Our first impressions were not great because out bedroom was small and with very tired decor. However things picked up when we came down to dinner! The bar was friendly and local in atmosphere and then we had the best pub grub ever! Such a simple idea to take pub classics but cook them to the very highest standards. The scampi, chicken, steak pie and chips all sound a bit boring. They weren't! The best chips we have ever eaten, triple cooked and sensational! The scampi was fresh and lightly tempura battered. The steak pie was everything most steak pies are not, succulent and with fabulous shortcrust pastry on top, actually all cooked together. Dinner was fabulous. So was breakfast. What a shame the beds are so uncomfortable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residential Country Inn situated one mile east of the A1. A feasting and meeting place for families, clubs and business people, a friendly local pub serving real ales and a superb restaurant where the atmosphere is relaxed whilst the service is impeccable. 7 en-suite bedrooms. Disabled access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Book Direct Rooms and Hotel.de so you can book your The Nags Head Residential Country Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Nags Head Residential Country Inn And Restaurant
- The Nags Head Residential Country Inn & Restaurant Hotel Pickhill