“Christmas meal”

Richmond Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Bo'ness B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Normaly wouldnt fault the place but after my christmas meal there i swear i wil never eat in there again! £50 for staff that looked lost and didnt kno what table to serve, undercooked veg that actually slid off the plate when trying to cut it, the pre made sliced stuffing was burnt on 1 side finally the roast potatoes.. Had 1 soggy that fell apart and the other was solid! Disgusting!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank glowrie

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Having read previous reviews of the Richmond park,my wife and I were a bit apprehensive,we need not have been.Our room and bathroom were spotless and kept that way during our 3 day stay.The food was good,and the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful.This was one of the best short breaks we have been on.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jimrae
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Having just come home after 2 very comfortable nights, this hotel is very clean and comfortable and the breakfast was lovely contrary to what some say and evening meal good too.All the staff were lovely and very pleasant.The only drawback in the room was the bathroom which could have do with a face lift but overall great stay.Thank You...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Ate dinner on Saturday night with my family. Had chicken fajitas which were mouth watering and had excellent flavouring. The atmosphere was friendly and warming and the apple crumble was to die for. Overall this was a good experience and would highly recommend this restaurant to others to try for themselves.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were a party of six on a Saturday night having a farewell meal with our Canadian friends. The starters were OK but 3 of us ordered Steak Pie and when it came it was burnt, even the meat underneath, and was very salty. the pastry was "chewy". This is the first steak pie my husband and I have ever left and I left over half. the other 3 meals were just Ok and we felt really let down so much so that 4 of us didn't order sweets. However, the 2 that did had the sticky toffee pudding and I must admit it was lovely as I had a spoonful. I did tell the waitress about the steak pie and she said she would tell the chef. that was it. I'm afraid that this experience has put me off and I will not be back unless I hear that it has gotten better. Hard earned money going to waste, is not on.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank holidayfanatic103
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The staff of this small hotel are very friendly. The rooms are a bit basic and dated and certainly could do with a bit of updating. Free wifi in the reception area was a bonus. We ate in the restaurant and the food was good, particularly the soup. Prices very reasonable. Breakfast was really not very good at all. Choice of cereals very limited and the cooked breakfast was a great disappointment. The sausages in particular were uneatable - the sausages tasted as if they were mainly bread. Would I want to stay there for multiple nights? Probably not but perfectly OK for one night.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Arrived slightly uptight after being 'bumped' by another Hotel close by following an alleged double-booking. The Receptionist was lovely and very efficient.

The room was small-ish but spotless and very comfortable. We dined in the Richmond Grill and the food was first class, very reasonably priced with excellent service from the Staff. Breakfast the following morning was very good indeed.

All in all, a very nice place to stay and eat and I would have no hesitation in recommending this Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bo'ness
Macdonald Inchyra Hotel & Spa
Leapark Hotel
Leapark Hotel
#2 of 4 in Grangemouth
Premier Inn Falkirk North Hotel

Been to Richmond Park Hotel? Share your experiences!