All reviewsloch carronfish and chipsreal alevenison steakhighland hospitalitynext morningisle of skyecomfortable roomsstayed for nightsporridgebiscuitscooked breakfastlevel crossingkylescotlandaleshillwalking
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Pleasant clean room with tea making facilities. Warm welcome on front desk bar staff must have been too busy to smile.....shame really would have made a difference. Breakfast very nice and again the owners were very welcoming

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I came upon the Strathcarron Hotel after cycling all day to the local campsite to find it closed. The staff, Ossian & Andy were great. They let me pitch my tent in the Hotel garden, with the chickens, who didn't seem to mind. They let me use the toilet facilities to wash & brush up. I had a lovely meal & breakfast the next morning before setting off again.
Ossian was a cyclist too so we chatted about bikes & trips. He was very informative about the local area, Plockton & Skye which is where I was heading.
Really lovely setting, lovely staff & a total relief to find somewhere to eat & sleep after a hard day.
I can't review the majority of the Hotel facilities as I didn't see them but judging by the warm friendly staff & the cleanliness of what I did see, I can imagine that the Hotel would rate highly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stopped for a bite to eat in this cute little village, menu is extensive with a number of specials on each day, the staff are friendly the service quick, prices reasonable and they welcome dogs too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We happened to pass this hotel and stopped, marvellous friendly staff and family, a lot of the bigger hotels can learn from the smaller hotels what is needed ,well done keep it up we are coming back to Scotland next year and will stay here again Thanks again you were great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had been travelling for some time and looking for somewhere to eat, Strathcarron fit the bill nicely. The food is basic pub grub but well cooked and well presented. We both had brie wedges and burgers which were very good but the portions were huge so we could not finish them. I would definitely return if I was in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple