We are regular visitors to the Nag's Head.We cherish the whole package; the village setting, atmosphere of the lounge and bar, the clean and well appointed rooms but most of all the food. Ever since our first visit four years ago this aspect has always impressed; so much so it has become a bench-mark for us - seldom if ever bettered. The proprietors provide a quality of service which is attentive without being intrusive - your needs are anticipated and dealt with the minimum of fuss. Their regular support staff are equally helpful and friendly too. But it's the back-room boys who deserve a special mention - if you are looking for a fine dining experience in the homely setting of a cosy pub - look no further. The food is superb and delightfully presented - even breakfast receives special touches. The chef's here turn out food of a consistently high standard, the best yet on our last visit [21/22 Sept] which included grouse on the menu. Such quality is not easy given the current economic climate where establishments like this are expected to up their game to fend off stiff competition in a shrinking market. Excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residential Country Inn situated one mile east of the A1. A feasting and meeting place for families, clubs and business people, a friendly local pub serving real ales and a superb restaurant where the atmosphere is relaxed whilst the service is impeccable. 7 en-suite bedrooms. Disabled access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Book Direct Rooms and Expedia so you can book your The Nags Head Residential Country Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Nags Head Residential Country Inn And Restaurant
- The Nags Head Residential Country Inn & Restaurant Hotel Pickhill