If your expectations are neither too high nor too low, then you probably would feel at home at this Ibis Hotel. For it is not too luxurious, nor is it a "flea bag" hotel. Like the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears, it's probably "just right." Well, that is if you are traveling by car, don't mind being in the middle of nowhere, don't need air conditioning on hot Swiss nights, and don't want to spend all of your CH francs on the usually high priced Swiss accommodations.
As described by other reviewers, this Ibis property is close to the major highways, but not really near any services and not close to the city. It is near the town of Adliswil and there is not much around the hotel except the BMW dealer. We recently used the hotel as our "base" for trips to downtown Zurich, to Luzern, and to the Zurich international airport. It was a decent location, except if you are in a hurry, since there can be a lot of traffic on work days.
We had to use the car to find shopping and eating places. One place we strongly recommend is the Bakerei Winter, just down the hill, right off Zurichstrasse, in the downtown area. They make the best Berliner we've eaten in many years and their other pastries (try the almond "Danish") were all wonderful. In fact, breakfast there was so good (we ate on the bench outside) that we ordered their sandwiches to go ("take away" in the UK) and enjoyed a great picnic lunch later on.
The rooms were clean but not large, one small step above college dormitory in decor, and in need of further sound proofing. In fact, we heard noises from the floor above nearly all night, both nights. We jokingly called it "walking man." Who was that guy? Well, having to fall asleep with TV news wasn't all that bad since they offered cable channels in four languages.
While they do have free parking, the spaces barely fit even small cars.And don't be too late coming home, as most of the available spaces seem to run out by dark. They offer free use of a computer (two in fact!) in the lobby, but there is no printer, so we could not get our boarding passes, despite the best efforts of the helpful hotel staff. Again, if you don't expect too much, you won't leave the Adlisvill Ibiss disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Zurich Adliswil hotel is located in a quiet setting, close to a forest and the A3 motorway leading to Chur. Only 5 km from the centre and 12 km from the Messe Oerlikon Exhibition Centre, it is ideal for weekends and business stays. The hotel has 73 rooms, a restaurant, a terrace, a bar serving light meals and snacks 24/24, and free private outdoor parking. Guests on a business trip have Wifi wireless Internet access. Tennis just 100 m away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Accorhotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your ibis Zurich Adliswil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Zurich Adliswil Hotel
- Ibis Hotel Zurich Adliswil