“Lunch three days in a row” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shore Things

Shore Things
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Lambeau
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Stranraer, United Kingdom
“Lunch three days in a row”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Initial impression was of an eighties organic cafe, the setting, service and food are all fantastic. The first lunch I had the local lunch - chicken, rice and lentils - followed by creamy coconut pie and a fruit smoothie, all were excellent. I was keen to try the lemon maragne pie, unfortunately no pie on second day but very nice carrot cake with rum and raisin ice cream, which went down well with pizza and a few beers. The owner promised me that lemon maragne pie would be available on my third visit. Although the chilli was excellent, there was no LM pie so I tried the lemon squares. Please, please change your recipe for the squares as they were poor in comparison to the rest of the food at "shore things". Two small black marks on a place brimming with atmosphere, wonderful food and service in a stunning location and lots of interactive wildlife.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
shorethings, Owner at Shore Things, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us on tripadvisor. It was a real pleasure having you all there 3 days running...seemingly the busiest days we have had in a while. I do apologize for the non appearance of the Lemon Meringue...definitely MIA ...
I also must apologize for the Lemon Square...my guests usually do enjoy this tart, little treat. I am making a batch today and will check the recipe again.
Again thank you for coming by and we hope to see you again in Tobago.

Tobago
“Delightful delectable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

What a charming, colorful and scenic place...as u enter, this my first impression. Next I met the very charming owner, Giselle. She led me to the tables...overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and beautiful birds flying just off the porch. The menu is interesting it was difficult to choose. Finally the food was really delicious. As I sat there I saw many return customers who seem to have become friends with Giselle...and so have I.

• Visited December 2012
shorethings, Owner at Shore Things, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments...it was a pleasure sharing Shore Things with you.
Tobago
“A Sure Thing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have eaten here a number of times of the years and the quality of food and service has been extremely consistent. It is now a place where my friends love to be taken for their special birthday lunch. There are a lot of great things on the menu (like the pumpkin corn soup) but what a number of people find memorable is the coconut cream pie. Dont forget to ask about the fresh lime or tamarind juice. The setting makes the best use of the nearby coast and you can easily enjoy blue jays and bananaquits a few feet away having a snack at the bird feeder or a pelican fishing for his lunch just beyond the garden as you hear the waves crash...

do I really have to go back to work now.... ?

• Visited November 2012
shorethings, Owner at Shore Things, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Hi Dawn,
Thanks for your great review! I am thrilled that you have enjoyed your return visits to Shore Things each time and that the coconut cream pie was available. We keep trying to have things people like as well as adding a few new bits each year.
Have a lovely holiday season . . .and all the best for 2013.
Giselle
Orpington
“An oasis of cool and calm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Fab little place to stop, for a cool drink, lunch or to peruse the crafts. This little place is just amazing, the ''Crab backs'' with home made rolls are delicious for a light lunch. Gisele is happy for her guests to sit and take in the atmosphere, listen to the sea and watch the birds in her gardens, while Cat, watches the guests.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank stacey r
shorethings, Owner at Shore Things, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thanks Stacey,
We are happy you found us and enjoyed the calm. While things do get a little hectic at times, it's nice when our guests can sit and enjoy the birds and the sound of the sea.
Take care
Giselle
wales
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Setting by the sea, good diffent food, lunches only Monday to friday! Robert served us and we had a great time

Visited November 2012
shorethings, Owner at Shore Things, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you Thomas, Robert has been helping out on and off over the years so it's nice that you took the time to comment on his service. we try to keep it light and fun at the cafe and are pleased when our guests enjoy that too.