“Check your itinerary”
Review of The Segara Suites

The Segara Suites
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Tanjung Benoa
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed 6 nights with 3 adults & 2 children aged 8 & 9. Bedding was insufficient for our group and one of my sons had to sleep on a stained mattress on the floor. The manager was helpful but wanted to charge me for the mattress!! Also, our booking included breakfast - don't expect too much on this one. However again, the manager tried to charge us for one of the boys to eat each day. The room overall was good though the bathrooms could do with a good detail. Dirty under floor mats, shower glass not clean and toilet needed a good dose of bleach!
We also had the privelidge of listening to wailing thru a loud speaker across the road at the temple all day and night for the first 3 days. This made it impossible to get the boys to sleep as it was constant and very loud. The pool was not clean and I wouldn't allow my boys to swim there. The restaurants up the road had pools so we spent alot of time there. The staff at reception were good though one of the chaps had very little understanding of English.
Overall this place served it's purpose but I am sure we could find something cleaner, quieter with a nicer pool down the road next time.

Room Tip: Ocean facing rooms are away from the templ over the road
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank maja57
Astiti G, Manager at The Segara Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Maja57

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay.., We have clarified the content of our product and breakfast agreement with your Travel agent in Australia to avoid similar misunderstanding in the future to the customer.

In regards to your inputs on service, we have drilled down the issue till the staff level for them to be more alert in giving best service. Trainings are also given to them to be more consistent in excellence service

As for the noise from local temple, it is actually happening every six months when we have temple ceremony and I am sorry if you are being disturbed by that, as some people find it enjoyable.

Most of all, we will take serious look on your comment and will be ready if you give us a chance to serve you better in your future stay

There are newer reviews for The Segara Suites

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in their 2 bed room with special price from DisDus.com. So it is a very great value for this luxury condotel.

It located at the edge of Tanjung Benoa. Near Ramada Suites.

They have direct access to the beach. But don’t expect a private beach. Because the beach also used by water sports agents. You also can see sunrise from ocean view balcony room.

Likes :
• Spacious in Everything : Living Room, Bed Room, Kitchen, Bath Room
• Very Fast Check In & Check Out
• Luxury brand of equipment
• Shower & Bath Tub available
• Great view of ocean from my balcony – equipped with 1 lazy bed
• Direct access to the beach for water sports
• Cool AC in every room
• Complete kitchen appliances : gas stove complete with the exhaust fan, large fridge, 2 sink, complete set of dining equipment (spoon,various glass,pot,pan etc),coffee maker,toaster – you can cook your own food here easily.
• Big sofa in Living Room (especially for non ocean view room) equipped with 42” LCD & DVD Sound System
• Dining table for 4 persons
• Nice pool in the ground floor
• Half butler service
Dislikes :
• Not responsive room service – I asked for exchange of smelly bed cover & pillow case. But they improved in the second day as they make up my room twice.
• Limited breakfast menu – not buffet type
• Location is too far from good restaurant
• Toilet seats looks yellow – but still acceptable
• Noisy sound from water sport activities & buses

Overall, I recomend this condotel if you want to stay together with families & children in Tanjung Benoa.

Room Tip: Ocean View room for sunrise view or Non Ocean View room for more spacious living room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear BryaNinda,

Thank you very much for your comment, we are glad that overall you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We have noted your constructive input on the service which we will surely take a serious measure for improvement. Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Segara Condotel

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I bought a two night vouchers at Segara Condotel based on their pricing alone. I felt dissapointed at first when I arrived since the front office is quite small. However, all my feelings were changed immidiately when I arrived at my room: there were Jaccuzi, swimming pool and a large living room. The living room was so large that my two kids can actually run around and play inside. The room was very cozy as well. This made my kids comfortable inside and didn’t want to go outside. As for me and my husband, we spend our private time romantically at the jacuzzi to strengthen our relationship. There was a place near the condotel which we could play water sport at a reasonable price. Overall, we are very satisfied with the service, the hospitality and the surrounding views. Hopefully we can stay at Segara in next holiday at Bali, Thank you very much.. from : Lisa Jauhari

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Astiti G, Manager at The Segara Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Dear Ms. Lisa Jauhari,

We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel, especially the part on room size/facilities, location of attraction that we are really proud off.

We will keep improving our self to even serve you better on your next holiday at The Segara Condotel.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was my daughter’s (19 months) first experience trip to Bali.
When we arrived at Segara, she was running and jumping around with a big smile expressing how she loved this place, the spacious cozy room and more excited when she saw the Jacuzzi in front of our room (maybe she thought she has her own pool) . When I see her smile, I know, I choose the perfect place to spend our holiday. Since we’re taking a baby, comfortability comes to the first place and we are very glad to assure that Segara can complete it.
The staffs are so helpful, services us with smile and one more thing, we’re loved the breakfast which delivered to our room every morning. We’re sure that we never regret to choose Segara to spend our next holiday in Bali.

Room Tip: Rooms with jacuzzi and seaview are the best!

Dear Anggie Y,

We are happy to learn that you and your family have spent a very good time at our property, we will keep improving so that we could serve you better in your future stay.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stay for 3 nights at Segara Condotel. When I first came there, The floor was not cleaned yet, I don't know they cleaned the floor already before we came or not. But at that time, I call the room service to sweep the floor 1 more time and they immediately came to my room and clean the floor. Front desk was very kind, they explained everything to our family when we want to go to Tanah Lot and we found its very usefull.
Shower in my bedroom was broken, and they had to fix it. I told it might be better if you check everything and make sure that you don't miss anything. Because our satisfaction as a customer is the very first time we come to our room. We expect the good atmosfer and it gonna make our mood and our holiday better.
Hopefully can stay another time at Segara.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Our accommodation was arranged for us so were a little unsure of what to expect as there are mixed reviews on the internet.
We were very happy with the accommodation, location and staff. The apartment was very spacious, the beds comfortable, showers hot and airconditioning very welcome. The staff were welcoming and went out of their way to ask constantly if things were ok with our room. We would return to our room each evening to find the lights and airconditioning on and our beds turned back. Breakfast was included in our package and was served in our room each morning at our nominated time.

4  Thank Kerry G
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel manager, Gobi was very attentive to ensure that our inquiries were meet quickly and rectified issues swiftly. The staff are friendly and always so happy to help. The size of the hotel (small) is perfect as we are beyond enjoying space with hundreds of people with loads of kids in tow. Felt totally spoiled when the lads would turn down the beds at night while we were out at dinner. Our 2 bed apartment was overlooking the ocean and I would strongly recommend that these are the best ones to choose. Loved the breakfast in our apartment each morning - thank you!

Room Tip: Apartments overlooking the beach are the best.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple