“Spicy is GOOD”

Bumbu Bali
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Serving Bali's flavorful cuisine: Recognized as the leading Balinese Restaurant on the island and the recipient of numerous awards, Bumbu Bali is your guide into the many culinary treasures our island paradise has on offer. Our daily fish and vegetable market visits are a guarantee that we serve you only the finest ingredients found on Bali
Reviewed April 21, 2014

First time visit in this restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised, despite all the great reviews we read before.
The Reistafel we had was absolutely fabulous. A nice clear chicken soup for starters. The main dish was a bit of everything, spicy as we expected (being in Bali!) and more than enough for the two of us. The desert came as a small selection of fruits and various Balinese sweet rice dishes.
All in all, for Bali it is not exactly cheap, but absolutely worth the money. We enjoyed it a lot and are very much looking forward to our reservation there tonight.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,140)

Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband, daughter and I returned to Bumbu Bali again after dining there twice on our last trip to Bali. In our opinion, the food, atmosphere, service and overall experience was as wonderful as it was the first time. We had dinner over two consecutive nights and were looked after the lovely Novi both times. It was my husband's birthday on the first night and although I hadn't ordered a cake, the restaurant brought out a beautiful dessert platter singing 'Happy Birthday' at no charge which was a lovely touch. Next time we return to Bali we will definitely do their cooking class as I'd love to be able to cook this food at home (the cookbook is definitely worth getting). We look forward to our next trip to Bali and to more great meals at Bumbu Bali. Many thanks to all the staff for a great time.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

All the food was really amazing and tasted great! Try the deep fried tofu stuffed with fish and the diced fish in banana leaf. Staff was very friendly and attentive and was a big help in our selections. Wine list was pretty bottom shelf but it is everywhere else in Bali.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Food was really excellent we loved it, the staff were very friendly and it was a great evening so much so we went back the following night, they had traditional Bali dancing which we really enjoyed. You have to book a table in advance, that is how popular this restaurant is.

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

I was disappointed by the quality of the food. I've had much better Balinese food elsewhere and for much cheaper prices as well. I expected better given the rave reviews I see on the forums. Felt more like a tourist trap to me.