“Great, Great Family Vacation, Memories to Treasure, Just Breathtaking”
Review of Tobago Princess Day Cruiser - CLOSED

Tobago Princess Day Cruiser
More attraction details
Owner description: Tobago's most comfortable boat, join us on a coastal sea trip and view dolphins, go snorkeling, visit a secluded beach, bathe in the Nylon pool and view exotic fish.Enjoy a fabulous local lunch, prepared on-board included at no extra charge..
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My family and I enjoyed our first visit to Tobago, we were recommended to the Fun Cruise by a local agent, The trip started with a little rain,but the crew was fabulous and friendly, we did notice the boarding area was not the best,but we understand we paid for the cruise experience on the Tobago Princess, the boat was clean and comfortable, our catered local lunch was delicious, we snorkeled, saw dolphins and even spent time and the beach and lovely Nylon Pool. The Captain was friendly and certainly made a great effort to see that our fun cruise was enjoyed..The boat is amazing and trip is enjoyable, and of course a great value for your pocket book, unlike some other overpriced trips on the island. We will return soon, Thank you Tony and Captain Otis and crew.....

1  Thank Jackie C

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Reading the reviews it's hard to rationalize the extreme differences in experiences with Tobago Princess. My husband and I were also on the Dec 13th trip with Trini 1962. Our opinion matches her's with a couple of other comments. With regard to walking through a garbage dump to get to the boat...this is a very discouraging way to start an 'exciting tour'. While I see Tony is quick to blame others for this mess (and I don't doubt that it's not his responsibility) it IS the first thing his customers see when they arrive. I'd like to suggest that he pay one of his staff for 10 minutes a day to clean up the site. First impressions mean a lot. And speaking of first impressions...we had to wait for quite some time...I say 20 minutes, my husband says much longer for Tony to arrive on the vessel to collect his money. A good host would have been on the boat waiting for US. My husband and I also felt that the vessel lacked a pride in ownership. Some items in the parlor area not stowed properly, paint chips coming off the railings on your hands, a ratty basket used to stow the ropes, the ladder used to enter the water not fitting properly on the boat. Fixing those little things would go a long way to impressing guests. Lunch was indeed a bit of a mess. On the Tobago Princess website it says you'll enjoy a 'delicious' lunch. That might have been a stretch. And we all DID speak up about there being a problem with the food orders. Tony mentions that compensation was not necessary because 3 of the guests were on a FREE cruise - Really? The current offer is 'buy one - get one'. How did you know which guests were the Free ones?
This is not our first boat/snorkeling adventure - other experiences have the bar set much higher. Experiences that began with being greeted by the crew as we approached the boat and helped aboard. Certainly if there are critical issues, a guest should alert the crew, but it is my opinion that on a paid adventure it is incumbent upon the management and staff to provide a welcoming energy; to let the guests know where we are going and what we are seeing. They are the leaders of the adventure. While we were a small group on Dec 13th, we were a friendly and excited bunch. Sadly my husband and I were disappointed with our experience.
Another tip - with regard to the tidal flooding. I'd suggest you not park staff vehicles on the walkway, forcing clients to walk around them while also trying to navigate the rough & slippery concrete in ankle deep water.

2  Thank Flipfloplocations
BAGOTONY, Manager at Tobago Princess Day Cruiser, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

As we stated with other friends review, we strive for excellence and this is evident by our past reviews, it is unfortunate,but it seems that these people were simply not happy with anything.
It is impossible to imagine that they were unhappy with everything, complaints about the food, but all was eaten and enjoyed? We advise all passengers to bring issues to the attention of the Captain, and other than a food mixup, nothing else was mentioned...We are sorry they did not enjoy anything, if we were aware the Captain would have returned them to departure point immediatley. As mentioned Boarding jetty is a public venue were other boats, we are not permitted to have workers on public areas due to insurance reasons. Our interest is the comfort and safety of our passengers on the vessel.It would have been fair if the comments were made regarding the fun part of the cruise, but this was not the case,perhaps they would have preferred a compleley free cruise for all passengers,especially since nothing was mentioned about the hard work and efforts of the crew.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

We took this cruise on December 13, 2012. We arrived at the dock which required us to walk down a short road way that was strewn with garbage. The owner Tony came on board to supposedly welcome us but his welcome speech involved the trials and tribulations of living in Tobago. Really good for encouraging tourism. Our boat had engine trouble and the two crew focused on that issue for the full tour. There was never any narrative even though Tony advised us that one would be driving the boat and the other would be talking. For lunch we were asked prior to boarding if we wanted fish or chicken. When lunch was served there were 7 lunches for 8 people (6 guests, 2 crew). Most of us had ordered fish however only one lunch had fish the rest were chicken. To add insult to injury, one guest opened her lunch and there was absolutely no meat in it. To give credit to the crew they gave up their lunch. When we returned the walkway was under water and it was a bit difficult navigating back to the vehicle. At the hotel we provided feedback. At 8:25 am the next morning I received a call from Tony advising he heard I had some feedback and wanted to know what my concerns were regarding the trip. Tony advised that he takes full responsibility for the food but really it was not his fault as he did order the food correctly and he is going to speak to the caterer. He said if I notice they packed the food in bags. Well my response was there were 8 containers and on each one it was written if it was chicken or fish. Fairly easy to check. He pointed out a crew gave up his lunch. Okay. Then he never commented on the fact that they did not narrate even though I advised him. He said the garbage is the city's fault and "isn't it awful". Well that made me feel better....not! Simply getting someone to spend 10mins picking up garbage before guests arrive and putting it in a garbage bag would be a simpler solution as opposed to letting us know how awful the city is, in a place you would like guests to come back and visit. He asked me to convey to the other guests our conversation. I don't even know the other guests other than meeting them that day.
We only enjoyed the trip as the four other guests were a lot of fun and so we made the best of it. Would not do this tour with this company ever again.

1  Thank Trini1962
BAGOTONY, Manager at Tobago Princess Day Cruiser, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

We appreciate the constructive comments, and yes there was a mixup on food selection,however it seems all the guests enjoyed the food,our comment history reflects many satisfied customers.
We regret that two passengers were unhappy that the food choice was not correct, we were unable to compensate the guests because 3 of them were on a "FREE" cruise, so they did not pay for the trip. We are of course disappointed that this was not mentioned, in any case we desire all our passengers to be happy, and in reference to the boarding jetty, this is in fact operated by the government and we have no control over the area, we have complained and hopefully this will be addressed,we share this boarding jetty with many other vessels in Tobago. During all cruises a Captain is present onboard and if any of the issues had been mentioned, they would have been corrected immediatley. It is difficult to fix a problem,when it is not mentioned until hours after the cruise

Reviewed December 30, 2011

My family chartered the boat over the Thanksgiving break. It was the highlight of our trip. Everyone enjoyed the cruise. It brought the family together for a wonderful experience. His captain and staff members were very hospitable in making sure we had a good time. I look forward to be back on Tobago Princess.