alynettes1987,

Thank you for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review for us. On behalf of the entire team at Bali Jet Set we would like to apologise for the poor performance of both our Divemaster and our driver on the day of your dive to Padang Bay.

We are delighted that you were pleased with the organization, equipment, the dives and the food. However, we are absolutely mortified and truly saddened by this review as we failed to deliver a wonderful comprehensive experience on the day.

The Divemasters have strict orders NOT to sleep in the car, they should be engaging and talking to the guests (unless the guests want to sleep or be left alone, of course). Obviously our Divemaster clearly failed on the day. The driver has strict orders to drive slowly and carefully, obviously he didn't listen either. We have had guests comment that our drivers are driving too slow but we would prefer that we get this sort of feedback that they are erring on the side of caution rather than driving in a manner that makes our guests in any way uncomfortable!

Both behaved in a way that is TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE for our standards here and they knew better. Both have been put on suspension for one week with no pay and have also received written warnings. At the moment we are seriously considering terminating their employment as they both completely ignored the rules and the procedures which are very clear and set forth in writing in our operations manual. They both have been with us almost three years since we opened our new operation and we are completely and totally shocked and disappointed with their performance on the day. They know better but on the day they chose not to listen so they shall suffer the consequences of their poor performance and their actions.

On behalf of the entire team here we can only apologize for our failure of our team to deliver a great day out. Unfortunately the poor performance of two individuals has a serious and negative impact on our entire company and all of the people that work here.

Again we are SO VERY SORRY and hope that you will accept our sincere apologies on behalf of all of us here at Bali Jet Set. We will also contact you separately as we want to apologise in person.

All of our staff here will read your review today. We will do everything possible to ensure that a similar situation does not happen in the future and that we never disappoint any of our guests again.

With warm regards and sincere apologies,

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Luzon, Philippines
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Fun, safe, pro divers”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I had my first 2 dives with them and take note, I am not a certified diver, and I was afraid of sharks and felt claustrophobic in the ocean - that being said, I enjoyed myself tremendously after only a 20 min orientation and pool work :) granted, I learn fast, but I felt very safe, and the guides were patient with me. They're not cheap, but worth every penny. I'd love to go back again, as a certified diet this time!

Visited June 2013
Rhonda L, Owner at Bali Jet Set Dive and Marine Sports, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Cassie D,

Thank you so very very much for taking the time to post such a wonderful Trip Advisor review for us! We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your first scuba diving experience with us and that we were able to contribute to making your holiday here in Bali extra special!

You are correct in that we’re not the cheapest provider on the island and we are absolutely delighted that you felt that your day with us was good value for money. We are quite different than other dive centres in that all of our activities, dives, tours, etc are strictly private. This is slightly more expensive that some of the other shops that mix large groups. But we feel that it provides for a much more safe, exclusive and relaxed scuba diving experience. There is no need to rush as the instructor is dedicated only to you and you go at your own pace.

We hope that you will come back and do your Open Water course with us very soon in the future.

Thank you again for your wonderful review and we hope to see you back in beautiful Bali very soon!

With warm regards and HUGE thanks from all of us at Bali Jet Set!
Chicago, Illinois
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Perfect”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Bali Jet Set is everything you want in taking a break from the touristy things in Kuta. They picked us up from our hotel promptly, and my brother and I went scuba diving in the ocean near their facility. Everyone was professional, friendly and the equipment was top notch. They offer tons of different water activities. They offer showers, lockers, plenty of bathrooms, we did everything at our own pace, we never felt rush. If you want to spend some time on the water in Bali, look here!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank chicagoexile
Dear chicagoexile,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post such a lovely Trip Advisor review for us! We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your scuba diving with us! Whether diving, doing water sports or just relaxing our private beach and facility is designed for a full day of water sports fun, food and relaxation!

We are also very happy that you were pleased with our equipment and our services. We are quite different than our competitors in that we are a low volume boutique operator and accept a limited number of bookings each day. This allows guests to go at their own pace and enjoy their day with us. All of our activities such as the scuba diving are strictly private, also, we do not mix groups. This makes for a much more safe, exclusive and relaxed water sport experience!

Thank you again for your wonderful review and for your support. We hope to see you back on our beautiful island again very soon!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Perfect example of what "customer service" should be.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Had my very first intro scuba dive today with Bali Jet Set Dive and Marine Sports today and I must say, their customer service was beyond my expectation. To start off with, although it was a last minute booking, Rhonda got back to me very quickly and was able to book in right away. 2ndly, pick up driver and "client relationship manager" was at my hotel on time, in fact earlier than pick up time. They were both friendly and i felt very welcomed. As soon as I get to BJSDMS, I was very impressed how clean the whole place was and how friendly and welcoming all the staff were, and they all made sure i was feeling comfortable the whole time i was there.
Then, I was introduced to Macok; my instructor. He was thorough and patient with me. As a very very beginner, I was a lil nervous at first but thanks to Macok, turned out to be an amazing experience! Couldnt have done it without him.

and at the end, they even gave me a CD with all the photos and videos on it!
I will happily recommend
BJSDMS to anyone and everyone. Great value for money! Thank you so much and I'm so gonna come back next year to try out open water! -Kuni

Visited June 2013
Rhonda L, Owner at Bali Jet Set Dive and Marine Sports, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Kuni K,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful Trip Advisor review for us! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your day with us and that we were able to contribute to making your stay here in Bali a wonderful one!

We will specially recognize Macok who was your Divemaster on the day for a job well done. He is one of our most experienced divers and has been diving Bali’s waters for over 20 years. He is wonderful with beginners and is a very patient man. He also gets a big sparkle in his eye when a first time diver comes up and really loves the dive and wants to continue his/her education and diving in the future!

We are also pleased that enjoyed our facilities and our services and that we were able to exceed your expectations!

We would be absolutely delighted to book your Open Water course during your next visit to Bali!

Thank you again from all of us at Bali Jet Set for your kind review and for your support.

We hope to welcome you back to Bali Jet Set again very soon!

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Paradise water sports!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I went to Bali for my pre-honeymoon trip and I got myself a day up at Amed to snorkel. It was a long drive up to the snorkeling area because of the jam along the way due to some temple procession.

It is a pity that the waves were very huge that day at Amed and it rained so I was quite worried. But the guide, Tiar (I hope I spelt his name correctly) was quick to offer a second place and so we went to another snorkeling site. (They also offered to refund us the money should we feel that the second place was unsuitable too!) It was a shipwreck place with plenty of fish near the shipwreck. The waves were big too but there were people snorkeling and they said the visibility was okay.

I must say that this is the first time I am snorkeling but Tiar ensured that I was okay and was very encouraging. Though the waves were st

Visited June 2013
Rhonda L, Owner at Bali Jet Set Dive and Marine Sports, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear JoanneLim89,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post such a wonderful Trip Advisor review for us!

We are delighted that despite the weather and the traffic due to the ceremony you still had a great day out and got to see the USAT Liberty Shipwreck in Tulamben. It’s a fantastic snorkeling site and as the top of the wreck starts at 4 meters the site is great for both snorkeling and scuba diving.

We are so sorry about the conditions in Amed and the rain on the day. But if conditions at one site are not good then we always offer an alternative site or a full refund if we are not able to deliver a wonderful day out, even though some things such as weather and ceremony traffic are beyond our control.

We are also pleased that you were happy with the team that took good care of you on the day and we will ensure that Tierre, your guide for the day, and Gede, your driver for the day receive special recognition for a job well done.

Thank you so much for booking with us and we hope to see you again in beautiful Bali during your next visit!