“Beautiful Meal with Friendly Service”
Review of Carron Restaurant

Carron Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Really enjoyed our meal and the friendly service and cosy surroundings were well received. I started with the Scottish smoked meats and my girlfriend has the chicken liver pate. Both were amazing and set us up nicely for our Venison main courses which were cooked beautifully. We'll definitely be back when we're next in Lochcarron.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Made a trip to Lochcarron for lunch only to find 'The Bistro ' was disappointingly closed so the Carron Restaurant was our nearest option.

Reasonably good selection of dishes which looked home cooked and generally good quality. However, my partner opted for chargrilled pork sausage with chips. It's a real shame that at nearly £9 this consisted of two what appeared to be basic supermarket sausages and some decent chips. Not good enough - surely decent locally made sausages are available.

4  Thank FOODIE51_13
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We popped into this restaurant whilst staying locally in the area on holiday. It was easy to find, attractive inside and out with ample parking.

The menu was modest but with variety and with some good vegetarian options. We chose the rump steak which came with fried onion, mushrooms, chips or jacket potato and side salad. The steak was delicious and it was so nice to have an imaginative side salad (containing couscous, pulses, coleslaw as well as leaves, tomato and cucumber).
On this occasion we decided on just ice cream with hot chocolate sauce for dessert.

During our stay we ‘popped back’ on two more occasions sampling the beer battered haddock (the batter was light and crispy), the venison (beautifully tender), the Victoria sandwich and honey flavoured egg custard. The tablet was delicious too.

In between courses we were entertained by the unique puzzle table mats and Michelle was always on hand with the answer to that annoying one you could not get!

A friendly relaxed atmosphere, everything cooked to order, prices although not cheap reflected the quality and freshness of the beautifully cooked food.

1  Thank PhAndPa
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had a wonderful lunch here---stopped just by happenstance---my husband and I had the best homemade lentil soup--ever! I had the courgette and nut loaf---vegan and totally awesome! Michelle says she usually has a vegetarian option, but I lucked out on a day she had something without dairy! Woo hoo! My husband had a carnivore dish--sausage and chips, which he loved. The atmosphere is very homey and both Michelle and Peter are very personable...one of the best moments was when I asked if the loaf was vegan and Michelle went to the kitchen and pulled out her handwritten recipes to double-check...I highly recommend their restaurant and be sure to look at the photo collages on the wall---showing the building of their restuarant. A really nice family business.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Husband and myself visited early Sat evening when restaurant was very quiet. Both ordered venison which to be frank at £19.95 each for venison and baked potato for husband(tasted ok but looked very uninteresting on the plate and Venison with chips and salad bowl for me, was very over priced we feel for what was delivered on the plate. We only paid £25 in total as I have a Gourmet Society card which made the meal ok value but would have been seriously disappointed if been charged full price. Just very uninspiring plate of food. Staff lovely and friendly but let down by presentation of food. Had to ask for the accompanying chutney which had been left on the counter. Couldn't quite work out the bill that arrived at our table either but let it go. Unfortunately won't be rushing back which is a disappointment after reading previous reviews. Maybe we just visited on a not so good evening.

1  Thank lorna h