The Country Cottage Hotel
PremierInn.com
$67
$78
$72
Travelodge Nottingham Riverside Hotel(Nottingham)(Great Value!)
$73
Orbitz.com
$50
$57
$55
Travelocity
Grantham Hotel(West Bridgford)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshanging basketsfull englishbridal suiteheld our weddingfunction roomdressing tablesunday lunchdaughters weddingwedding receptionroll top bathwedding venuebooked this hotelbed was very comfortablewould stay againlovely roomshort staytea and coffee
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I also purchased a Groupon voucher deal and reading the many that have used them recently there are mixed reviews. However, the most positive aspect is that it is clear that the management have reacted to comments on here and improved the stay for the many customers they clearly get via Groupon. Myself and my fiancee are having our wedding at The Country Cottage next year and thought it was an ideal opportunity to sample the food and stay in the hotel without breaking the bank. We have eaten here before and it was very good, but this time it was excellent. It was clearly a new chef in place. The only minor negative in an otherwise perfect meal was that the side order of vegetables (no longer charged for to groupon customers) was a little on the al dente side. Edible for me but not as well done as my fiancee and many others like. A comfortable bedroom was complimented by a delicious buffet breakfast. This clearly had quality ingredients unlike some other hotels who churn out cheap rubbish. We upgraded to the Full English and were not disapointed. We left very happy that we are putting our trust in these people to ensure the happiest day of our lives next year will be perfect.

Room Tip: There are so many individual rooms, I think you would need to stay a few times to get an idea of what you like. We stayed in Saffron which wasnt massive but an adequate size for a one night stay, and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 574RichC
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights upon arrival was show to my room that was a complete joke from the min I walked in my first night I didn't have any power I went to reception 5 times about this very poor efforts of tring to repair this once I woke in the morning power was back on !
The pillows on the bed should have been binned about 10 years ago very poor decor in room there was a chair but not enough room to suit upon this as it was jammed in at the dressing table and bed
No heating in room very very cold
Very little staff to serve food and drinks some very ignorat older men from the funny hand shake club very poor manors for anyone staying at the hotel
Food was ok didn't expect too much after seeing my room
Ran out of bottled beer
When I checked out I wasn't asked how my stay was ill not be returning to this hotel again

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Squarebaws
Andysturt, Owner at The Country Cottage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

We do not usually reply to the reviews made by our guests on Trip Advisor as we feel that everybody is entitled to view their own thoughts whether they are good or bad. Fortunately, most of the reviews we get are very good. However, on very rare occasions we get reviews that are very unjust and completely untrue which need to be addressed. Which is the case in this instance, when a business gentleman came to stay on Monday 22nd October and was given one of our smaller, standard double rooms with a large bathroom. Unfortunately we did have problems with the power tripping out several times during the evening which David, our Duty Manager rectified on each occasion. The electrician was called the following day to check the electric circuit and found nothing wrong with our system and advised us that the problem perhaps occurred because a guest was using an appliance which wasn’t compatible.

As for the poor decor of the bedroom, this bedroom was decorated 3 months ago and the pillows have since been inspected and they are very expensive feather pillows with no stains or marks. If the guest is complaining that the pillows are too thin there were 4 pillows on the bed for the 1 guest to use.

As for the heating the hotel was full and if the heating was not working somebody would have informed us, so perhaps it was a matter of the guest turning the thermostat on the radiator. The comments regarding the ignorant older men with the funny handshake. We take great exception to this and are very angry about these remarks. These gentlemen are all middleclass business people that belong to Rotary clubs and come to the hotel for meetings and dinners every week. There is certainly nothing ignorant about them.

As for the bottled beer, we may have ran out of his preference of Corona beer towards the end of his stay but we did have other bottled beer in the cellar. We don’t keep a lot of bottled beer on the premises as a lot of our guests prefer to drink draught beer.

We are in the fortunate position that we are particularly busy Monday-Friday with business people, so we must be doing something right.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Just back from a one night stay on a Groupon deal.

I have to say that reading some of the reviews my expectations weren't particularly high but I was pleasantly surprised.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the hotel had charm in a sort of slightly worn way, the room was clean and a decent size, with a comfy bed. The evening meal was excellent and certainly exceeded my expectations (I was advised by the duty manager that it was a new chef so this may account for the improvement against previous comments). My girlfriend and I both opted for the pork which came with ample free potatoes and veg (little tip there for you Groupon customers worrying about extra costs!). We paid for the cooked breakfast in the morning which was buffet style and decent enough quality.

Yes, the hotel could do with a new carpet here and there and a lick of paint in places, but these are small quibbles really. For what we paid, it was excellent value and a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Short visit, one night on Groupon deal. Room was lovely, a little worn at the edges but full of character and charm. staff were very helpful and friendly. meal on night was really good. real fast was just continental but reckon I could have sneaked a little egg and bacon! it all was great. Not much to see in Ruddington itself so drove out to West Bridgeport for more shops etc.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Recently stayed here on a business trip for a couple of nights. Room ok, very "quaint". Cleaner could do with a lesson on how to use a vacuum cleaner, full of cob webs around carpet and fireplace. Decor is not perfect. Nice bar area but no atmosphere as most people staying are there on business and are alone. Food quite good, quite expensive. Best tip is go to three spices India restaurant over the road as it is excellent and reasonably priced, clean and modern.

• Stayed: October 2012