“well, yes”

Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Buccoo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Being-with-horses & Healing with HORSES Let us give you some INFO: We currently offer our trail-swim combination. This special 2 hour experience is a joyful one for both horses and riders, including first timers who have never spent time with horses. Excellent guidance and instruction makes it possible for all riders to be at ease. After introducing the horses to our guests (at which point each rider chooses his/her 'team partner' horse), we take everyone through Buccoo Village, past the goat race track and through the wetland mangroves to the beach FOR A LONG BEACH RIDE to the END of Buccoo BAY where we then swim with the horses along the shore . Everybody needs to make their booking in advance due to limited space. ---->we go out 5 days a week ---> once a day. EITHER 9am - 11am or 3pm - 5pm Let us know when you like to go out - we will check availability ...!!! Thanks!!! HEART HUGS FROM the herd in BUCCOO Tobago Veronika & Lennon Have a JOYFUL day!
Reviewed December 18, 2013

V,L and the herd gave us a lovely afternoon. Do check the website, there is a weight limit of course (which I am under but only just!). You must pre-book, probably by a several weeks. We respected Veronika's authority and we did just what she asked us to, so all was well. Photos and video taken by Daniel are great, he shows real talent.

All reviews
"non riders"
in 5 reviews
"horse lovers"

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Whether you know how to ride, or not...whether you love horses, or are a little afraid...this is a must-do when you're in Tobago.

I admit I was hesitant, having seen the well being of horses in other holiday destinations. The horses here are well-loved, the staff are knowledgeable and friendly, and the money you spend on this wonderful experience helps to off-set the costs for disabled children to participate in their therapeutic riding program.

Do you need ANY other reason?

Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is so unique, I've ridden before but not bareback with no stirrups and in the sea. One of the most exhilarating experiences of my life. My boyfriend who had never ridden before and isn't the type to try it actually really enjoyed himself.

It was obvious from the beginning how much Veronika and Lennon dedicate their lives to looking after the horses. One of the horses - Princess Julie - fell off a cliff and seriously injured herself, they needed a crane to lift her out. I have no doubt that most other stables would have had her put down given the extent of her injuries, but Veronika and Lennon nursed her back to health over several months and she is on the mend now. I believe there will be a video on the website soon charting her recovery.

Anyway this is a must try in Tobago. Unlike any riding anywhere else, absolutely brilliant and well worth the money!

1  Thank Maneenz
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Have just come back from a morning swim and ride. Truly amazing experience and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone. They cater for all abilities. The horses are beautiful and so well cared for. You start with a short introduction from Veronika and then she talks to you about each horse and you are matched with a horse which best suits you. Once you climb up onto your chosen horse you then start your trek to Buccoo Beach. You ride with no bit and no stirrups but the horses are gentle so there is no fear at all of falling off. You feel completely safe.The ride is at a gentle pace which is perfect. The beach is clean and quiet and the horses so clearly enjoy it. While you rise along, other horses come along on their own which was lovely. You then swim back along the bay. This was really amazing - swimming while on horseback! Once back the horses and you have a shower to get rid of the salt. I can't rate Being with Horses enough and it was a real priviledge. Anyone coming to Tobago MUST go along. You will be missing out if you don't.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 27, 2013

4 of us rode, all with previous riding experience - but this is different - no stirrups or bits, and a lot of communication with your horse! Oh and riding in the sea of course! Lennon even got me to stand up on my horse's back - needless to say I fell off when a wave came in but what's the worry when you're in the sea?!! We all loved our horses and all four of us couldn't stop talking about our ride for the rest of the day, a great experience for one of the last days of our holiday.
Veronika and Lennon have a lot to show people who are used to riding horses as well as those who have never ridden. It truly is a unique experience - in some ways it's sad it's so unique as there really should be more horse riding centres that are run more like Being with Horses.
Thanks so much and good luck for the future!
p.s. oh and give Zimbo some biscuits from me :-)

1  Thank Lotan