“Beautiful, spacious home with beautiful lake...”
other travelers have booked this property
Great Room from entrance foyer View of Pool and Patio from back garden
Bedroom 2
Bath 2
Bedroom 3
Bath 3
View of great room from patio
Kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite counters, seating for 5 at breakfast bar
No Man's Land Sunset
No Man's Land
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
katgaskin
Toronto, Canada
“Beautiful, spacious home with beautiful lake views close to beaches and shops.”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

We stayed at The Lake House rental for 10 days with family (3 couples) and had a wonderful time enjoying the house, the pool and most definitely the outdoor sitting area watching all the wildlife across the lake. This is a great space for entertaining large groups (up to 15) as we had our extended family over for dinner on many occasions.

The location of Samaan Grove is perfect. A 10-minute drive from the beautiful Mt. Irvine beach, 15-minute drive from Pigeon Point (more of a tourist attraction) and a 5-min drive from the main street where there are lots of great fruit stands, restaurants and a large grocery store.

We all agreed that when we come back to Tobago we would definitely stay in the Samaan Grove rentals again.

Jan 9, 2016
Dear katgaskin,
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Tobago. However, I believe that you stayed at another house and not at ours. Our villa is Villa Colibri and we are not next to the pond. I believe I know the villa at which you stayed and that too is a beautiful property. All of the owners at Samaan Grove try to ensure that our guests are comfortable and I do hope that the next time you are planning a vacation in Tobago you will keep Villa Colibri in mind.

Patricia
Trinidad
Reviewed August 26, 2013 for a stay in September 2012

Older travelers
Aug 26, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property. It was a definite pleasure having you stay with us. We are looking forward to hearing from you for your next vacation.
nigeltrin...
Lima, Peru
“Beautiful Samaan Grove Villa”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 for a stay in April 2013
people found this review helpful

Stayed for 2 nights here while on business in Tobago. Grandparents and kids also joined us. The kids were not bored, which was interesting given the lack of video games. They enjoyed the serenity of the area, minimal noise and cool breezes. Pool was enjoyable especially as it was close the verandah.

High points - you get what you see. The pictures are not just staged. Very easy to get in and get out with help from housekeeper who visits daily. Great direcTV package and DVD player to keep you in touch along with great wifi service.

Low points - toiletries, walk with your soaps, shampoos, etc. Minor debate on how much tp you might have available from the home, so walk with extra if you are a cautious soul. If you have no car rental, be careful as the nearest super market is more of a short drive than walk. No Man's Land access is difficult, but definitely THE high point of staying here. Use a 4x4 and ask carefully if road conditions are good or not. You may need to pay to enter this area as a guest, check with the guard station. Next time I will try some bicycles.

Great place if you want to get away from the crowds. Take a stroll at night, stargazing is possible.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Clean
Liked least: Lighting
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Apr 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of Villa Colibri. I am happy to hear that your kids enjoyed their stay. I apologize for the lack of toiletries. The housekeeper is supposed to replace soap and toilet paper as needed and we do try to use quality products. You are right about No Man's Land access. The management of Samaan Grove has recently implemented and across the board charge for access to No Man's Land. Owners and guests pay the same charge of $200TT. The money will go towards repairing the "road" that was damaged during the rainy season. Unfortunately, owners have no say concerning the instituting of this fee. I hope that you will give us a chance to show you that we can live up to your expectations in every way.
north attleboro ma

Brooklyn, New York
“Loved it!!!!!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012 for a stay in March 2012
person found this review helpful

My grandfather past in March 2011 so I packed up our things and me and the the kids took our first trip to Trinidad to meet the rest of my family that arrived prior to. We decided to take a "break" from everything and decided to go to Tobago for a couple of days. Located this villa on trip advisor and contacted the owner. She was able to host a party of 5 adults & 2 kids in two days notice. Took the ferry across and was able to get a taxi to the property. No more than a 10 minute ride from the ferry port. We ended up hiring one of the taxi drivers to take us around Tobago. When we arrived to the house, OMG!! Immediately was in love with this place. Very spacious, super clean, every staff member we came across was very friendly and professional. Short drive to Store Bay. The kids had a ball in the pool. Washer/Dryer on premises.Less than five minute walk to the main road where you can catch a taxi or bus to take you around. We walked (15 minutes) to the shopping area where there were a couple of supermarkets, resturants, etc. My only complaint was there was no internet/wifi access. The reason I am just now posting this is because we are are taking a trip to Trinidad February 2013 & I would love to visit Tobago again. While searching vaction rentals, this villa populated and reminded me how much I loved it here. Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Tobago.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Nov 7, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review. It is our goal to ensure that we meet or exceed our guests' expectations. I do apologize for the lack of Internet. That situation was caused be a problem that the Internet company had with their underwater cable from the mainland of Trinidad. Thankfully that has since been rectified and our wifi is back up and running. I hope that you will be staying with us the next time you are in Tobago.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing