“Being and Swimming with Horses is AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Being with Horses

Being with Horses
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Buccoo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Being-with-horses & Healing with HORSES Let us give you some INFO: We currently offer our trail-swim combination. This special 2 hour experience is a joyful one for both horses and riders, including first timers who have never spent time with horses. Excellent guidance and instruction makes it possible for all riders to be at ease. After introducing the horses to our guests (at which point each rider chooses his/her 'team partner' horse), we take everyone through Buccoo Village, past the goat race track and through the wetland mangroves to the beach FOR A LONG BEACH RIDE to the END of Buccoo BAY where we then swim with the horses along the shore . Everybody needs to make their booking in advance due to limited space. ---->we go out 5 days a week ---> once a day. EITHER 9am - 11am or 3pm - 5pm Let us know when you like to go out - we will check availability ...!!! Thanks!!! HEART HUGS FROM the herd in BUCCOO Tobago Veronika & Lennon Have a JOYFUL day!
Los Angeles, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Being and Swimming with Horses is AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

My sister and I stayed in Crown Point and Being with Horses is in Buccoo which is a quick 10 minute drive .. We arrived and were greeted by Veronika and Lennon (Her Husband) and Eric (I think) who is a slightly autistic teen that helps with the horses. All the horses are rescued horses and have amazing, unique personalities. We took off our shoes and kept our belongings in a locked locker they provided. The provide "crocs" to walk around the stables in as you ride the horses with no shoes. She introduces you to all the horses and find which one is best for you to ride. Then we left the stables and went through the beautiful FRIENDLY town of Buccoo. We rode on the beach and then went into the beach/water with the beautiful horses as they swam. Veronika was very patient and supportive as I could not get use to the horse and she helped me along the way. Eric took AWESOME pictures and videos of us for a very reasonable charge as you cant really bring your own camera due to the water. We rode the beautiful horses back and she bathed them a bit to get the salt water off .. and rinsed us off too :) .. It was the most memorable experience and I being naturally stressed and anxiety ridden recommend as it really is a moment of a lifetime and I will always remember "Being with the horses", Veronika and her family. She does such amazing work in the community and is an angel on earth. Can't say how much the horses and she has inspired me in so many ways. thank you so much!!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Yvonne C

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“This is a must!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is an absolute must for anyone visiting Tobago! A simply delightful experience all around! The staff is wonderful, and the instruction is great for beginner riders such as myself. Good show!

Visited October 2013
3 Thank luckymark2015
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Do not miss this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I am the wife mentioned in the previous review. And I can only agree with what has been said. It is the most amazing experience. You learn about the horses, Veronica and her husband and the difference the society makes to the local community. Being in the water with the horses is the most amazing experience. You will arrive as strangers and leave as friends. Absolutely fantastic.

2 Thank WirralMelon
West Kirby, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience and brilliant community work”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was persuaded by my brother and his wife to undertake the healing with horses experience. I am so glad I was persuaded it was an amazing experience. I have never ridden a horse before and was slightly nervous but everything went superbly and I felt very safe with my horse, Jennifer, who is apparently relaxed, likes to go at her own pace and enjoys working with the differently abled members of our society - so we got on very well. Swimming in the sea with horses is not what I expected in a holiday and to find it with such a lovely holistic ethos to both horse and human alike then I was truly inspired - the whole experience restored my faith in humanity. There should be more of this type of community and therepeautic work around the world. PS the very talented Daniel will record the whole experience for you and have a DVD of pics and vids ready for you take home.

2 Thank crostro
Port of Spain, Trinidad
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a wonderful introduction to riding horses, but even more than that, it is a unique opportunity to get to KNOW them!! You choose your horse based on the relationship you start to build. Beautiful experience. The tour through the village is nice, not spectacular, however the ride along the beach and return trip on the back of the swimming horse was absolutely amasing!! Veronica and Lennon had such wonderful energy, and Daniel produced over 100 pictures and video clips of our morning experience. Of all the things one could do on Tobago, I can't think of any other that would rank higher on my recommendation list. Fantastique!!

1 Thank LAmb1609