“Great experience”

Being with Horses
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Buccoo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Being-with-horses & Healing with HORSES Let us give you some INFO: We currently offer our trail-swim combination. This special 2 hour experience is a joyful one for both horses and riders, including first timers who have never spent time with horses. Excellent guidance and instruction makes it possible for all riders to be at ease. After introducing the horses to our guests (at which point each rider chooses his/her 'team partner' horse), we take everyone through Buccoo Village, past the goat race track and through the wetland mangroves to the beach FOR A LONG BEACH RIDE to the END of Buccoo BAY where we then swim with the horses along the shore . Everybody needs to make their booking in advance due to limited space. ---->we go out 5 days a week ---> once a day. EITHER 9am - 11am or 3pm - 5pm Let us know when you like to go out - we will check availability ...!!! Thanks!!! HEART HUGS FROM the herd in BUCCOO Tobago Veronika & Lennon Have a JOYFUL day!
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

If you have ever wanted to ride a horse in the sea, this is the place to do it, in the warm Caribbean. The approach is unconventional, with stirrups and shoes not favoured. Lovely to feel the breeze on your bare feet as you ride through the village and along the beach! The sea was quite rough when we were there but we managed to cling on to the horses' backs.

The horses are very well cared for and Veronika and Lennon are very passionate about what they are doing.

Highly recommended

Visited January 2012
2 Thank A340

London
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Love.Healing.Being.....with Horses”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I was fortunate to have the "Being with Horses" experience in February 2012 when it was recommended to me during a "Life purpose" reading whilst a guest at The Kariwak Village, Crown Point, Tobago.

Lennon collected me from the hotel on the morning of the ride, and from the very first 'hello' made me feel relaxed and welcome and somewhat excited by the idea of meeting the horses before we even reached our Buccoo destination.

Veronika radiates warmth at first meeting and her love and deep care for the horses is evident as she personally introduces them; one by one.....birthdays, personalities and background stories of each horse. It is not rushed or forced and both the rider and the horses have adequate time to get accustomed to one another....

The horse that I felt affiliated with, and chose to partner was Kalakunjin. It's all about Love, Trust and mutual respect Veronika reminds us.....

I haven't riden a horse since I was a small child so was quite apprehensive (terrified in fact) but in no time I was encouraged to feel in control and, despite having never been on horseback as an adult, actually felt that I was really communicating with and enjoying Kalakunjin throughout our journey.

The walk along the streets of Buccoo and the beach was challenging at first, having never had this experience before, but Veronika & Kalakunjin were loving and supportive, and made me feel that I could do it...by the time we came to the swim, I was feeling really happy on horseback, and felt a sense of freedom, contentment and belonging that I hadn't ever imagined. Getting into the water was something else again, I cannot really describe the feelings of swimming with a horse......I am not a great water lover, a poor swimmer and a first time horse rider so I must admit that I had moments of fear, but it wasn't long before I never wanted to come out of the water and couldn't wait to return to do it all over again!!

With Veronika's guidance and attention throughout the ride, I felt safe at all times and confident that I would return wetter but better! :-)

It really had a profound effect on me and I am aware that this may sound a bit cheesy but....it truly was a very healing experience in many ways.

What Veronika & Lennon are doing at Buccoo, with the support of the local community, is fantastic and inspiring. The charity attached to Being with Horses/Healing with Horses will go from strength to strength I'm sure and I will certainly do anything that I can to support. The horses are so very happy and free and they express this in every step they take....

I would encourage anyone in Tobago, to take the opportunity to meet and embrace the spirit of these wonderful horses and their beloved companions; Veronika & Lennon!

an experience not to be missed....

Visited February 2012
2 Thank DocMartinLondon
portsmouth
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“horse riding in paradise”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have ridden here four times now and I can really recommend it. Veronika, the owner, is very knowlegable about here 5 horses and she has an excellent relationship with them. She puts you at ease and allows you to ride at the pace you are comfortable with. Very often she decides to have here clients ride without stirrups and she will take you deep into the sea where the horses will have to swim. This is a wonderful experience and is very different from anything usually done with horses in the UK. It is also a lovely experience to share with children as Veronika is very experienced and safety conscious at all times.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank balooPortsmouth
London
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Experience of a life time”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I went here with my girlfriend, who had been horse riding for years, and was lucky enough to own a horse when she was younger. Personally, I had only been horse riding a few times in the past, all on holiday and saw it as a nice way to take in the scenery of wherever I was

This trip was a different experience altogether - the owners are such nice people, and so passionate about their horses, how they should be viewed & treated, and how much they can give back to you (but not lecturing!)
It sounds daft, but I never thought about it - a lot of people and commercial stables treat the horses as a piece of sporting equipment, where they take them out for a couple of hours to use them, and then stick them back in their box. But the owners here had a genuine love for literally 'being with horses' and it really shines through.
When you arrive, they tell you a little about each horse - their names, how it came to be in their stables, their personality, etc and then as long as the size of the horse is right for you, you pick the one you feel comfortable with

The horse riding itself was great - bare back, no bit, etc.. and as i said, i had only do it a couple of times in the past, but the horses were very easy to control.
The trail was through mangroves, down the beach and and galloping in the sea - what an experience. My girlfriend who had been horse riding all her life, still says it was easily the best horse riding experience of her life, and generally one of the best things she has ever done.

We cant recommend this place enough - beginners or seasonsed horse riders!

Visited February 2012
2 Thank WhereNext82
Scarborough, Tobago, Trinidad and Tobago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was like being invited by the horses into their own secret world”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I know now that Being with Horses is completely different from just riding one for pleasure. You see a horse completely differently when you spend time learning about it's own unique history and character. The horses seem to learn yours too, which makes for a very spiritual experience. Swimming with the horses in Buccoo Bay was a highlight for me! I had the privilege of visiting more than once and each time, I felt more and more in tune with the horses, and experienced a deep calm that lasted well beyond my contact with the them. Veronika and Lennon have a very natural approach that is gentle and unhurried so everything happens at yours and your horse's pace. The horses are calm and well trained so that even very small children or people with impairments or disabilities can enjoy spending time with them. The charitable Healing with Horses Foundation is committed to promoting the therapeutic value of spending time with horses and has had amazing successes with summer camps and fun days for kids. This experience is not to be missed if you visit Tobago! I can't wait to go back!

Visited November 2011