“Do not miss this!”

Being with Horses
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Buccoo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Being-with-horses & Healing with HORSES Let us give you some INFO: We currently offer our trail-swim combination. This special 2 hour experience is a joyful one for both horses and riders, including first timers who have never spent time with horses. Excellent guidance and instruction makes it possible for all riders to be at ease. After introducing the horses to our guests (at which point each rider chooses his/her 'team partner' horse), we take everyone through Buccoo Village, past the goat race track and through the wetland mangroves to the beach FOR A LONG BEACH RIDE to the END of Buccoo BAY where we then swim with the horses along the shore . Everybody needs to make their booking in advance due to limited space. ---->we go out 5 days a week ---> once a day. EITHER 9am - 11am or 3pm - 5pm Let us know when you like to go out - we will check availability ...!!! Thanks!!! HEART HUGS FROM the herd in BUCCOO Tobago Veronika & Lennon Have a JOYFUL day!
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Do not miss this!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I am the wife mentioned in the previous review. And I can only agree with what has been said. It is the most amazing experience. You learn about the horses, Veronica and her husband and the difference the society makes to the local community. Being in the water with the horses is the most amazing experience. You will arrive as strangers and leave as friends. Absolutely fantastic.

2 Thank WirralMelon

West Kirby, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience and brilliant community work”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was persuaded by my brother and his wife to undertake the healing with horses experience. I am so glad I was persuaded it was an amazing experience. I have never ridden a horse before and was slightly nervous but everything went superbly and I felt very safe with my horse, Jennifer, who is apparently relaxed, likes to go at her own pace and enjoys working with the differently abled members of our society - so we got on very well. Swimming in the sea with horses is not what I expected in a holiday and to find it with such a lovely holistic ethos to both horse and human alike then I was truly inspired - the whole experience restored my faith in humanity. There should be more of this type of community and therepeautic work around the world. PS the very talented Daniel will record the whole experience for you and have a DVD of pics and vids ready for you take home.

2 Thank crostro
Port of Spain, Trinidad
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a wonderful introduction to riding horses, but even more than that, it is a unique opportunity to get to KNOW them!! You choose your horse based on the relationship you start to build. Beautiful experience. The tour through the village is nice, not spectacular, however the ride along the beach and return trip on the back of the swimming horse was absolutely amasing!! Veronica and Lennon had such wonderful energy, and Daniel produced over 100 pictures and video clips of our morning experience. Of all the things one could do on Tobago, I can't think of any other that would rank higher on my recommendation list. Fantastique!!

1 Thank LAmb1609
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must do for anyone visiting tobago-FANTASTIC!!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Visited with my girlfriend who has been riding for 10 years, having never ridden a horse in my life I was a little sceptical about taking part. When you arrive you get to choose the horse that you want to ride. After that you are led out on to the streets and then the best bit of the experience going into the sea up to about waist height. If you are inexperienced like me you are guided through out by the amazing owners who are very knowledgeable about the horses and the local area. Also you can have some amazing photos taken on the trip for an additional cost , using your memory card in their camera so you have memories to keep forever! Having thoroughly enjoyed the experience, I would definitely recommend for anyone to take part. You won't regret it!!!!

2 Thank nlisher
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fabulous, unforgettable experience”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I booked the swim trail combo with my son aged 6 without any riding experience. This was a fabulous experience ! Veronika ensures your safety, understanding of your horse & their background and more about what they are trying to achieve at Being With Horses.

Definitely a 'must' for anyone travelling to Tobago. I wish them all the best.

Visited August 2013