“Simply Relaxing!”

Ranked #3 of 8 Buccoo B&B and Inns
St. Michael
“Simply Relaxing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here last December and our stay was absolutely relaxing. Mr. Mirko, Antonella, Juliet and everyone else are such nice people. Mr. Mirko took the time to give us little pointers on where the hot spots where and in the ins and out of Tobago.

I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a little getaway that The Nest is the place for you! It was so peaceful and quiet. Really the exact kind of vacation we wanted. Thank you again and we will be back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sobsandi
TheNestTobago, Owner at The Nest Tobago, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Hi Sobsandi, I want to thank you so much for your nice words. I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay at The Nest Tobago with your fiance and sure Juliet, Mirko and I will be delighted to have you again as our guest.
Take care and see you soon then
Kindest regards
Antonella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

The Nest is a great spot in Tobago to relax.
The garden setting was perfect and the spacious patio had a great view of the famous Buccoo Reef. The apt was large and had a light, contemporary feel to it.The kitchen was clean and had sufficient space and utensils to whip up some great meals. For those not into cooking, there is a Chinese take-away just down the road and the best fried chicken & chips place in Tobago, a little further along in Buccoo. Despite the lack of air conditioning it was quite cool both at day & night. A comfy bed and lots of wardrobe & storage space made it feel like home away from home. Juliet was extremely efficient at keeping the accommodation spotless while being friendly and helpful.
The sound of traffic from the road below the hill is noticeable but not intrusive. However everything else including the airy, secluded ambiance makes up for that. The grocery & beach is about 5 minutes away by car, yet we spent more time in the apt enjoying the relaxing atmosphere.
Thanks for the wonderful week and I look forward to visiting again in the near future.

Room Tip: The two bedroom apt is perfect for a family with lots of room to spread out.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Skyro22
Hi Skyro22,
thank you for taking some of your time to write your review; I'm glad for your appreciation and I hope to have you again at The Nest Tobago with your friends.
Your review is well detailed and sure many other future customers will take advantage of your good advice and hopefully visit The Nest very soon.
Looking forward to hearing from you again
Best regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

Ms. Antonella, I must first say thank you for giving us the experience that no amount of words could ever express.

The Nest is absolutely FABULOUS!!!!! We were and we are still in awe of such beauty and relaxation your guest house exhumes.

The peace and quiet of the community was what we needed. The natural environment is comforting and the ever splendid view of the Buccoo is breath taking and memorable.

Ms. Juliet is the perfect housekeeper, very gentle and welcoming.

The Apartment felt just like home, which was comforting giving our 'long' stay.

We will definitely be returning to The Nest without ANY reservations.

I thank you once again for the pleasure of entertaining us and we will surely meet up again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank cutelilly07
Hi Cutelilly07
as I wrote in my e-mail to you some time ago, I want to thank you so much again for your appreciation! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay at The Nest. Your words have been very nice and coming straight from your heart.
Take care and come back soon, we'll be waiting for such nice costumers like you.
All the best
Derbyshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

I spent 2 weeks in Tobago with my boyfriend back in March 2010. We had never been to the island before (or indeed the carribean) so wasn't sure what to expect. I myself am quite well travelled both on business and leisure and lie to think I am generally a good gauge on the type of place I will like and can normally read between the lines with the reviews. So I was taken aback that I go this one so very wrong!
The house/apt themselves were fine. Basic and clean and for the price I thought adequate. This is the point where the positives stop!
No where in the guide or reviews does it mention the following:
1. The major trunk road for the island that runs at the side of the apt. unless you are used to sleeping with earplugs this will keep you awake until 1-2am and then again from around 6am onwards. Every person in Tobago seems to own a mega watt sound system in their cars that they feel the need to use, no matter what the time if day. All the main trucks to the capital of the island use this road and at times we stuggled to hear ourselves speak whilst sat on the patio area.
2. The six dogs at the property. The fact their are six first of all make you think - why? and with the high wire fence and heavy chain/padlock on the gates (that you need to keep locked at all times)...make you wonder!! Then of course when one barks, they all bark, so this teamed with the trunk road does not make for a peaceful time. Is a shame as the view from the apt is lovely over to the bucco reef, but not a relaxing or quiet enviroment to appreciate it.
3. The burnt out gardens!! apparently these may have once been lush? but now just black and chard, all you have now is a view of the half built house in front of you, and all the discarded waste, washing machine, cookers....etc that people seem to leave about the place.
4. Water supply. Water is scarce on the island, however, when you are running accomodation I think you need to make it your business to ensue you have enough so that your guests can at least shower! on four occasions we were left without water and given a bowl to fill from the outside tap. At one point we did actually cry with laughter (to cover the rage!) of having to wash ourselves in a plastic bowl of cold water!!
We were told that the owner has not invested in enough tanks to cover the accomdation when it is all fully booked.
5. There is NO WHERE you can walk to for food at all. There is a plce across the road that we tried the first night. Cocktail were great and cheap! but the food was micowaved and not far short of dicusting. We did visit again many times (but only for drinks) as this was the only safe and welcoming bar near the apt. Food in general on the island is worse than poor. We found max 3-4 nice places to eat for the entire island, we had a car and visited all of it. The Fish Pot which is a 5 min drive was lovely, as was the Bamboo Mile near crown point. Apart from this we were very disapointed with the food, and lets not even start about the level of service and just general manners of almost all establishments on the island. Manners and general courtosy is something you can forget about seeing once you step foot of the plane.

In general I think the Island is a pretty place with many beautiful beaches in Englishmans Bay and Pigeon Point and many more. The reef is stunning and if you get a decent boat trip (when the cruise boats are not in docck) then you will have a fab time. We still managed a nice holiday and just adapted to what was on offer. The day times were nice and chilled, you can have a different beach everyday, hire a car and pack some lunch and a snorkel and it's just fine. In the evening, you have to drive everywhere and I think not so safe to wander by foot in many areas. I would not return to Tobago or indeed the Carribean after this experience. If I did, I think the fact is you have to stay in a faceless complex, which for me kind of defeats the point of visting a different culture and way of life.

Derbyshire, UK.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
9 Thank CA71Derbyshire
, Owner at The Nest Tobago, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
I'd like to clarify some points.
First of all I'm sorry this guests happened to spend their holiday in Tobago during one of the worst dry season, in the 2010, that this island has never experienced before.
So this is why the garden was so burn out; no need to say that the water has been rationed for a long time on the whole island. If you could just see the garden now!! Paw-paw trees, mangoes, limes, passion-fruit, tangerines, bananas, ginger lilys, bougainvillea, cactus...you name it, you got it!
We have one of the biggest water storage in the surroundings: we have three 900 gallons and three 600 gallons water tanks, which we believe to be quite enough for just two apartments!! The problem is that people sometimes expect miracles and don't want to understand what is really happening around them: you cannot expect to be able to take a shower three times a day, 2 people (6 showers) even before going to the beach instead of perhaps waiting when you return from the beach (in such a critical moment of lack of water)! In each apartment you find hung up on the wall some advises on how not to waste water and we expect responsible people to follow them.
Some establishments had to close down because of the water problems in that period of the year; we didn't.
The complain on the lack of restaurants in the area where you can walk to: one is just across the main road (never had a complain about it), a take away grilled food Jafo's is at 50mt, a Chinese one at 150mt, other two take aways on the way to Buccoo at 200mt, Patino's restaurant at 300/400mt, nest to it is Rou-be-lou restaurant on Shirvan road and so many more.
If you don't want to walk you can take a road taxi for 5 or 6 TT$ (1US$!!!) and reach all the restaurants you like.
I'm sorry they didn't like the food on the island, I can't solve this one.
The complain about the chain and padlock on the gate....well I didn't understand it. I have a gate, a chain, a padlock so I use them. Shouldn't I? Leave everything wide open? I like my guests and myself to be safe, so I do what I can; I really expected to be thanked.
The six dogs: now we have only three. The other three dogs were there just temporarily; I was keeping them for a friend who was on holiday. They might have been a bit noisy and I'm sorry for that, but the problem now doesn't exist any more, since my three dogs are very well bred and nobody never complained about them.
The view of a little half built house: the apartments have from the veranda a 180° view on the Buccoo Reef which is absolutely stunning, why your eye has to fall on that little half built house inhabited by a nice lady that probably, when she will have some money in her pocket, she'll finish build it? Anybody want to help her?
Discarded washing machine and cookers on the road? Not my road! I take care of almost the entire road, because unfortunately the people who own the remaining lots of land in the area don't take care of their land, so I have to do it! I cut bushes, trim grass, pick up paper or plastic all over around my house and more.... It's plenty money involved in this, but again, nobody is thanking me for this. My whole area is very well kept. I expected once again to be thanked.
The megawatt sound system on cars passing by........well yes, this is the Caribbean, you may not like it, but still I'm afraid I can't do anything about it.
At the end I have to say I'm sorry that these guests didn't find in Tobago or the Caribbean a loving place which I think it is; nothing can be perfect, but important is try to understand the people and the culture you have around and take all the positive sides you can find in it.
Tobago is beautiful place and so is its people, but I also know that my apartments, The Nest Tobago, are one of the nicest place in the surroundings so, ….. keep coming to spend your time by us, like you have done up to now and you'll never regret it.
Antonella Colombo Bolla
owner of The Nest Tobago Apartments
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2009

My wife and I needed some much deserved rest and relaxation after the hectic prep of our wedding and the Nest delivered. I booked two nights in Apartment 1 and needless to say we loved it. The view of the reef as you awake was lovely and the simple but comfortable setting was such a welcome contrast from that week's wedding preparation.
We really enjoyed our stay and now have a new favourite place to stay when we take a weekend in tobago from now,

Thanks again Antonella and Karin who was a most accomodating hostess.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DMitc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2009

Hi Ms. Antonella,
Thank you, thank you, thank you sooo much for a FANTASTIC & MEMORABLE Independence weekend & pre-B'Day celebrations for my mom and I. I still remember walking into our apartment and seeing the WOW on my moms' face, I was in awe of the Mediterrenean design. The brick & natural wooden features, mini library and magnificent space, the welcoming bowl of Julie Mangoes from your garden all made the Feng Shui easy!! =)...Gafos' great tasting BBQ just a few minutes from the house & the nearby beaches were a teaser, the sunsets from our verandah, truly breath-taking and relaxing after a day out. Juliette has such a sincere warmth about her, my mom just loves her personality.
Our last night-out at Buccoo Reef was a highlight and such a fun evening with you and Adam (cool kid). Your hospitality adds to your divine NEST. I wish you all the best, c u guys soooon, can't wait!!

Petal.

• Stayed August 2009
2 Thank Trinipeaches
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2009

We have recently returned from an excellent holiday in Tobago. We stayed on the outskirts of Buccoo village in The Nest apartments, which I have to say were outstanding!
The area itself is a 10 minute drive from Crowne Point airport and is nestled into the side of a hill surronded by lush greenery and wonderfully kept grounds. There is a steep road leading upto the building, you can walk it, but you'll feel like you've had a workout afterwards!
The lady that owns the property is called Antonella. She takes great care in maintaining the property and was kind enough to arrange our car hire for us. She has two lovely people that clean and carry out the maintenance.
The apartment we stayed in was very clean, spacious and very relaxing! It has 1 double bed, 1 single bed (both with mosquito nets) and a sofa bed. Perfect for families and couples. It is equiped with a gas cooker and oven, large fridge/freezer, microwave and all kitchen crockery and utensils. The bathroom has a shower with hot water, wash basin and toilet.
The views from the property are amazing! There is a wonderful view of the Nylon Pool and the sunset is beautiful. There are lots of amenities within the area. You're not far from the local supermarkets and restaurants and there is also a golf course and casino nearby.
I would certainly recommend The Nests. Its beautiful and we would definatley go back. Thankyou Antonella for an amazing holiday!

2 Thank HanButler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buccoo
Tropikist Beach Hotel & Resort
Miller's Guest House
Miller's Guest House
#8 of 92 in Tobago
Magdalena Grand Beach & Golf Resort

Been to The Nest Tobago? Share your experiences!