“Beautiful and relaxing setting with good food”
Review of Shore Things

Shore Things
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Lambeau
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Atlanta, Georgia
“Beautiful and relaxing setting with good food”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stopped by for lunch at this very cozy restaurant and craft store. At first glance you would not know there is a restaurant at this location and you would miss out on a very relaxing and tranquil experience. Upon entering I was pleasantly surprised to see I was basically sitting on the ocean, ok; not on the ocean but very close to it. Just hearing the waves and feeling the breeze is enough for me to visit again. I was impressed with the many options on the menu and with the relative speed in which we received our food. Everyone enjoyed their food and the desserts were especially sumptuous.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Curtis T
shorethings, Owner at Shore Things, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thanks Curtis, for taking the time to seek us out ...hidden away as we are in the back of Lambeau. We know it's a bit of a surprise to some when they first see the view of the ocean as they enter the cafe...and we are happy that the pleasant surprises kept coming. Even when we are busy, we really try to keep you happy, not having to wait too long for your order. You need to come back to try another round of desserts... coconut cream pie or lemon squares...
Thanks

Scarborough, Tobago
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Light lunch”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My son and I stopped for lunch today. Very relaxing lunch, listening to the sea and watching the bananaquits eat their luch. My son thought the cheese pizza was the best! I had a cup of callaloo soup with salad and it was fantastic. We loved the coconut cream pie for desert.

Visited March 2013
shorethings, Owner at Shore Things, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you so much, it was a pleasure having you visit us. We try to keep our kids meals healthy and yummy, so glad your son loved it and had room for dessert too. We are adding a few new ideas to the next menu so we hope you come back to try a few of them.
Thanks
Toronto, Canada
“Great little place!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was taken to Shore Things by a friend and was pleasantly surprised. When presented the creative handmade menu, I thought......'ahh, this is going to be great....attention to detail and a caring touch'. I was not let down. I had the shrimp crepe that was of generous portion with a delicious salad (had to try both home made dressings-both were delicious). I was so impressed, I brought my daughter back a couple of days later! Needless to say, the desert menu is awesome. I highly recommend the carrot cake and Lemon cheesecake!! Having been going to Tobago for almost 30 years (married a local).....I will now add Shore Things to my must-do list. Thanks Giselle and her lovely server gal. You are both charming and made us feel welcome.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank galaxycow
shorethings, Owner at Shore Things, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We are always pleased when our little details are noticed...thank you. Debbie and I were happy that you enjoyed your meal and saved some room for dessert. We look forward to seeing you next time you are here.
Stranraer, United Kingdom
“Lunch three days in a row”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Initial impression was of an eighties organic cafe, the setting, service and food are all fantastic. The first lunch I had the local lunch - chicken, rice and lentils - followed by creamy coconut pie and a fruit smoothie, all were excellent. I was keen to try the lemon maragne pie, unfortunately no pie on second day but very nice carrot cake with rum and raisin ice cream, which went down well with pizza and a few beers. The owner promised me that lemon maragne pie would be available on my third visit. Although the chilli was excellent, there was no LM pie so I tried the lemon squares. Please, please change your recipe for the squares as they were poor in comparison to the rest of the food at "shore things". Two small black marks on a place brimming with atmosphere, wonderful food and service in a stunning location and lots of interactive wildlife.

• Visited February 2013
shorethings, Owner at Shore Things, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on tripadvisor. It was a real pleasure having you all there 3 days running...seemingly the busiest days we have had in a while. I do apologize for the non appearance of the Lemon Meringue...definitely MIA ...
I also must apologize for the Lemon Square...my guests usually do enjoy this tart, little treat. I am making a batch today and will check the recipe again.
Again thank you for coming by and we hope to see you again in Tobago.
Tobago
“Delightful delectable”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

What a charming, colorful and scenic place...as u enter, this my first impression. Next I met the very charming owner, Giselle. She led me to the tables...overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and beautiful birds flying just off the porch. The menu is interesting it was difficult to choose. Finally the food was really delicious. As I sat there I saw many return customers who seem to have become friends with Giselle...and so have I.

• Visited December 2012
shorethings, Owner at Shore Things, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments...it was a pleasure sharing Shore Things with you.