All reviews air conditioning bread meats cheese wifi mountains
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2017

We were staying with a large group of cyclists (an Oak Hall group) there were 50 of us and the hotel was superb. Lovely room with a view to the mountains, comfortable beds, very clean. Extremely helpful staff coping with all sorts of food preferences/allergies, with endless patience and good humour.
The meals were wonderful. I am half Italian, so really appreciated the varied pasta courses- sometimes they produced local specialities...other times there was a themed dinner featuring other regions. They often brought round second helpings- much appreciated after our cycle trips. I loved the breakfasts too- plenty of choice, and a particularly delicious polenta cake turned up some days for breakfast. A great experience-many thanks to this lovely hotel

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed August 29, 2015

We were on a large group package holiday - a week of activities like sailing, canoeing, hiking, cycling - being run for the first time in Italy by Oak Hall. We were so impressed by the hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, well designed and comfortable. They provided us with a room for meetings, were so relaxed about us taking over the lobby, patient with our broken Italian, flexible about our meal requests... We couldn't praise them more, it was a wonderful stay!
There is wifi - in reception area, not in your rooms (unless you're lucky and get random signal for 2 minutes). I think if you were staying here on your own, the signal would be fine (it was only when 60 odd Brits all tried to use it at once before dinner that it fell over!).
Meals were varied, with hindsight rather starchy (lots of pasta, bread, sugary 'fruit juice', biscuit) although the hotel did react to feedback via our group leader.
Spa can be booked, remember you'll either need to pay (1 euro I think) for a bathing hat.

Room tip: Air conditioning does work - remember to shut the window first!
Date of stay: July 2015
1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Visited the area on a skiing trip and this hotel was just amazing. They could not to enough for us. The staff were incredible, so warm and welcoming. Our room was clean and comfortable and it was great being able to use the pool and sauna in the afternoons. Breakfast was typical continental style, everything was fresh and there was plenty to choose from. Dinners were good, nice choices, Italian food doesn't tend to disappoint. The staff organised our bus transfer to the skiing resort each day, they were all just so very kind to us.
The only negative remark I would have is that it's a shame you have to pay to use the jacuzzi but other than that 100%. I would absolutely recommend to friends and I hope to return myself.

Room tip: Ask for a room to the front to get a view of the mountains
Date of stay: February 2014
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Stayed here a number of times while travelling with work from the UK. Reception staff helpful with English skills which far exceed my Italian skills. Hotel WIFI was not working so was provided with a LAN cable. Initially Internet did not work for me, so they called in and engineer to fix the problem, issues all solved in a couple of hours.
Food in hotel is good. Breakfast is continental buffet style, with good selection of fruit, breads, cereals meats and cheese. The hotel provides lunches and evening meals, their set menus are very good value and quality. Good simple cooking with quality ingredients. Also a la carte menu available.
Rooms very clean and of a reasonably high standard. Views from rooms can be from looking at a wall to panoramic vistas of surrounding mountains, ask when booking, they are glad to help.
Staff are very helpful. Hotel has adequate parking. Didn't visit the spa, so I can not comment, but I hear it is first class.
Hotels in Italy are very hit or miss. Their star rating is a mystery to me. I have stayed in 4* hotels I would classify as 2* and stayed in 2* hotels I would classify as 4*. Hotel San Martino is 4* and I would not begrude it that rating.

Date of stay: October 2010
2  Thank Taylor1971
Reviewed July 23, 2007

July 2007

Just returned from a spa weekend at the Hotel San Martino, Darfo Boario Terme. Definitely lives up to it's 4* rating. The htoel had a feel of being family run. The staff were very welcoming and accommodating and the spa out of this world. Our package included a complimentary massage (I had the chakra stone massage (BELLISSIMO!!!) and full board (breakfast is continential buffet style), drinks not included. EXCELLENT!!! is all I can say. The food, the atmosphere, the service. There's no gym, which disappointed my friend but that was fine for me as I could swim to my heart's content. There's a sauna & steam room, aromatherapy showers and a hydrotherapy pool with atmospheric lighting as well as the treatment rooms. Complimentary hot drinks and water are available. Other treatments are available at extra cost. Only a few of the staff spoke English, but I was impressed by the chef coming to our table to tell us what was on the menu. If vegeterian, make sure you let this be known at the time of book and again once you arrive. We did ask to change our room as our first one looked out onto a flat roof and not much else. This was done with no problem. A room at the front looks onto the mountains.

The hotel is about 50 mins drive from Bergamo Milan airport. We took the bus (two) which took about double that time but a fraction of the cost. The ride was quite scenic but the bus was quite hot and didn't seem to have any air conditioning. Didn't spoil it for me however.

The Boario Spa is about 20 minitues walk away from the hotel. Famous for it's four natural spring with medicinal healing properties. Unfortunately we only discovered this the day before we came back so didn't get a chance to sample the delights it offered but will definitely be going back for a visit. Most of the information we picked up was only written in Italian, which obviously made it difficult for us to read about the spa as again the staff spoke limited English.

There is a tourist information office at the bus station at Boario Terme. The assistant was very helpful in giving us information and maps about the area - the area is famed for it's rock carvings and steeped in history as well as it's spa and is also close to the Alps for those interested in skiing.

I went with a friend for her birthday. As a gift, we were treated to a session in the hydrotherapy pool with aperitifs.

Perfect for a romantic getaway or a relax break with friends. The weather was absolutely gorgeous! We were only there for 3 nights, but as mentioned, would defintely go back.

9  Thank SpaQueen2