“Not reasonable enough.”

Parkway Hotel Surigao
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Surigao City
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Hotel stafsf are ok. Location is quite okay, but the room and hotel its self is far from okay.!!!!! Whe i enteredthe hotel im surprised with the appearance however when i started to roam around, I saw wall cracks everywhere. Its like building will collapse anytime because like what I said cracks are everywhere. I entered my room and it suprises me. I feel like inside a sauna or maybe inside the oven. Its hell hot. I kept the ac unit open maybe it will cool after few hours when i leave. When i came back nothing happens i just found out that the cieling of each room is just inches away from the roof. They didnt even bother to put insulation so even if you will have 2 ac units are working still nothing will happen. Im planning to stay 4 nights but now i decided to change hotel that is ok.

Room Tip: Just go somewhere else youll feel hot and cold at the same time.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mejorell
There are newer reviews for Parkway Hotel Surigao

Reviewed April 19, 2014

A little disappointing this time. I was here last October & this time I noticed many cracks in the walls & ceiling. I don't think it was a result of earthquakes etc more likely shoddy work practices. Not a good look this should be rectified as soon as possible.Staff were great. Service great, BUT the breakfast was woeful. The toast looks like it had sat in the Sun for 5 minutes. It was not even coloured,it was soft like un toasted bread. I just want to forget the scrambled eggs as they were not so tasty & also were cold. I used to eat out in the day/evening time because I didn't want to be disappointed with these meals. They may have been fine but I didn't want to take a chance.
I entertained at the Tavern Hotel because the food was excellent there & the price very competitive. Yes I would stay there again BUT not eat there

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We just got back from Surigao and we stayed here for 5 nights and we loved it. No problem with wifi, the staff were very polite and helpful. I would say the room needs a bar fridge it would be great and look into maybe a breakfast buffet instead of two options for breakfast. Although I loved the food at the restaurant. And I enjoyed my breakfast. Also there is a pharmacy downstairs next to the hotel and a shop for any essentials. Overall great experience :)

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Aralee_88
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The last 3 times i stayed here, November, January and March, there was no wifi in the whole hotel and i am afraid it will repel many potential guests. I had to take a tricycle to go to a coffee shop to check my emails and it s not near!! When you inquire ahead by phone they reply YES we have but that's really bad because the last 4 months there is none really.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Pete G
ParkwayHotelSurigao, General Manager at Parkway Hotel Surigao, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

We would like to thank you for taking time to share your experience,we assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to improve the quality of wifi connection. thank you very much we truly hope to welcome you back here at parkway hotel.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

The first impression was good - there was someone from the hotel waiting for us at the airport even though we didn't ask for it. Then it appeared that the same driver could take us to town (the hotel is on the way from the airport to the city) or to the ferry next morning - it was all free of charge. Unfortunately, that's where the good experience finished. During check in we were informed that the wifi didn't work. We made our reservation via Booking, our room supposed to have "mountain view", but we had a view for a wall that was half a meter from the window. It wasn't even possible to check what was the weather. It appeared that wifi was not the only thing that didn't work, it was also tv (for few hours during the first day and then in the morning of the second day), the Internet didn't work at the computer in lounge neither. We felt like in the desert.
We went for a lunch to the hotel's restaurant and it was surprisingly good. Unfortunately the breakfast didn't meet our expectations - there was only rice with some Asian specialties (like fish heads), no tea - only coffee. I asked for toasts, so they prepared it for me, but they didn't even have jam, just honey.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Caryca_Katarzyna

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel, we apologize if we did not meet your expectation. We appreciate that you have shared your concern and rest assured that we will improve our hotel service.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed here for a night as it was near my target destination for business purposes and the airport. My room was small, good for one person but nice and cozy. I'm not sure though if the heater in the shower worked. My main problem was the noise outside considering the hotel is just along the highway. Thus, I didn't get much sleep. The hotel though was very accessible to other places and the staff were very accommodating. Breakfast wasn't great, but complimentary.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
ParkwayHotelSurigao, Guest Relations Manager at Parkway Hotel Surigao, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for choosing Parkway Hotel.

We have taken note of your comments to help us improve the hotel's services and facilities. With regards to breakfast at our Flavor's Restaurant, rest assured that we take your comments for further improvements on our foods and services.

We look forward to seeing you soon in Parkway Hotel Surigao.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I moved from a waterfront hotel to Parkway on advice from a local because the recent big typhoon was coming & it was thought to be a bit safer. That turned out to be the case. The hotel was nice & clean especially the bathroom. It was good value for money. The staff were as friendly & helpful as any hotel staff I have ever encountered. The only minus was the breakfast menu. Food was cold & menu not very inviting. Evening meals were fine. Would I stay there again? Sure I will be staying there again next April.

Room Tip: If in a typhoon as I was get a room in the middle of the Hotel it really was very safe.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank DaveandSan
ParkwayHotelSurigao, Guest Relations Manager at Parkway Hotel Surigao, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. With regards to foods and our Flavors restaurant's menu, rest assured that we take your comments to our restaurant manager for further improvements on our foods and services.

We are looking forward for your next visit here in Parkway Hotel.

See you soon! :)

#3 of 9 in Siargao Island
One Hive Hotel
One Hive Hotel
#4 of 16 in Surigao City

Been to Parkway Hotel Surigao? Share your experiences!