“Great first time experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bon Accord
Sunshine Holiday Apartments
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I have been to Tobago many times with my family and stayed at different resorts, this was my first time at Sunshine. From my inquiry prior to booking, the dialogue was very friendly and helpful as I dealt with Anna. I informed Anna that I will be arriving in Tobago way before check-in at 2pm, she said once the room was ready before she will contact me, as was done, and I was able to check in "early". I stayed in one of the studio apts. with my wife and two children. The room was very clean and had all the amenities needed. Linens were changed regularly and the room cleaned. The people were very friendly and the grounds were well maintained. I will surely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank 971Roger13

Reviewed August 20, 2011

I must say that i was impressed from the very beginning, the warm welcome the early check-in (11 am instead of the alloted time of 2 pm) and the owner/Manager went out of their way to make our stay very comfortable. Thank you Bernadette and Anna for going the extra mile and for the wonderful surprise in our room on the night of my daughter's birthday. This was the perfect location as it was on the main road, close to the beaches, bakery, grocery, Airport etc.
We loved everything about our stay, we had no regrets!
It is truly everything that was advertised and more.

Room Tip: The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Sandy505
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Yes I am a born -again apartments having stayed at Jimmy's over the pass couple of years with my family. I got quite fed-up of them raising their rates by a hundred dollars every year and so I had to find another place. I saw sunshine apartments advertised in the catholic news and gave them a call . Bernadette gave me a great price for the room for easter and so I booked it.
My family of four arrived on march 29th and was amazed at this oasis in the bustle of Buccoo main road. The grounds were very relaxing and quiet and I couldn't wait to see our room.
Anna was our hostess and this lady really IS a hostess. She will make your stay at these apartments very comfortable . Soon she will not be a hostess but a friend.
The apartment was ready for us and on entering I realize the attention to detail on making this apartment more like Hilton or Grafton. The colour decor was tropical, the floor tiled and the beds very soft and cozy. The Kitchen has corelle plates and cups ( not just any old glass plates like other places), nice microwave and a fridge the same height as me( five feet). Little soap bars were in the bathroom and fresh fluffy towels. This is what you will get at a posh five star hotel . Our dining table had a linen table cloth not plastic . The pool was a great hit with our children ( 8 and 10 years old) and made friends with the our kids staying here.
Location is great when you have a car brought in with the ferry from Trinidad. Car rentals here are crazy especially in eastertime.
I am without a doubt go there every year from now on. My children will be very excited when I tell them we are going SUNSHINE HOLIDAY APARTMENTS.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank trinigirl32
Reviewed February 14, 2010

This hotel is generally nice. The staff were very courteous and the cleanliness of the rooms was very good. The pool was nice. The kitchen was quite useful and every other ammenity functioned well.....My fiance and I had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DRAM09
Reviewed August 18, 2009

My Family and I visited Sunshine Holiday Apsrtments and was extremely disappointed. We were subjected to a very loud airconditioning unit which was in appropriately positioned so half the room was cold. The bathroom had no ventilation which I think is a building violation. The kitchen was horribly designed with a very small fridge that leaked water on the floor every two days. There were no cupboards to put our canned foodstuff so it remained in the boxes we came with which got wet from the fridge some day. The stove was also low and small but atleast it worked oven and all. Ithink they intended to accommodate dwarfs and miggets.. The kitchen hardly had space for two people to stand and lets say try cutting up vegetables no counter space. The living room three seater chair was shakingand i am sure will break before the week is out. the dinning table was small and the chairs was shaky as well. The green table cloth was very nasty and stained.The beds were big but you are sure to have back aches in the morning and believe it or not some horrible dreams. As you open the back door you are greeted by the cannal ansd a fence and there is a short tired line that you can attempt to hang your wet clothes on .You would be better keeping that door closed.
THE POOL WAS ACTUALLY NICE PARKING CAN BE A REAL HASSLE I SUGGEST REVERSE PARKING. THE GATEWAY TO THE COMPOUND IS A VERY TIGHT FIT SO ONLY ONE CAR CAN ENTER OR EXIT THE COMPOUND AT A TIME GOD FORBID THERE IS A EMERGENCY AND THE BUILDING NEEDS TO BE EVACUATED. HALF AN HOUR AFTER WE WERE SHOWN OUR ROOMS I WAS READY TO ASK FOR A REFUND. I DECIDED NOT TO MAKE A SCENE BECAUSE THEY WOULD OF HAD TO SURELY CALL THE POLICE FOR ME. THIS PLACE IS FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO OTHER OPTION FOR WHAT EVER REASON. DONT LET THERE PRETTY WEBPAGE FOOL YOU. AT $550.00 A NIGHT I EXPECTED BETTER. YOU HAVE TWO CHOICES YOU CAN BELIEVE ME OR STILL GO BUT I GUARANTEE THAT WHEN YOU REACH YOU WILL SAY "WHAT THE *********************************"

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank Ihris
Reviewed January 10, 2009

this place is great. i'd totally stay there agen. travellin 2 tobago often, i've learnt that what u see on the internet isn't always what u get. i was a bit skeptical with this place but on arrival i realised that the establishment was true to its advertising. the pool is gorgeous, the rooms are clean and the room my family and i stayed in, in particular, exceeded our expectations, where space was concerned, by far. it was almost the size of a small house. it has a gr8 location: close 2 the airport, storebay and the supermarket. and for all those who like to party its a stone's throw away from one of the hottest night spots in tobago, Shade. you'll enjoy ur stay here i'm sure.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank Fuzzilumkins
Reviewed January 9, 2009

Stayed at Sunshine last year with some friends. Wasn't bad...Clean rooms, kitchen with microwave(yeah!). The receptionist was friendly enough. Don't expect any grand welcome or accommodations. More suitable for young people. It was a comfortable experience for us. Plus it was on the main road so if you don't have a car; transport, food and entertainment were easily accessible. Oh! but the pool area needs an upgrade!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
#2 of 20 in Crown Point
Bananaquit Apartments
Bananaquit Apartments
#4 of 14 in Crown Point

Been to Sunshine Holiday Apartments? Share your experiences!