ibis Zurich Adliswil
  • Room Service
  • Fitness center
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
All reviewspublic transportovernight stoproom was cleanclose to the hotelrooms are basiccheap hotelnight stayvery nice hoteltrain stationmotorwaycitycoopkettlelake
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 16, 2013

In general, it is a not very bed hotel, not far from Zurich. Advantage of this hotel is restaurant on first floor and free parking. As hotel is located in suburbs of Zurich, there are not many choices for eating in the evening. Even local people come in the restaurant.
About some strange things in this hotel (that I dislike):
1. I booked a room for 1 night with condition – pay room in hotel (not prepaid) with possibility of annulation any time before day of arriving. Hotel blocked full amount of my reservation 3 days before my arrival, when my reservation could be annulated without any penalties. It is incomprehensible! Why do it when my reservation is guaranteed by credit and hotel is not full at all! And hotel tested my card during reservation. No one other IBIS did it during all my experience of stay in this brand of hotels. And the amount is still blocked on my card.
2. We indicated that we are 3 persons, 2 adult and child and a child, we paid for room for 3 people. In other IBIS (Luzern and Lausanne) was second bed for baby – here administrator asks do you need second bed? And it was already evening. So the room is not prepared... I refused the second bad because I wanted to rest and not to see personal preparing my room.
3. It was only one hotel during my journey in Switzerland who forget to transfer A-club points…

So standard IBIS but with some disappointing details.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VladimirS1981
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Clean and comfortable room with a very nice shower cubicle. Perfect for us to visit friends in the area. Good parking and easy access to motorway. Restaurant seemed fine but we only used it for coffee because we ate with friends.
Free WiFi everywhere including fre use of Hotel PCs. Good price by means of online advance booking and prepayment.
Would stay again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2013

A simple, clean and comfortable hotel for those who like to visit downtown w/o their oun car. Easy to park, to pick the bus and tram.
I would prefer to have to 2 towels (the big one for body and the small one for face) instead of one.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I thought this hotel was a great value. It is reasonably priced with a decent restaurant if you want breakfast or a quick meal. My room was small but this is not unusual for Europe. It is easily accessible by the Number 7 tram or the S4 rail line to Sood-Oberleimbach from both you have to take the 184 or 185 bus to Sunnau. However, if you take the S4 you can easily take a nice 10 minute walk via the walking trails through the woods to the hotel. If you are not familiar with the Zurich transportation network you could be a bit intimidated. You have to buy a two zone fare card if you stay here. There are great walking/running/bike trails through the nearby woods. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a third floor room overlooking the adjacent soccer pitch which added a interesting diversion when games were going on.
1  Thank mpfsarge
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I emailed requesting Eary check in and they were able to help
Most hotels are not good on this point

In all cases staff were very friendly and helpfull

rooms a bit small and basic but I will stay here again

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com