“WONDERFUL HOTEL”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deer Park
Oregon, United States
“WONDERFUL HOTEL”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My husband and I were so happy with our room and the it was not that expensive! Wonderful beds!!! The breakfast was great. We called ahead to check in at noon to change our clothes and they had our room ready at 11:34!!! Great place to stay

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for three nights in January. It was cold and stormy outside and warm and cozy inside. Very friendly staff that made our stay fun. We had two adult kids and us in a suite which was very reasonable in price and worked out well with sleeping arrangements. Loved the breakfast in the morning and like the convenience to an outdoor shopping area. We look forward to our next visit.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Huntington, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed here for a wedding while 7.5 months pregnant. They had free cookies waiting for us, with 10 written in frosting hoping for our stay to be a 10, which it was. They also recognized a Guest of the Day. They also gave a shuttle service from the hotel to the reception and back to ensure safe driving. A lot of little touches that made it really nice. The shower was huge! I really enjoyed my time. Breakfast offered a lot, but some of the egg and produce wasn't very tasty. Very close to great shopping, too!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Bed and bath were comfortable and clean. Parking and access were smooth. No security concerns here. Breakfast tables needed to be cleaned more quickly. Two waffle makers; needed more for the guests they have routinely. Also donuts would be nice.

Naperville, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel as part of a friend's wedding-block-of-rooms. The hotel staff was very courteous. The room was clean and spacious. We had a very enjoyable night at this hotel. The night staff was very complimentary to the wedding party and guests and was very helpful with the late-night needs of the group.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Mahwah, New Jersey
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed here two nights as it was the "wedding hotel" for a family wedding. For the most part this is a clean and comfortable place that was perfectly fine for what I needed. The room was well-maintained, the mattress was in good shape, the HVAC worked nicely, and it was a safe environment.

Location-wise, it is a "straight shot" off of I-94 on West Lake Cook Road, which was surprisingly congested on the Friday afternoon I arrived. As others have mentioned, a convenient aspect of this hotel's location is that it is basically in front of Deer Park Town Center, which is an outdoor shopping center that includes a movie theater, some chain restaurants (like Panera, California Pizza Kitchen, etc.) so you can easily drive to food and shopping without getting on Lake Cook Road. If you want a nice long walk it looks like you could walk to the shopping center but especially in the evening I didn't feel like I wanted to do that.

This could be an excellent hotel, but it fell short on a few issues. They weren't huge problems, but prevented me from giving it five stars. I always like a small refrigerator in my room, and so I called the hotel directly a few days before my arrival to request one. The front desk person said they were busy with a phone call and a guest and so she transferred me to the main reservations phone number. The agent on the line wasn't too sure why that happened, but she put my request into my reservation and then strongly urged me to call back the hotel to request with them directly. So, I called the hotel back and got a front desk person who wouldn't take the request because they said that if the note was in my reservation file, that's all they needed. Of course, when I checked-in, there was no request on file for the fridge. They eventually delivered one to my room, but I felt frustrated that I had tried to streamline this process and ended up having three phone conversations that were for naught.

The room and hotel were both basically very clean, with the exception of the lap desk in my room, which had some gunk on it. When I went out for dinner the first night I requested this be cleaned, which it was before I returned. The bathroom sink and counter were too tall for my 5'4" self to easily use for brushing my teeth and washing my face unless I went on tiptoes.

I appreciate having a 24 hour hot beverage station in the lobby, but it wasn't attended to very well. Every time I went to make myself some hot tea, the water was tepid and the little trash container on the counter needed emptying. Finally at 11 p.m. on my last night I really wanted actual hot tea, so I checked the water and it was lukewarm. I asked the front desk person if there was water that was hot, and he said "no, I'd have to make some more." I waited for him to realize this is what he should do, but eventually he offered to get me some hot water "from the back" and he returned with half a cup of hot water, which I settled for. I've been at other hotels where they manage to maintain their beverage stations beautifully, so if this property could be more on the ball about this, it would go a long way.

Management says they want guests to be "extremely satisfied" and provided a note with a manager's direct email so that we can tell them about anything that did not meet that standard. Three days ago I wrote the manager with a description of these little issues that would prevent me from saying I was "extremely satisfied" and to date I have not received a response. Hopefully they will care about the details that make the difference between good and excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Jamestown NY
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I typically stay at Hamptons and like them. This one was no exception. The interior was pleasant and the room was clean, which one expects at a Hampton. Breakfast was good. What I particularly liked about this property was the location. It was in a quiet area with a small pond very near by. There was a concrete sidewalk around the pond which made for a nice walk. About 1/2 mile away was a cubby of well known stores and restaurants that went on and on. The hotel offered finger foods from roughly 4:30-6:30 with $2 wines and beers. The night I was there they served small prime rib sandwiches. The lively town of Barrington IL was minutes away, which has a vibrant downtown area with an Andersons candy store and 2 dynamite thrift stores. The manager was helpful in photocopying some materials for me and the woman on the morning shift was also helpful. All in all, a very nice stay.

Room Tip: I was in room #313 which was very nice.