“Delightful little Cafe”

Shore Things Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Lambeau
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A brightly coloured gem of a spot well known for fresh foods, friendly service and great views in a setting of locally made handicraft, art, jewellery and clothing. We are nestled in the village of Lambeau near to Scarborough Tobago. Our decor is that of a rustic and handmade finish with a natural atmosphere for those that enjoy the beauty of nature.
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was a second visit to this delightful little cafe overlooking the sea at Lambeau, Tobago.
Service was excellent and staff were very friendly. Although a little quiet on the customer front the staff were very helpful. I asked for Earl Grey tea, but would have settled for a normal tea, and I suspect this wasn't available but after a short wait it appeared. The cake was home made and delicious. It's a shame that the gift shop was looking a little sparse as on my last visit 3 years ago i remember such a wider range of beautiful gifts. Maybe a sign of the times !
Well worth another visit.

1  Thank djc14b
shorethings, Owner at Shore Things Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for your review...alas you are right, things have quieted down in the craft area of Shore Things. We do hope to bring in some new items for the Christmas to April season, but in trying to keep the craft local, we are finding it difficult to source new suppliers.
Happy you enjoyed your cake and tea, it was a pleasure having you and we hope to see you again.
Thanks

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went to Shore Things a few times whilst on holiday in Tobago in July, every time my boyfriend and I got something different and it was always very tasty, as were the rum cocktails :-). We would defintely go back next time we visit Tobago, the fact that it's got a craft and jewellry shop attached as well is a big plus point!! very very yummy food and great location overlooking the sea! Check out the sugar birds feeding :-)

2  Thank ErinL1982

Thanks for taking the time to do your review.. it was a pleasure having you both at the cafe..happy you enjoyed the rumpunch and meals and the birds...we'll be here next time you are in Tobago..with new things for you to try!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our very rainy, last day of our holiday so our party of 6 went out for lunch and visited Shore Things. Even in the rain the setting was lovely, looking out over the Atlantic. We had two vegetarians in the group and Shore Things had plenty of options for both meat eaters and veggies. Even though the portion sizes were generous we thought we'd best sample starters, main and yes, we just about managed puddings - although we did only order three to share. All of the dishes we ordered were well presented and very tasty. The service was great - lovely and friendly and we enjoyed the company of all the birds visiting the feeders. We'll visit again next time we're in Tobago.

2  Thank Caz3101

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I remember at the time thinking that you would not have had room for dessert but glad that you did manage to have a taste of just about everything. Debbie (who took care of your table) and I really enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you next time you are in Tobago.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Lovely setting but when you look a little closer the place could use a face lift. Lots of filthy sacking on the ceiling. The menu is very large which says to me that nothing is fresh. Indeed when we received our food it was dead, nuked and hardly edible. The coconut pie was great though.
I have eaten here before and the food has been ok but never wonderful. The owner should take most things off the menu and make everything fresh everyday. These days there is NO excuse for the rubbish we were served. This is a charming place to eat and the food should reflect that.
We will not be returning until things improve.

2  Thank sapodilla12
shorethings, Owner at Shore Things Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

While I normally respond to TripAdvisor reviews immediately I had to get past my initial response of surprise and disbelief with this one. Once I did this, I appreciated the time you took to write this review and I looked at all the points raised.

-There is an explanation for the 'bagging' on the ceiling but you are right, there is no excuse. When we put up the colourful burlap fabric to brighten up the decor we did not figure on rain leaks that do look unsightly but are by no means filthy. As I say, there is no excuse, this is something that will be dealt with in the next month.

-The comment about the size of menu, I am not sure how one can determine that 'nothing is fresh' when salads, soups, desserts, sandwiches, pizzas...make up such a large portion of our menu. We do use a microwave to defrost certain items , but as anyone who understands the restaurant business knows, this is a common feature one manages with care.

-It is odd that the food was hardly edible, as if there are any plates that return with sizable portions of food to the kitchen, either I or one of my staff asks if there was a problem with the meal. We do work with recipes to ensure consistency and quality, but we are not a factory so there can be glitches hence our communicating with guests to ensure they are happy with their meals. In the case of a problem with a meal I will either not charge for it or replace it with something else. Over the years 13yrs I have thankfully had very few of these situations.

-The suggestion that 'most things should be taken off the menu and fresh food be prepared everyday' does not credit Shore Things use of fresh produce creatively used to offer an item where one ingredient may go from the oven to the freezer then topped at the time of ordering - as in the case of our pizza bases - then back to the oven and served. Every item on top of that base is fresh.

-I was happy to hear that you were pleased with one item of your meal and I do hope that if you should return to Shore Things perhaps you will take the time to express your pleasure ...or displeasure in the moment. Feedback is always helpful when given in the best spirit.
Giselle

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have been to Tobago a number of times and Shore things is are favorite restaurant for Lunch. The food is full of flavor and the tables all look out to the sea (we are veggies and have a number of items to choose from off the menu). The sugar birds come to feed from the bird feeder, and other birds can be seen in the trees, including Humming birds. The service is excellent and the price fair.

2  Thank ajones3756