“Loved being right on the beach”

Kessingland Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Really pleased with resort took our little dog was really happy with large green walking area for our dog and then straight onto beach the only down side was as always the weather it let us down having a dog we were not aloud inside at all I think as they accept dogs they should accept them more

1  Thank Margaret H
Park R, General Manager at Kessingland Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you for choosing to holiday at Kessingland Beach, I am very pleased that you enjoyed our park and our amazing surroundings.
Unfortunately, we are unable to allow dogs within our main complex area for the safety of our guests.

We hope that you will choose Kessingland Beach again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Kessingland Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed with my daughters and 2 Grandsons for a long weekend. The caravan was dirty and the seating area cushions were badly worn. Luckily we were out most of the time.
The site is close to the beach with easy access, it is stony with little sand but the boys still had fun! We tried to go swimming but were too late as the pool closed at 5 - a little early I would think as the weather was so hot.
We decided to go to the club on Saturday evening to play Bingo and if we hadn't already bought the tickets we would have left early due to the terrible children's "entertainment" if you could call it that!
The staff need training on how to keep children amused. The games were in appropriate for the young children as they didn't seem to know what was going on. The idea seemed to be tire out the children so they would be quiet during the adults entertainment. We only went to the club once so can't say whether anything improved during the week. I hope so!
Also I think the star act Bucks Fizz could have been on earlier in my opinion as my Grandsons were so tired we had to take them back to the caravan.
It was a cheap holiday and the camp was close to Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth .
One of my daughters said she would go again but not me!

1  Thank Lancing123

Thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay with us here at Kessingland Beach. We are really sorry to hear that your visit did not meet your expectations.

The enjoyment, comfort and safety of all of our guests is always our primary concern. I have passed your comments on to our management team who are looking into them in more detail for you. If you would like to discuss any of your concerns further please do contact Steven, our Holiday Sales Manager, on 01502742 390.

I do hope that this experience will not deter you from holidaying with Park Resorts again in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have just come back from a week at Kessingland beach and I can say I loved the kids entertainment. We normally stay at Haven resorts but may consider Park resorts in future just for the entertainment as far more interactive and for kids of all ages.

The entertainment did change for slightly for older kids come Friday when high season started but mine of 6 still loved it, but would not win the games as older kids are far more advanced.

If I could take Rich, Cher, Declan, Callum and Laura to a park with better facilities and cleaner caravans/ areas then I would book it each and every year.

Loved the Sunday space show which the fun stars sang the songs themselves and danced for about 3/4 hour. Fab show keep in up. Narky, Sparky and Sparkle did a fairy tale like Snow White with songs from Frozen excellent as so upto date.

As for the park, we stayed in gold plus and the caravan was great but very dirty, had to get about 40% of the items from reception which were listed on the inventory as was not present. The caravan needed a clean, think park resorts need to review time cleaners are allocated to clean as I got a general impression this was the norm.

Facilities - club house good size not too big or too small and general cleanish. At the weekend they did have a problem with drains but I can say this was not a problem all week. Pools - outside too cold, indoors - too deep and could do with general clean and tidy. Changing rooms to pool - sorry we are in the 21 st century please change in changing rooms to none communal.

If someone can tell me a park resorts park that have a shallow pool for indoor and warmer outdoor pool with cleaner caravans but with the entertainment of the people I mentioned then please let me know as I will be there.

Room Tip: Higher the grade the better the caravan
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Helen F

Thank you for taking the time to review our holiday park. I have passed your comments regarding the entertainment to Rich and his team, who were overwhelmed by your kind words.

I was very saddened to read your comments concerning your accommodation - as a minimum standard every accommodation unit should be ready at the allocated check-in time and to a very high standard. We would appreciate it if you could contact Steven our Holiday Sales Manager on 01502 742 390, so that we can look into this further.

I hope that you will return to Kessingland Beach in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

My daughter booked this mobile home holiday and invited us along. Having once stayed in a Park Holiday resort at Camber Sands in one of the dirtiest, derelict slum chalet imaginable I was more than a little concerned about going again however Kessingland turned out to be a totally different experience.
As we unexpectedly arrived early we inquired about the times we could get into the chalet the receptionist was most helpful and politely told she us that the cleaning was still in progress so at the time impossible. However she later rang our mobile to inform us that if we wanted, the caravan was cleaned and we could go in whenever we wanted. One entering it was found to be spotless as opposed to the nightmare Camber sands Chalet that had to be re-cleaned and even then was only just acceptable. I can only come to the conclusion that there must be vast differences between Park holiday sites, with Kessingland at the top and Camber sands way down at the bottom.
Evening entertainment was very good and varied with a plenty for all age groups, they could have put the live bands on a little earlier though. They seemed to start about ten o`clock, which was no doubt OK for a lot of people but our seven and ten year old where tired out by then so after the start we had to go. The indoor swimming pool as well was very warm which suited me. and so my granddaughters tell me the outside was nice as well. I short a thoroughly nice stay and a place we could easily return to in the future.

3  Thank Strudders584

Thank you for your review. It was great to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay here, as the park team work very hard to ensure that our standards remain high for all of our guests.

I have passed your comments regarding the entertainment timing to Rich our Entertainment Manager, and he will look into this.

We hope that you choose to return to us soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here for 1 week at the end of June. We rented a 2 bed, brand new, top of the range sea front caravan. The views of the sea and beach were excellent.
We sat on the verandah when it wasn't blowing a gale- only
problem with sea front position!
The site isn't too big or hilly and is sited on the beach. We watched lots of people walking their dogs every day and were worried that the beach would be full of dogs mess. There was hardly any, which was good.
The beach is compacted shingle/grass leading to shingle and small bits of golden sand. It is very clean and the sea is too. My other half went swimming and enjoyed it on a hot day!
The indoor swimming pool was v v busy on Sunday. It was like a bath compared to the outdoor pool where we went to escape the crowds. It's supposed to be heated but I thought I was getting frostbite until I started swimming! I went from 9-10 for the Adult lane swim. It wasn't busy and was ideal. Only problem was on the last Friday the Lifeguard didn't turn up so no swimming that morning-late night?!
We went and played Bingo- we always do on Hols! The prizes were big and it was well organised but parents should control children running around and being noisey. Bar staff were friendly and helpful as was Reception.
We went to the Saturday Cabaret. It was a Madness/Specials tribute and was absolutely fantastic. They got the place going and were so professional. It was busy but we managed to get a seat.
The site is clean, spacious and ideal for visiting Southwold, Oulton Broad, Lowestoft-wouldn't recommend the town, and Great Yarmouth; typical seaside town but a bit rough.
There is a large Morrisons 5 mins drive away.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Barbara H

Thank you for taking the time to share your valued feedback with us. I am sorry to read that we let you down by not being able to open the pool one morning. This feedback has been brought up in our weekly team meeting.

The team here at Kessingland Beach work tirelessly to ensure that our grounds are kept clean and looking nice, and we are glad that you appreciated this.

We hope that you chose to holiday with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

After a horrendous experience with the same holiday firm at Camber Sands, we were a bit dubious about this place but we ended up having a great time. Facilities very clean and staff were outstanding. Camber Sands management team should visit this site to see how it should be done! We can't wait to come back next year. Thanks to all - massive credit to the guys and girls who provided the entertainments - you added something really special!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sophie B

Thank you for your great feedback, the park team work very hard to ensure that our guests have a great time. I have passed your comments on to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Kessingland Beach very soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

after coming to kessingland beach last year i although we had a good time i was unsure if i liked it or not as the entertainment was a bit dull and had a bad experience with the swimming pool being too hot. i put this aside and rebooked for this year and have just come back from there to find we had a great 5 days was meant to be a 4 night break but even added a extra night as we enjoyed it alot! the entrainment was far better this year. the teamstars lauren, cher & rich were really great and made my kids feel welcomed!!
our accommodation was great too, we was in a silver 2 bed chalet, clean and tidy on arrival. i also had to borrow a high chair which was easily done at reception.

we will definitely coming back next year as my kids have not stopped talking about it since we have been home :)

thanks guys, see you soon.

stayed 14-19th july.
(Amber, Jamie & Rubys mum)

2  Thank Catzeyez87

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I have spoken to Rich our entertainment manager who was overwhelmed, and he will be sharing this review with his team.
Also Pat, our accommodation manager, and Steven, our reception manager, have asked me to thank you on their behalf.

We look forward to seeing you and your family again very soon.

01502 740 636

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kessingland
Travelodge Lowestoft Hotel
Pontins Pakefield Holiday Park
The Angel Inn
The Angel Inn
#1 of 1 in Wangford

Been to Kessingland Beach Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!