“The best day ever......”
Review of Being with Horses

Being with Horses
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Buccoo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Being-with-horses & Healing with HORSES Let us give you some INFO: We currently offer our trail-swim combination. This special 2 hour experience is a joyful one for both horses and riders, including first timers who have never spent time with horses. Excellent guidance and instruction makes it possible for all riders to be at ease. After introducing the horses to our guests (at which point each rider chooses his/her 'team partner' horse), we take everyone through Buccoo Village, past the goat race track and through the wetland mangroves to the beach FOR A LONG BEACH RIDE to the END of Buccoo BAY where we then swim with the horses along the shore . Everybody needs to make their booking in advance due to limited space. ---->we go out 5 days a week ---> once a day. EITHER 9am - 11am or 3pm - 5pm Let us know when you like to go out - we will check availability ...!!! Thanks!!! HEART HUGS FROM the herd in BUCCOO Tobago Veronika & Lennon Have a JOYFUL day!
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We took a cruise from Florida to Rio de Janeiro and over the 24 days travelling through the Caribbean and Brazil, the day we spent with Veronika and Lennon and their beautiful horses was probably the best day of the whole trip. Lennon picked us up from the cruise ship and took us to Buccoo which was a lovely trip accross the island and then took us back again after the swim.
It was an unforgettable experience and one that I would love to re-live one day....Thankyou!!!!! Ken and Jill Miller

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We returned from Tobago 5 weeks ago and my eldest son can't stop telling us how much he misses Princess Julie (the horse he rode)!!
Following recommendations we selected HwH to introduce our autistic sons to the joys and benefits of horse riding. My 2 sons are very different personalities and they made PERFECT combinations with Veronika & Lennon! The climate and the culture in Tobago are perfect for this activity but most importantly the values of HwH towards the horses and therapy for children/people can not be too highly recommended. The magical ability of the horse to calm down my youngest son and bring peace & contentment has to be experienced to be fully believed.
If you have any thoughts that Horse riding may be positive for you or your friends/family then I can only suggest just give it a go .... how can riding on a horse in the sea in the Caribbean be disappointing?
Now we are back in the UK, my only problem is finding opportunities to follow-up the experience - all RDA opportunities seem hopelessly overbooked!

1  Thank James D
Reviewed January 10, 2013

As someone else wrote, a once-in-a-lifetime experience...that I do over and over when I re-visit the horses. Everything is a peak experience; loving horses, loving owners/trail guides, gorgeous turquoise ocean, riding/swimming bareback in the water on the horses... and it gets better... it also is uber therapeutic—calming, connecting me more to myself, the horses, other people and the dogs.

2  Thank 2012JOY
Reviewed January 6, 2013

A most amazing experience with those that absolutely adore horses (Veronika and Leonard). Not to be missed! The location for the 'swim' (Buccoo Bay) is beautiful as well.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

You can't go wrong with this excursion! Veronika and Len are so very nice and informative. The horses are very personable & a pleasure to ride. I can't say enough wonderful things about Being with Horses...just do it, you won't regret it!!

1  Thank GOOFYROSE96